How highly ranked in the LW division would an active Iaquinta be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mysterio

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
- 5 straight wins before losing to Khabib (last minute replacement after a 3 month training camp for Felder who he was scheduled to face on the same card).
- Wins over Masvidal and Kevin Lee
- Never been knocked out
- Powerful wrestling, excellent grappling and dynamite in his fists

He'd have lost to Felder so probably 10-15 like he was.

Higher than he is now, that seems certain to me. We'll need to see him fight someone he's prepared for to get a sense of where he's at right now.

Probably 10th if you make Nate active too, I think he passes Al. But the top 10 is pretty legit.

He's too mentally unstable to say, and the UFC hates him and would offer him fucked up matchups. But 5-8.

8-12

If he had his head on right, he could sweet matchup his way to a belt, but it's highly unlikely

Lol at him beating Masvidal

Because Masvidal is the most reliable fighter right? He gives fights away he should win, in a perfect world where he fights like he needs to that dude is ALMOST unstoppable, but how he fights now its always a 50/50 out. He gave that shit away and I still think he won, but cmon

5th I think, he's pretty decent all around and tough as well. I don't think he'd get to the top though.

Top 3

Al is very underrated in this forum.
Conor, Tferg, Khabib. Clearly the top 3 at LW. I hate Conor btw, but denying his skill is fucking asinine. But top 5 all day long

5-10 range imo depending on getting fortunate with matchups. He may have won against Lee a long time back but I don't think he wins against Lee at this point, despite me thinking Lee might be a bit overrated.

He seems like a good fighter all around but he doesn't stick out in any particular way so I doubt he could ever move into the top 5 in such a stacked divison.

he is currently ranked #9 (he used to be #11, how you can move up in ranking after getting dominated for 5 rounds is beyond me)
and that is the highest he will be ranked
no reason for him to be ranked higher than Diaz right now if Diaz has to be ranked
i wouldn't pick iaquinta over chiesa but chiesa is about to move to WW
and Alvarez is going to sign with One so Iaquinta may even be ranked 8

I think Al beats everyone in 155 not named Khabib.
I think Al has more chance of beating everyone at the real estate game than beating either of Tony or Conor. Come to think of it I'd be also betting on Lee if they ever fought again, hell reckon Gaethje would take him as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back