how do you guys work on improving your handspeed?

neil_totally

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
What are the drills/exercises you guys like and/or recommend for working on handspeed improvement?

I know that, essentially, pad work and bag work and repetition is what gets results. But are their any other tips, routines etc that you add in to your training that help?

I'm 35, and as slow as you'd expect, so I'm real eager to make sure I'm maximizing my time at the gym/on the bag/on the pads and doing everything I can to get my speed up.

Practice on staying loose when you shadow box.

Work 3-4 punch combinations on the bag and focus on throwing quick snappy punches for the first 2-3 and then put power into the last one

I like using a resistance band and shadow boxing with it

Practice on staying loose when you shadow box.

Work 3-4 punch combinations on the bag and focus on throwing quick snappy punches for the first 2-3 and then put power into the last one

yeah, just in the last couple of days I've tried to focus on snapping the punch back quickly. And also working on speed & technique per punch, rather than the speed of the combination.

I like using a resistance band and shadow boxing with it

I've thought about this alot actually. Funnily enough, saw Cris Cyborg doing it on her Instagram ages ago, and always thought it could be a good tool. Could also help with me keeping my hands up too, ha.

Back