How do you see a fight between Edson Barboza and Nate Diaz?

Against some fighters that could be an issue, but Nate is so sideways he has no counter for the leg kick. If you're a high level leg kicker, you can literally kick that shit over and over and over and over and he has no counter or answer for it. He never countered RDA's kick with a decent cross. Conor's leg kick is far slower and weaker than Edson's but he got an insane amount of free, unanswered kicks because every leg kick knocks Nate off balance due to his stance.

If you look at all of Nate's fights, he tags people who are boxing centered or pretend to be boxing centered (Donald), but he is not impressive when someone has a kick heavy gameplan. Its almost like he's constantly surprised he's being kicked.

i agree. it's amazing that nate hasn't corrected that flaw in his stance. i see Barboza winning by leg kicks.

Barboza by Nate's lead leg flying out of the arena.

Good observation. Nate does well against people that fight too much in the middle and doesn't have good lateral movement. Maybe the reason he bullies Conor ? Doesn't move his head out of the centerline after striking and can't have the reach advantage against Nate so he's never too far to be countered with his 1-2's.

But hypotetically speaking, i was scared of Nate somehow reaching Edson's chin once while he's confident and giving him trouble xD. That said his defense is much improved, without a good war nobody is hurting Edson that easily anymore. Barboza is slick and maturing, i sincerely think he has business in the title picture.

that's because irish jabroni's counter game is based on pushing the opponent so he can pull backwards with the hook/cross. regarding his head movement yes, he does not move sideways due to his stiff stance to generate power.

to be honest i don't see nate reaching to Barboza without getting leg kicked first. he has to over commit Barboza to do that.

that's because irish jabroni's counter game is based on pushing the opponent so he can pull backwards with the hook/cross. regarding his head movement yes, he does not move sideways due to his stiff stance to generate power.

to be honest i don't see naae reaching to Barboza without getting leg kicked first. he has to over commit Barboza to do that.
Unless Barboza tried something unusual (which is unlikely).

It would probably be a walk in the park for Edison but we'll never know when his chin will fail him. Such a same, too much talent. Could be a dominant champion by now if it wasn't the setbacks.

It would probably be a walk in the park for Edison but we'll never know when his chin will fail him. Such a same, too much talent. Could be a dominant champion by now if it wasn't the setbacks.

yeah, i think that too. but like i said if someone forces irish jabroni to lead and overcommit, Barboza can leg kick him. most counter punchers are bad leading and i don't watch Robin Black that much but he said something and Brendan Dorman (youtuber who does striking breakdowns) agrees is that irish jabroni counters in a "push and pull" way: moving forward to pressure and moving backwards to generate momentum and power. also HE ALWAYS AIM THE SIDE OF THE CHIN, ALWAYS. so Barboza has to be careful since Jamie Varner ko him with a punch to the chin.

Barboza just needs to learn defense and he is good to go but he has to stay calm and not enter that trash talk and psychological warfare irish jabroni uses.

Nate is the most overrated guy in this forums. He is a gatekeeper.

Barboza eats him alive.

Edsons chin has not been cracked for a while... he has a good chin just got caught in a bad position by Cerrone.

yeah, i think that too. but like i said if someone forces irish jabroni to lead and overcommit, Barboza can leg kick him. most counter punchers are bad leading and i don't watch Robin Black that much but he said something and Brendan Dorman (youtuber who does striking breakdowns) agrees is that irish jabroni counters in a "push and pull" way: moving forward to pressure and moving backwards to generate momentum and power. also HE ALWAYS AIM THE SIDE OF THE CHIN, ALWAYS. so Barboza has to be careful since Jamie Varner ko him with a punch to the chin.

Barboza just needs to learn defense and he is good to go but he has to stay calm and not enter that trash talk and psychological warfare irish jabroni uses.
I watch Dorman a lot. his breakdowns are the fucking best.

Conor wants that "false" striking range. He wants to stay too far to be hit yet close enough to hit his punches (if that makes sense), when he can't abuse his wingspan, he ends up eating a lot of punches, as Nate has shown us. Barboza has 75 in reach, Conor 74. Slipping/Ducking whatever Barboza would throw at him would be death, he'd have trouble because Barboza never rushes, is a damn good kicker and has great timing. Conor would probably try to stick and move against Edson, and yeah, like you guys said, that's when Edson would time his leg kicks.

I bet sherdog thinks Barboza would be KO'd in a second (and i can't say they don't have a reason to), but it could be a more dangerous fight for McGregor than most think.

Nate getting kicked a lot while landing good but not fight ending shots. Edson wins a unanimous decision and Nate goes on a long mumbly rant in the post fight talking about "bullshit" and "not a real fighter."

Nate hurts Edson in round 2 or 3 and swarms him with a barrage of punches and Stockton slaps in typical Diaz fashion to earn the TKO win.

I watch Dorman a lot. his breakdowns are the fucking best.

Conor wants that "false" striking range. He wants to stay too far to be hit yet close enough to hit his punches (if that makes sense), when he can't abuse his wingspan, he ends up eating a lot of punches, as Nate has shown us. Barboza has 75 in reach, Conor 74. Slipping/Ducking whatever Barboza would throw at him would be death, he'd have trouble because Barboza never rushes, is a damn good kicker and has great timing. Conor would probably try to stick and move against Edson, and yeah, like you guys said, that's when Edson would time his leg kicks.

I bet sherdog thinks Barboza would be KO'd in a second (and i can't say they don't have a reason to), but it could be a more dangerous fight for McGregor than most think.

and you are right with "far to be hit yet close enough to hit his punches" it's the push and pull stuff Dorman and Robin Black said BUT that strategy is based on his reach against Barboza and Ferguson that is gone. Having said that Barboza must train defense since he is a very tactical striker but he got tagged because of a lacking boxing defense. Ferguson is another who can give him trouble also but he is very quirky and unpredictable.

Barbosa's lows pack considerably more heat than Cerrone's... I don't know. Nate has shown that he can check low kicks with consistency vs Johnson but seemed to forget all about it vs McGregor. It's a toss-up IMO.

Worst possible matchup for Nate.
Hope he never meets Edson...fear for his old age ability to walk.
(Weird...Nate Beats Cowboy...Cowboy beats Edson...Nate would at least struggle with Edson)

Back