How long before the first fight?

Bricen78

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Let's say I'm a beginner and I train every other day:
How long would it take for me to have my first fight?
Are there any rules on this?

This depends IMHO from kind of sport and rule set.

I might be subjective but IMHO semi contact stuff in TMAs and KB under kick light rules are in reality most complicated things cos you might in some cases get reduced points and warning if ref will think that you hit him too hard etc...

Am boxing too isn't easy thing... Especially cos you in reality should know ref and judges used for your bout. Their flowcharts and character etc.

IMHO if you are someone 14 y.o...
Some 6 months - till some 3 years or a bit more ....

Depends on the gym.
I'd say avg, 4 years, unless you know the owners or have experience, it ain't gonna be a walk thru the park just finding a fight, unfortuantely.

1 year if you’re training daily and doing your homework, regardless of the sport.

6 months-12 months and look up amateur fight promotions in city.

Well can you fight.?

have you been in a fight before?

If your completely new, id say your at least 1-2 years away from a pro fight if you train hard and consistently every day with 1 rest day a week ...and probably 1 year away from an amateur fight ... If your training every other day probably alittle longer on each timeline if your not someone who has any experience in fighting or martial art competition

you cant buy experience and in fighting that's one of the very best teachers...so it takes time

Let's say I'm a beginner and I train every other day:
How long would it take for me to have my first fight?
Are there any rules on this?
I'd say 6-12 months if you've been training on a consistent basis. There's no rules for competing. but you should do some homework on the promotion you plan on fighting in, ask your coach about it?

Back