how do you act in conflict situations that may lead to fight?

At the age I am now I really avoid conflict as much as I can...but with that being said it all depends because I have a bad temper...it depends on what the person did and how aggresive they are becoming...If they get too close I attack them before they attack me...I have had plenty of street and bar fights, but I am no trained fighter...even if you're a trained fighter that shit can be very dangerous...I have been stabbed an shot at and I will tell you that it isn't fun to be shaking hands with death...that's why I moved away from the bad area I was from and avoid a lot of my old school buddies

I walk away. I don't get into any fisticuffs anymore, and don't want to shoot anyone over insults. Words don't mean shit to me.

If you carry and act like a hopped-up teenager, you're most likely going to see the inside of a jail in your lifetime.

I instigate it further. Then i take my coat off like im prepared to fight and then i throw it on their face to blind them and cheap shot them then run away.

I'm an adult, I'm not around those kind of situations.

ADULT.gif

I try to avoid conflicts unless I can kick the guy's ass.

Mine usually end with, "Get on the ground or you're gonna get Tazed!"

Follwed by "Don't taze me bro!"
If every day for you is like an episode of cops I would see how you would never be bored, however, cameras everywhere have probably ruined some of the "fun" cops used to have.

Last time I had anything close to an altercation is when I was shitfaced and walked in on 2 dudes in the bathroom talking ( or doing blow ).

I opened the door and an emotional bro ( who was much taller and heavier ) told me to wait and gave me a shove and I was a little taken aback, being drunk and full of piss. I said " what's your fucking problem? " , he said something like " you don't want to get hurt alright " and I was just kinda laughing when his friend ( also in the bathroom and more sober ) calmed him down and apologized, then they left.

Not sure what it was all about but thats the kind of stupid shit that happens at last call in shit bars in boston.
Dude, you were trying to interrupt them snorting some lines, and they didnt want to share. I am on their side.

every situation is different.
sometimes, you need to walk away.
(hears faint music in head)

you gotta know when to hold em and when to fold..

have not been in a fight in a long, long time. i find people who get into fights and are easy to upset very immature. if you get upset over something someone says, then it means that you care about their opinion of you. and you shouldn't care about what a stranger thinks. the other problem, is that guys feel they're going to get called a pussy for not fighting. nope. that's thinking with your ego instead of your brain.

I approach them rapidly with a full erection to establish dominance.

Wondering how fellow sherdoggers act when face situations that can lead to a fight, conflicts etc.? A lot of tough warriors here :)

I personally had like 2-3 fights (outside of training) in my life and generally when there is a conflict in public ( subway, bar fight, school, road rage etc) I just walk away and don't react to insults because it is not worth it in my opinion and I don't think that I need to prove anything to stranger , especially if there is a possibilty to get stabbed or whatever.

As i get older those type of cofronting situations happen less and less, last time was 4 years ago when i lived in vancouver and some junkie looking guy approached me at bus stop and wanted an explantion as to why i am staring at him. I was just kinda in the zone looking really nowhere, but he thought I was looking at him and was really butthurt about it, wanted to get into fight and threw insults out of nowhere. I said just whatever guy, leave me alone. What would you do in this situaiton, would you fight him and engage in verbal arguement?

I started trainging diffrent martial arts as a kid and still train on and off . Back then it was for the purpose of self defense, but now I kinda think it is only good for hobby and keeping shape, not for actual self defense because if in fact you will try to use your skills you most likely will get hurt or killed. I live in Russia now and the thing is people with whom you might get in conflict usually have like a knife or a traumatic gun or a baseball bat in a trunk, so your chances are really not that great even if you are great at boxing or jiu jitsu.

I know couple people with different philoshy - they are teaching / training martial arts and put it to pratise when they see social injustice.

What are your thoughts on all this and what are your stories?

I will not de-escalate anything

I rarely get in fights over arguments, but as soon as I get touched 9/10 its on from there, its autopilot and fight or flight kicks in, its always fight for me.

So to sum up, I try to avoid if possible most times, unless I really hate the guy, but if I get touched all bets are off.

Usually play hide the tabasco bottle... or pacify the situation unless the issue keeps getting pressed then handle the situation...

Honestly I haven't been threatened in any way since I was like 20 or something.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back