Resolved How do we link Gifs?

Try now, please. All systems should be go.
no, not for me at least.
the little row of options at the top of the post box are faintly visible but do not enhance when clicked on.
I've been able to post images using the attach files function from my downloads only.

no, not for me at least.
the little row of options at the top of the post box are faintly visible but do not enhance when clicked on.
I've been able to post images using the attach files function from my downloads only.
As a side note on your device can you see:

1bvjS7q.png

If you click that it toggles BB code off and on and should un-grey all of the other forum options.

Eureka! They lit up.
Now I'll try to post an image.
brb
hm, hit and miss tbh.
failed the first time but worked on a different image.
I'm entering the 'image address' in the link space btw.
for the 'drop image' I access my downloads.
I'll figure it out.
Thanks, fellas.

Last edited:
Here's your IMG, Yorick:

artworks-000089010852-dmqg0i-t500x500.jpg

And here are the three things you need tick (circled) when posting to successfully embed any image:

Skärmavbild 2023-12-22 kl. 12.11.28.png

@Yorick

Actually, it's the little icon next to the chain link thing.

the double screen thingy is for media, i.e. youtube etc.

but thanks for all your efforts in the entire process.

1700753590283.png

If you click that it toggles BB code off and on and should un-grey all of the other forum options.

I'm experiencing the same issue but can't see whatever picture you just posted solving it.

It works, but it's way more of a pain in the ass than before. Hopefully they can make it like it used to be, where we just copy/paste the gif.
Is there a way to do this? When I try the gif is just frozen. Like this...

1703448790906.png

Here's your IMG, Yorick:

artworks-000089010852-dmqg0i-t500x500.jpg

And here are the three things you need tick (circled) when posting to successfully embed any image:

View attachment 1019408

@Yorick
Can it be made to be like it used to be, where we don't have to go through all that? Just copy/paste like before?
Is there a way to do this? When I try the gif is just frozen. Like this...

View attachment 1019650
Me too. Every time I copy/paste a gif it's always frozen. Just shows up as a pic. I've tried the way the above post mention for gifs and sometimes it works but sometimes it doesn't.

I cant access the smilieys…

I was doing it on the new board… you just click on the 2nd group of 3 vertical dots and then the little smiley face icon that pops up right?

well when i click on the 3 vertical dots the smikey face pops up but it’s faded out and i can’t click on it to drop down the lists of smilieys…

what the fuck

I cant access the smilieys…

I was doing it on the new board… you just click on the 2nd group of 3 vertical dots and then the little smiley face icon that pops up right?

well when i click on the 3 vertical dots the smikey face pops up but it’s faded out and i can’t click on it to drop down the lists of smilieys…

what the fuck

Please check if you got the BB code icon ( [ ] ) clicked. This is the most common issue regarding grayed out/disabled icons. See photo below

GXiSpNY.png

To locate the BB code button:

Click here:

EHuLazA.png

Then see this button right here, make sure it's unclicked

0a9mvsy.png

1bvjS7q.png

Ironically, the image in this post is not displayed in your post but it appears now having been edited by someone.

Can it be made to be like it used to be, where we don't have to go through all that? Just copy/paste like before?

Me too. Every time I copy/paste a gif it's always frozen. Just shows up as a pic. I've tried the way the above post mention for gifs and sometimes it works but sometimes it doesn't.
Sorry to hear about the inconsistencies you're experiencing.

Both IMG and GIF embed are hitting 100% for me so do let me know after any adjustment period with all the changes, if things are still hit and miss for you. We don't want your experience to be like that after the some 14 years you've called this community home.

I'll in the meantime see if we can restore the previous functionality of auto-rendering IMGs from a pasted URL, saving dawgs a couple clicks. Given it's the holidays, expect some downtime on our end in looking into that, if you would.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back