How do you defeat a really strong opponent that have +70 pound weight advantage at white belt bjj?

jcgonzmo

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
To be more specific
1) How you begin the match if you cannot take him down? Pulling guard seems help him side control me.
2) How do get out of side control?
3) How do you hide your arm, so he cannot do any type of arm submission, when your opponent have you on side control?
4) How do you break they closed guard? Standing up and lifting your opponent´s weight will destroy your knees.
5) Which are the best submissions to apply?

The answer to all of your questions is the same -

Talk to your professor ...

How do I do jiujitsu?

That's about as broad as your questions are bro.

Step 1) don’t be a white belt

just train.

i mean, basically you just asked how do i take someone down? how do i pull guard? how do i stop them from passing my guard? how do i defend submissions? how do i pass guard? how do i apply submissions?

those are extremely broad questions with a billion answers, and none of which youre going to learn overnight. just train, figure it out, and ask your instructor and training partners specific questions.

I know how to do all those things with normal people. I am talking specifically against a person that is much stronger than me and have a 70+pound weight advantage.

How do you defeat a really strong opponent that have +70 pound weight advantage at white belt bjj?

You don't. As a white belt, you're not good enough yet to overcome significant size + strength advantages. The real answer is: keep training, get better, and eventually it'll be easy. But there's absolutely no magic bullet for beating people with sizable physical advantages over you. Just learn BJJ and it'll come in time. The technique doesn't change, you just have to be much sharper to make it work against big, strong people.

That's the reason there's weight classes in comp's... Now there's always exceptions to everything but normally Mayweather isn't going to beat Tyson.. I'm a 155lb purple belt with nearly 9 years of training and I have a hard time with even heavyweight white belts. I never said I couldn't control the roll and submit them but even at purple it's not easy.

That's the reason there's weight classes in comp's... Now there's always exceptions to everything but normally Mayweather isn't going to beat Tyson.. I'm a 155lb purple belt with nearly 9 years of training and I have a hard time with even heavyweight white belts. I never said I couldn't control the roll and submit them but even at purple it's not easy.

This should have been the first reponse. Stop ego grappling in practice.

Stop trying to win in training, just focus on working techniques you have been taught/fundamentals. You will never have to face someone like this guy, unless in absolute.

Back