How far would Cro Cop have gone in boxing?

KillerIsBack V2

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
cause I know most of u think today's HW boxing shit.
Also, Jarell Miller is ranked in the top ten by the WBA, IBF, and WBO. and is in the top 20 HW by the boxing media. and is still undefeated.
Jarell was undefeated in kickboxing before Mirko retired from MMA and gave him 2 embaressing losses in a row, that same year, Mirko had 5 fights against actually decent competition losing once, while Miller only fought him twice.

How would he fair if he transitioned to boxing... Or better, what if he first started out as a an amateur boxer from young age then turned pro?

I admit I had to boxrec Jarrell Miller and the only guy on his record I ever heard of is Joey Daweco, who is just a mediocre gatekeeper and thats the draw blemish on his resume. Other than that, he's never fought anyone I've heard of. Can't say I'm familiar with him as a kick boxer either.

Whats Crocop without kicks though? I can't imagine he could transition well, considering that he's pretty chinny and his style is based around kicking.

I admit I had to boxrec Jarrell Miller and the only guy on his record I ever heard of is Joey Daweco, who is just a mediocre gatekeeper and thats the draw blemish on his resume. Other than that, he's never fought anyone I've heard of. Can't say I'm familiar with him as a kick boxer either.

Whats Crocop without kicks though? I can't imagine he could transition well, considering that he's pretty chinny and his style is based around kicking.
true, this thread is merely the product of insomnia too.

He would have done less than Rick Roufus did in boxing, which wasn't too bad.

Broke bob Sapp's orbital with a straight left (i believe straight left).

He had pretty quick hands, which he used to set up his left high kick.

Didnt he have an ammy box record of like 50-4 or something? I rememebr seeing that in one of the ironlife or whatever forum that was high lights.

Cro Cop went 40-5 as an amatuer boxer or something like that.

Yeah just looked it up, 40-5 with 31 knockouts. Cro Cop did a little bit of everything. He was very fast and powerful but I'm not sure how technical his boxing was compared to high level pros.

I doubt he would have gone much further than Ray Sefo did... In before anyone mentions Chester Hughes.

I don't know what the Croatian equivalent to this would be, but in the U.S. I think he could have been a local attraction who successfully beat low level guys who were brought in to lose. At CW or HW there aren't too many guys who have a lot of coordination, speed and stay in good shape. He's have no trouble finding guys to beat since he had those things (and a decent amateur background). Beyond that level, I think he would probably lose as much as he won and he'd likely be just a journeyman on the national or international scene. That's not bad, but I think he picked better sports in kickboxing and MMA for his abilities.

Well, I guess there's a pretty good reason, Niki Holskin, Rico Verheoven, and Tyron Sponge's pro boxing records didn't even try to ascend that much.

He outboxed Jarrell Miller though, Cro Cop barely threw kicks in that fight.

For some reason, Jarrell Miller didnt do shit in that fight. He just stood there and blocked Cro Cops punches, mostly with his arms, some with his face.

You wanna see a good kickboxer/MMA fighter transition into boxing?

Look up Sergei Lipinets. He headlines PBC and he #rekt that undefeated Mayweather fighter.

Here is Lipinets beating a Muay Thai fighter with just his boxing. Barely kicks, no wonder he got into boxing.

All mirko has was a straight left, no jab no hook or uppercut etc.

I don't know what the Croatian equivalent to this would be, but in the U.S. I think he could have been a local attraction who successfully beat low level guys who were brought in to lose. At CW or HW there aren't too many guys who have a lot of coordination, speed and stay in good shape. He's have no trouble finding guys to beat since he had those things (and a decent amateur background). Beyond that level, I think he would probably lose as much as he won and he'd likely be just a journeyman on the national or international scene. That's not bad, but I think he picked better sports in kickboxing and MMA for his abilities.
This is probably the most accurate answer.

He would be a stepping stone for an unknown mandatory title eliminator for a world title. But to make it that far would be pretty good.

i don't know, I haven't seen many martial artists who looked like they could cut it in boxing. Maurice Smith and that other champ, Wilson or whatever, neither did too well in boxing. The more tools you throw into an arsenal, it seems the less you need any one thing. In fact, lots of boxing skills would be suicidal against a really good kicker or grappler. I did think that McGregor showed some decent striking in that last fight of his, only time I saw him, but, then again, lots of martial artists get to that level and aren't well rounded either technically or emotionally. I thought he caved the minute he got tired. It's one more reason I favor the sport of boxing even though I know that 80-95 percent of the time they'd lose against a top mma'er.

He doesn't have the chin for heavyweight , easy pickings

i don't know, I haven't seen many martial artists who looked like they could cut it in boxing. Maurice Smith and that other champ, Wilson or whatever, neither did too well in boxing. The more tools you throw into an arsenal, it seems the less you need any one thing. In fact, lots of boxing skills would be suicidal against a really good kicker or grappler. I did think that McGregor showed some decent striking in that last fight of his, only time I saw him, but, then again, lots of martial artists get to that level and aren't well rounded either technically or emotionally. I thought he caved the minute he got tired. It's one more reason I favor the sport of boxing even though I know that 80-95 percent of the time they'd lose against a top mma'er.

I really do think if Conor had focused on boxing, he would be a top level, but not elite, boxer as part of Eddie Hearns or Warren's prospect staple. He'd have like a record of 28-2 or something.

He'd fight for a world title but never win a belt.

His Wikipedia page says that he was a 3x national amateur boxing champion. I knew he'd boxed but didn't know that. Not sure how he would've fared and we'll never get to know. Likely not great but he was athletic, powerful (his left was), good speed on that left and a strong guy. He would've had to develop a whole lot more if he went that route but he was a hard working guy that had considerable success in multiple combat sports. The work ethic was there.

Back