How do I get this 30 Year Old Body back to Form

O

Overtures

Back when I was 24, I trained BJJ about 3 or 4 times a week and jogged on my days off. I was slim as fuck. Now I'm 30 and my whole god damned body is breaking down. My lower back always hurts just bending over, my legs are weak as fuck, and my joints pop just getting out of bed.

I've got tiny as legs and a long torso, so it makes things a little difficult. I'm trying to get back to form and make moving a little bit easier.

What do you guys recommend?

Back when I was 24, I trained BJJ about 3 or 4 times a week and jogged on my days off. I was slim as fuck. Now I'm 30 and my whole god damned body is breaking down. My lower back always hurts just bending over, my legs are weak as fuck, and my joints pop just getting out of bed.

I've got tiny as legs and a long torso, so it makes things a little difficult. I'm trying to get back to form and make moving a little bit easier.

Go see a doctor if the injury(s) is serious. Otherwise, eat healthier, train smart, and get enough sleep. If all fails, perhaps a trip to the endocrinologist will get you back to good form.

Go see a doctor if the injury(s) is serious. Otherwise, eat healthier, train smart, and get enough sleep. If all fails, perhaps a trip to the endocrinologist will get you back to good form.

I don't think it was every a back injury. It just kind of hurts sometimes. Nothing major. I definitely need to eat healthier.

Squats. Do heavy squats.

I don't think it was every a back injury. It just kind of hurts sometimes. Nothing major. I definitely need to eat healthier.

Good. Then do some squats and deadlifts to strengthen the back.

Stop making excuses.
Eat right.
Run.
Pick heavy things up and put them back down.

No reason to feel shitty at 30, I'd go get a check up and then get your ass back out there. Might want to get your testosterone checked too.

Only thing to do......curls, brah.
Lots of curls. In the squat rack. Checking your form out.
Mirin brah.

No excuses mate. Last year when I was 30 I was 106 kg overweight. Took me less than 6 months to get down to 85. Some basic cardio and all main lifts. Good diet no booz. You just hsve to start and never stop.

I started squatting benching and doing deadlifts with the bar only to get to 100 kg in 3 months.

No excuses mate. Last year when I was 30 I was 106 kg overweight. Took me less than 6 months to get down to 85. Some basic cardio and all main lifts. Good diet no booz. You just hsve to start and never stop.

I started squatting benching and doing deadlifts with the bar only to get to 100 kg in 3 months.
Wat? No booze?

I'm 29 and stronger than I've ever been. I stopped cardio so I'm not exactly in the best shape of my life but I don't snap crackle and pop just getting out of bed.

You do realize that the physical peak of most men on average is in there early 30s lol

Im in my late 20's and i also got skinny legs but my upper body is big

Deal with the aches and pain. For 10+, I was jumping down stairs, handrails, drops, etc. on a skateboard near daily. That obviously wears on your knees and body quite a bit. I'm 34 now and have been lifting for a while, and I almost always have some sort of ache/pain going on to work around. I'm still able to lift several times a week and rarely ever completely out of commission. Ironically, others my age that lived a more sedentary and mild lifestyle in their younger days seem to have more injury issues with their body. The bottom line is that 30 isn't really that old, especially in the lifting/exercise game.

Don't water it down. The goal is to get stronger. It's a healthy goal.

Squat and squat heavy.
Adding the stipulation that it has to be heavy is watering it down. The point isn't whether you squat heavy/light, front/back, barbell/dumbbell, etc...it's that you squat.

Adding the stipulation that it has to be heavy is watering it down. The point isn't whether you squat heavy/light, front/back, barbell/dumbbell, etc...it's that you squat.
That's backwards. The idea of lifting weights at all is to get stronger, more capable, more healthy. Taking away the idea that one should push their limits, progress, and increase the weight they can lift defeats the purpose of lifting.

That's why they make barbells with plates you can add.

Here's two rules even simpler than "Squat, and squat heavy.":

1. Don't be a pussy.
2. Don't listen to people who encourage you to be a pussy.

Back