*How do PEDs benefit a MMA athlete?*

I can't tell if this is a serious post or not. Different PEDs do different things.
-Endurance Enhancement - EPO, Candarine
-Strength/Muscular Endurance - Test, Tbol, the steroid list goes on and on. You also have sarms such as Ostarine, these come with the added benefit of increasing mineral bone density whereas steroids lower your collagen. Ostarine and other sarms and also great for injuriy recovery especially muscle belly injuries.
-Recovery, collagen production etc - HGH, GHRP's such as Ipam, Mk-677 (oral ghrp) I have taken, Ostarine and Mk-677 together and felt like I could train multiple times a day, it was truly incredible.
What matters is facts. The results in win/loss ratio , before and after doping are huge. Look at the charts I posted before.

I used to take creatine before, and that helped me be more explosive while sprinting, and while working out I could do way more reps. And that's just creatine you can get at Walmart for 20$. Imagine steroids

Last edited:
Steroids will make you leaner without having to eat super healthy. Lean = more explosive, faster, hit harder. Not only that but the mental edge in having super high testosterone. You'll feel more confident, focused, determined ect..

I know PEDs would improve all aspects as it gives you an edge on training, but mostly, which aspect is the one that would be on top:

a) Stamina/Gas tank

b) Strengh/Power to wrestle

c) Power/Speed for striking
it's impossible to rank them all together, because the groups of PEDs are so different.
Anabolic steroids helps with strength. EPO helps with endurance.
etc.

The most real answer here is healing speed.

Using PEDs helps you heal fast and that's very important during training. Most of these people have other jobs too, so yraining, getting sore or broken messes with these other jobs.

PEDs will heal you really fast. Allow you to keep working your other job. They will give you more days to train since you don't have injuries or your injuries heal faster. This will increase overall technique, speed and strength, because you can train all of these aspects more, without having to sit out for a rest day.

PEDs are mostly about healing and I don't get how most people don't know that by now.
oh man, all the nonsense these casuals are spitting out...the fact that they're talking about effects of PEDs as a single group. <Lmaoo>

What exactly are the health risks of most PED use?

There are all sorts of risk associated with them. Enlarged heart, weaker bones, lose your hair, get gyno (breast tissue in men), shrink your testicles and/or cause them to stop producing their own test, liver (and other organ) problems, extra hair for women, mood fluctuations, etc.

It would depend on which PED's you are taking and what training you are doing as well. If you are taking PED's but not training wrestling you arent going to all the sudden become a stud wrestler. PED's arent magic. They are performance enhancers.

Lol agreed it seems like a lot of dumb people think this. Especially online.

You have obviously not been close to roid users or used them yourself. If you are lifting weights hard, they make you way stronger just doing the exact same workout you had been doing before you started roids.! 20 pull ups turns into 35 pull ups in 3 months, a 275 bench becomes a 350 bench in 3 months, a 350 squat becomes a 415 squat in 3 months. Plus, they make you faster. Just look at all the US Olympic sprinters who have been busted and had to return medals. They make you more aggressive. You must of heard of "roid rage". If fighter 'A' is training hard and clean and fighter 'B' has the same skill set and is doing the same training but is using roids, fighter "B' wins 9 out of ten times. Just look at the UFC for crying out loud!

This! Yes I know first hand in two weeks I know my bench went from 225x10 to 245x10 and squat went from 325x5 to 365x5 without a belt.
Athleticism definitely matters. Look at guys like Yoel Romero or Brock lesnar. Recovery’s good but be honest with your self people take roofs for a lot more reasons than just recovery. Take an extra day off for f#cks sake.

What exactly are the health risks of most PED use?

For men, development of female breasts, shrinkage of testicles, lowered HPTA function, hard on liver, really depends on the roid mate.

You can't really say they will
Make you " this much stronger in three months" and what not. Steroids aren't always about strength. Of course if you're taking tren or deca you're going to get strong as fuck but this isn't bodybuilding. Most fighters are taking drugs like masteron that allow you to keep your muscle mass and strength while cutting weight at a caloric deficit. Anderson silva, Brian Ortega, Kevin Casey, etc tested positive for this one.

Yes and if those guys were smart they would have used actual testosterone and would have got something out of there roids lmao. Although to be honest they could have been taking it and just not get caught for it. You can cut much better with testosterone. Masterone is very weak but ok for aesthetics.

These guys arent getting busted for testosterone. They are getting popped with E2 blockers. Just like any drug you take, you have to take a different drug to offset the affects of the first. Pop adderol all day and you will need ambien to get to sleep. Or, maybe they simply do have vaginitus and need to tap their estrogen levels down.

Interesting but makes sense you can take test suspension and it be out without a day but yet estrogen blockers take 2-3 weeks. You have any sources of people recently being popped for AI? Just curious.

I know PEDs would improve all aspects as it gives you an edge on training, but mostly, which aspect is the one that would be on top:

a) Stamina/Gas tank

It's kinda like asking "what do vitamins help with most?"

Different vitamins do different things. Different peds do different things.

this data is interesting, but will be a lot more significant when the number of athletes is much bigger, and can be adjusted for age, sex, weightclass, etc. because the effect of age can very easily distort the picture in a small sample of individuals

Sure, the bigger the sample the better but we can already see a clear pattern forming. Plus, ask anybody who has taken PEDs at least once in his life.They will all tell you the difference in overall performce and skills is very significant to huge, depending on each individual.

It's kinda like asking "what do vitamins help with most?"

Different vitamins do different things. Different peds do different things.

The point, is it increases your performance and win/loss ratio significantly. No matter what you take, speed,stamina and overall brain functions performance go up. There is tons of science behind this, you just have to look it up.

The point, is it increases your performance and win/loss ratio significantly. No matter what you take, speed,stamina and overall brain functions performance go up. There is tons of science behind this, you just have to look it up.

No idea what you think I meant by my post to reply with this but ok.

Long time steroid abuser here btw lol.

Depends on the ped

The god of all peds for a combat athlete is testosterone,followed by epo.

They pretty much let you train harder and recover quicker .You will be more explosive and more alert and aggressive .If you are cutting weight you can use a steroid to maintain(if not increase ) your strength and stamina .

The real answer is it all depends on what PED someone is taking. They aren't all the same.

There are all sorts of risk associated with them. Enlarged heart, weaker bones, lose your hair, get gyno (breast tissue in men), shrink your testicles and/or cause them to stop producing their own test, liver (and other organ) problems, extra hair for women, mood fluctuations, etc.
Yep, many of those you listed are pretty minor. It's not worth banning steroids over gyno. It's not worth the massive civil rights intrusions of people like Jeff Novistky going through your trash and watching you pee.

Now when you bring up heart and liver issues, you have my attention. Can we quantify the risks? What degree of risk to your liver or heart is entailed in using hgh, or epo, or stanozolol? It had better be massive. If it isn't, then we need to rethink the war on PEDs, because it's going just as swimmingly as the war on drugs. In other words, it is a failure that sucks for everybody except an alphabet soup of bureaucracies like usada.

What matters is facts. The results in win/loss ratio , before and after doping are huge. Look at the charts I posted before.
I think it's hard to compare an athlete that has gone from taking peds to his results in the immediate aftermath. The problem being that when an athlete comes off peds his body will struggle to recover and his test levels will be rock bottom now the synthetic test has gone. I wish there was a way of testing a totally clean athletes performance, have him juice, but test him a couple of years further down the line after he'd been clean a period of time, to see what long term benefits there may actually be. But then you have the issue of ageing to take into consideration.

Peds and Trt effects can vary. Every system is different. Look at Mur.... roids and trt didn’t do shit for him. Now look at Vitor lmao....he turned into a fucking beast ... Trtor was something else.

Still, it might help someone a lot or a little... we will never know. Thats why there will always be a huge question mark next to the guys that got caught.

a) Stamina/Gas tank

did u not see jon jones career ??

Back