How good of a fighter is Platinum Mike Perry really?

I thought this would be a serious question, not a bunch of posts of nutslobbering a guy that at the end of his career will be a poor mans Chris Leben.

He is like... ummm. Not as good as Jouban.

This Guy is stealin´ him the limelight!

groove.jpeg

So, how good is Mike Perry? Well to answer this we must look at his career, the man is only 25 years old and he started training seriously only 3 years ago. He has no real athletic background or credentials to show for himself yet...after 3-4 years of training he's 10-1 (3-1 UFC) with a 100% knockout ratio. He really shows you what's possible for a kid out of Flint Michigan who was destined for nothing except prison, he made it despite the odds. It's funny we like to look at Sage Northcutt who many like to claim is a future champion or one of the best prospects in the sport...Northcutt may only be 21 but he's 8-2 professionally, 5-1 amateur and was a 15-0 Kickboxer on the regional circuit, Sage has dedicated himself to the martial arts since he was born and was given ever genetic and environmental advantage you could possibly imagine in life...Yet Perry has done much more, with much less, in a shorter period of time.

Actually he's been fighting for 7 years (July '10) and has 22 fights,can people around here just make a thread without juicing someones number to make them look better?So silly.I love watching this guy fight,but acting like he's some great fighter compared to top guys is stupid imo,he has potential,but he has a ways to go.

A quick dose or reality - he has potential and is decent today. Let's not get ahead of ourselves, he has defeated one randked fighter who is on the tail end of his carreer, Ellenburger's record:
upload_2017-5-19_0-21-33.png

If he beats one of these guys I will get onboard the hype train. Right now he is prospect with potential.
upload_2017-5-19_0-27-55.png

Platinum Nation already got its ass kicked by Marcy Marc and the Funky Bunch

Super strong mentally, but crisp, active strikers can pick him apart and I think he's vulnerable on the ground.

He's a fucking fighter to the core though, he'll always fight to his full potential

Well, people like to assume for some reason Platinum Mike Perry is a joke but I assure you, just as Platinum Nation is here for world domination so is Mike Perry.

suF3GNe.jpg

So, how good is Mike Perry? Well to answer this we must look at his career, the man is only 25 years old and he started training seriously only 3 years ago. He has no real athletic background or credentials to show for himself yet...after 3-4 years of training he's 10-1 (3-1 UFC) with a 100% knockout ratio. He really shows you what's possible for a kid out of Flint Michigan who was destined for nothing except prison, he made it despite the odds. It's funny we like to look at Sage Northcutt who many like to claim is a future champion or one of the best prospects in the sport...Northcutt may only be 21 but he's 8-2 professionally, 5-1 amateur and was a 15-0 Kickboxer on the regional circuit, Sage has dedicated himself to the martial arts since he was born and was given ever genetic and environmental advantage you could possibly imagine in life...Yet Perry has done much more, with much less, in a shorter period of time. Even Jack Slack has been singing the technical praises of Perry along with enjoying Platinum's amusement. So I ask you, who really is the great prospect between them? Surely Platinum.

People like to discredit Perry by talking about his opponents. "He lost to a male model". Let me ask you, do you know who Danny Roberts even is? He was 13-1 (2-0 UFC) before Platinum knocked him out. People think 3-0 Mickey Gall who's beaten up an 0-0 Journalist they plucked out of the crowd, a 0-0 42 year old pro wrestler and Sage Northcutt is a great fighter...are you shitting me? Danny Roberts has taken shits better at fighting than Gall you delusional haters have to give credit where credit is due, Platinum Nation is here to ease your cognitive dissonance. Hyun Gyu Lim? He may not be the best fighter in the world but he was 3-2 in the UFC, 13-5-1 (10 KO's)...Lim was a violent knockout artist with a lot of experience...Mike Perry took the fight on 2 weeks notice at 23 years old and remember Perry had only been training for 2 years at this point and he knocked Lim out in the first round violently? Are you not impressed yet, you want to tell me more about Mickey Gall or are you starting to get it? Jake Ellenberger has been on the decline for years now but it doesn't change the fact that Ellenberger was once an elite fighter and is an extremely proven and dangerous veteran...Rory MacDonald didn't finish Ellenberger, Ellenberger almost knocked Robbie Lawler out if you can even remember that far back and it took Lawler 3 rounds to find a TKO and lets not forget Ellenberger recently finished Matt Brown with a body kick. It only took Perry 6 minutes to land the knockout of the year on Ellenberger followed by breakdancing.

tumblr_oouds3bjTm1udfb8oo1_500.gif

WhichGoldenAnkolewatusi-size_restricted.gif

Still don't like this guy huh? Did his faux handshake really offend you that much?

In an era where most fighters are aping a forced Conor McGregor shtick, Mike Perry is one of the few genuine fighters that can also hype fights and it's not forced, he's as real as the tattoos on his face boi! Even when he's calling fighters out...they make sense, he actually understands rankings. This man isn't nearly as dumb as you haters like to think, he shows confidence but not delusion.

It's not even just you fans, the media is out to get Perry. They've tried to slander him as a racist for words he never even said. Bleacher report posted an article implying Perry he was in black face discriminating an entire group of people when in reality he was wearing a mask and there was no relation to "black face" at all....Platinum is just a kid who grew up drinking lead in Flint Michigan, all he wants to do is fight and entertain you? Do you hate him for his criminal past? What about guys like Rumble? Gustafsson? many fighters and athletes have troubled pasts, that's a beautiful thing about sports and fighting especially it allows us to transcend such things.

DAC-iq3XkAAY2WE.jpg

I will say, Matt Brown has been my favorite fighter for awhile, but I wouldn't want him fighting Platinum Mike. Honestly, PMP is going to turn heads after his next win against a top ten guy. Hype train leaves soon, better get on while you can.

I will say, Matt Brown has been my favorite fighter for awhile, but I wouldn't want him fighting Platinum Mike. Honestly, PMP is going to turn heads after his next win against a top ten guy. Hype train leaves soon, better get on while you can.

And by win, I of course mean KO

Good is an insult for Mike. He's the best eva.

Last edited:
What an OP, I think the time of day you posted must be poor as this thread deserves so much more love. The haters can ignore the words and write some snarky comment about "hehehe Male Model" but the fact remains, Mike has the most potential to be a breakout star in the WW division. Only Cowboy even has a personality that is interesting and marketable on that top twelve list displayed above, the rest are either interesting but not marketable, marketable but not interesting or just plain bland. He comes to fight every single time, is improving at an exponential rate and has great team around him along with his supportive girlfriend, the Platinum Princess.

Last edited:
A quick dose or reality - he has potential and is decent today. Let's not get ahead of ourselves, he has defeated one randked fighter who is on the tail end of his carreer, Ellenburger's record:
View attachment 230069

If he beats one of these guys I will get onboard the hype train. Right now he is prospect with potential.
View attachment 230071

What a fookin troll. Slow your roll buddeh.

What an OP, I think the time of day you posted must be poor as this thread deserves so much more love. The haters can ignore the words and write some snarky comment about "hehehe Male Model" but the fact remains, Mike has the most potential to be a breakout star in the WW division. Only Cowboy even has a personality that is interesting and marketable on that top twelve list displayed above, the rest are either interesting but not marketable, marketable but not interesting or just plain bland. He comes to fight every single time, is improving at an exponential rate and has great team around him along with his supportive girlfriend, the Platinum Princess.

#PrincessBless

I thought this would be a serious question

Same.

I was about to post from what we've seen of him so far, he's someone who has heavy hands, head hunts a bit too much and seems like he gets frustrated/over anxious looking for the KO the longer the fight goes on.

His fighting soul shines the brightest through space and time and his skill set is ever growing. Praised be his almighty fists.

Well, people like to assume for some reason Platinum Mike Perry is a joke but I assure you, just as Platinum Nation is here for world domination so is Mike Perry.

suF3GNe.jpg

So, how good is Mike Perry? Well to answer this we must look at his career, the man is only 25 years old and he started training seriously only 3 years ago. He has no real athletic background or credentials to show for himself yet...after 3-4 years of training he's 10-1 (3-1 UFC) with a 100% knockout ratio. He really shows you what's possible for a kid out of Flint Michigan who was destined for nothing except prison, he made it despite the odds. It's funny we like to look at Sage Northcutt who many like to claim is a future champion or one of the best prospects in the sport...Northcutt may only be 21 but he's 8-2 professionally, 5-1 amateur and was a 15-0 Kickboxer on the regional circuit, Sage has dedicated himself to the martial arts since he was born and was given ever genetic and environmental advantage you could possibly imagine in life...Yet Perry has done much more, with much less, in a shorter period of time. Even Jack Slack has been singing the technical praises of Perry along with enjoying Platinum's amusement. So I ask you, who really is the great prospect between them? Surely Platinum.

People like to discredit Perry by talking about his opponents. "He lost to a male model". Let me ask you, do you know who Danny Roberts even is? He was 13-1 (2-0 UFC) before Platinum knocked him out. People think 3-0 Mickey Gall who's beaten up an 0-0 Journalist they plucked out of the crowd, a 0-0 42 year old pro wrestler and Sage Northcutt is a great fighter...are you shitting me? Danny Roberts has taken shits better at fighting than Gall you delusional haters have to give credit where credit is due, Platinum Nation is here to ease your cognitive dissonance. Hyun Gyu Lim? He may not be the best fighter in the world but he was 3-2 in the UFC, 13-5-1 (10 KO's)...Lim was a violent knockout artist with a lot of experience...Mike Perry took the fight on 2 weeks notice at 23 years old and remember Perry had only been training for 2 years at this point and he knocked Lim out in the first round violently? Are you not impressed yet, you want to tell me more about Mickey Gall or are you starting to get it? Jake Ellenberger has been on the decline for years now but it doesn't change the fact that Ellenberger was once an elite fighter and is an extremely proven and dangerous veteran...Rory MacDonald didn't finish Ellenberger, Ellenberger almost knocked Robbie Lawler out if you can even remember that far back and it took Lawler 3 rounds to find a TKO and lets not forget Ellenberger recently finished Matt Brown with a body kick. It only took Perry 6 minutes to land the knockout of the year on Ellenberger followed by breakdancing.

tumblr_oouds3bjTm1udfb8oo1_500.gif

WhichGoldenAnkolewatusi-size_restricted.gif

Still don't like this guy huh? Did his faux handshake really offend you that much?

In an era where most fighters are aping a forced Conor McGregor shtick, Mike Perry is one of the few genuine fighters that can also hype fights and it's not forced, he's as real as the tattoos on his face boi! Even when he's calling fighters out...they make sense, he actually understands rankings. This man isn't nearly as dumb as you haters like to think, he shows confidence but not delusion.

It's not even just you fans, the media is out to get Perry. They've tried to slander him as a racist for words he never even said. Bleacher report posted an article implying Perry he was in black face discriminating an entire group of people when in reality he was wearing a mask and there was no relation to "black face" at all....Platinum is just a kid who grew up drinking lead in Flint Michigan, all he wants to do is fight and entertain you? Do you hate him for his criminal past? What about guys like Rumble? Gustafsson? many fighters and athletes have troubled pasts, that's a beautiful thing about sports and fighting especially it allows us to transcend such things.

DAC-iq3XkAAY2WE.jpg

So about that

Back