How long do you hit the heavy bag and speed bag for?

i like to do 10 to 12 rds of 3 mins and 1 min rest of high intensity boxing, after a 3 km run for warm up first , or 4 to 6 rounds of kickboxing for 3 min rounds and 1 min intervals also after a 3km warm up run that i try keeping under 15 mins

1-5 rounds of however long I feel like (depends if I'm working skill or conditioning)

Someday I go I to the gym, run a mile on the treadmill, then hit the hevay bag for 2 hours straight. I lose track of time.

Someday I go I to the gym, run a mile on the treadmill, then hit the hevay bag for 2 hours straight. I lose track of time.
That sounds like an awesome time actually. Kind of like going to the gym to hit weights and having so much fun you lose track of time.

Where I trained in Thailand, you just hit the bag before the coaches padwork, and after. Maxing out your skip knees, teeps, punching, elbows, etc. Building the reps even imperfectly I've found to be very good at ingraining the technique. I just had a session with Chatchai Sasakul, and he had me just do repetitive uppercuts to the bag at my own pace, while one of his fighters watched our weight transfer. So the low end ingraining is something people don't do enough of I feel, but its invaluable.

For conditioning, I like to mix up between 5 minute, 2 minute, and 90 second rounds. They all target different parts of the aerobic spectrum. If you're a competitor, then the bulk of your training should be of course your sports duration for specificity, and perhaps flourishes of shorter rounds to work more your power, and more towards the 5 minutes for capacity.

10 rounds, 3 and 1, then run for 45 minutes (usually a little over 5 miles).

should be no single answer
use it for power work... for low-intensity skill work... for rounds... for reps... for non-impact drills...
I incorporate it every day, though probably not in the way you're thinking.

Till she shuts up and gets me my beer.

Depends on what you're working, I usually do 5x3min, so 20min (inc. rest periods)

Heavy bag I count off 300 jabs, 200 straights, 100 left hooks, 100 right hooks, get a drink, then set a timer for 20 mins just stringing together different combos at random.

I'll use the double end bag and hanging medicine ball bag for stuff, then 3 rounds on the speed bag at the end.

The last few times i hit the bag i just went for like 3-4 songs before each break

Back