How do we stop home burglaries?

WorldofWarcraft

Holy Paladin
Banned
Reaction score
One of the worst fucking things that can happen to a person is when someone invades your private domain. There's an increase of this type of shit in Las Vegas recently. Almost all of these pieces of shit and their kids are moving in from Callifornia to North Las Vegas and they go to the nice neighborhoods and break into houses. They've been targeting Summerlin and Mountain's Edge properties.

They used to stay their ghetto asses in the projects, but when they dissolved that and replaced it with section 8, they got spread around.

attachment.php

If you're relying on guns to solve the issue then you haven't prevented a burglary. Preventing it is different to reacting to it. I know people will say 'oh well if everyone was armed there wouldn't be burglaries' but there's plenty of info out there to disprove that.

There's some video on youtube of a 9-11 call from an older couple- they have a german sherpherd I believe going crazy, and the woman is shooting at the door and the thief is STILL trying to gain entry.

There's some video on youtube of a 9-11 call from an older couple- they have a german sherpherd I believe going crazy, and the woman is shooting at the door and the thief is STILL trying to gain entry.
Yes, I'm sure that's the rule :rolleyes:
In that case, it's not a regular burglar but a maniac.

If you're relying on guns to solve the issue then you haven't prevented a burglary.
on the other hand, judicious use of said gun may prevent repeat burglaries by the same actor

- or

lead other potential burglars to run through a quick cost/benefit analysis of being a scum bag on a particular day.

Hey, what would I know about securing someones home.

-Let's start with adjusting the person's daily routine so that would-be burglars scouting the venue can't pinpoint with accuracy when the inhabitants are actually home. Changing routine makes it harder to make a safe entry/exit without being confronted.

-Electrical alarm systems, are they linked to local law enforcement, if so what is their average expected response time. If theyre not linked to cops, are neighbours in vicinity or even likely to call cops in a timely fashion?

-Entry/exit points including all windows on each level secure?

-dogs/geese/neighbourhood watch as a deterrant? has the person actually spent the time and finances on training a guard dog to actually guard?

Not going to write an essay here but you get the point. People die of heart attacks and they know not to eat fatburgers from the local fast food joint but that doesn't stop them. Nor does it start them exercising...so how would you expect the average reasonable person to spend the time, effort and money to prevent the unlikely event of someone gaining unauthorised access to their home.

It ultimately is up to the individual what they determine that likelihood to be, and what they are willing to do about it.

This must be the umpteenth time you've posted a thread on this topic.

We get it. You sleep with a gun under your pillow and are terrified of the world.

Mandate school uniforms nationwide in middle school and high school than can be easily had for free by people who cannot afford them.

Hey, what would I know about securing someones home.

-Let's start with adjusting the person's daily routine so that would-be burglars scouting the venue can't pinpoint with accuracy when the inhabitants are actually home. Changing routine makes it harder to make a safe entry/exit without being confronted.

-Electrical alarm systems, are they linked to local law enforcement, if so what is their average expected response time. If theyre not linked to cops, are neighbours in vicinity or even likely to call cops in a timely fashion?

-Entry/exit points including all windows on each level secure?

-dogs/geese/neighbourhood watch as a deterrant? has the person actually spent the time and finances on training a guard dog to actually guard?

Not going to write an essay here but you get the point. People die of heart attacks and they know not to eat fatburgers from the local fast food joint but that doesn't stop them. Nor does it start them exercising...so how would you expect the average reasonable person to spend the time, effort and money to prevent the unlikely event of someone gaining unauthorised access to their home.

It ultimately is up to the individual what they determine that likelihood to be, and what they are willing to do about it.

Geese?

Everyone vote democrat. Before you know it, nothing left to steal.

More people should own guns and shoot to kill when someone breaks into their house.

geese are a fiercely territorial animal. Plenty of countries and people use them as deterrants. Not in the US but elsewhere.
They are also tasty and fragile. Hell, my Jack Russel killed one at the park when it charged my kid with one bite.

They are also tasty and fragile. Hell, my Jack Russel killed one at the park when it charged my kid with one bite.

I wasn't playing internet paper, rock scissors. I was listing some legitimate considerations with regards to home security.

I wasn't playing internet paper, rock scissors. I was listing some legitimate considerations with regards to home security.
You were suggesting a food source as a deterrent. There's a reason why nobody does that here in the US, it's retarded.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back