How did USADA not find this sooner?

NorrisB

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Just about the worst time this could happen. Should have had that test done stat and removed Jon Jones from the fight. DC damn near could have been killed in that fight.

The last time they caught Jones they waited something like 3 weeks to notify the UFC and removed him from the card with no time for a prepared replacement.

Lesnar popped in a test that was taken almost two weeks before the event, they had plenty of time to test it and remove him.

Now LHW is a complete mess, the champion practically was murdered in the cage and is going to be out a while.

Last edited:
Dana dropped the pill in after the weighins.

Payback for 151.

Can you imagine the scandal if DC got seriously hurt?

he got a brutal concussion in that fight.

Aside from the FACT that Jon was framed, USADA really is a joke. Honestly is anyone happy they are a thing? LOL

They've found his post-roid therapy drugs before.

Now they've caught the steroid.

They will find EPO, HGH, and many other in the future, perhaps.

USADA has done a good job with Jones. They first detected his estrogen masking agent that corrected his testosterone- estrogen ratio and now they have detected his anabolic agent- turinabol.

He was certainly cycling to avoid the test and was likely very good at it after years.

The fact they discovered metabolites demonstrates the sensitivity of their tests.

USADA is working.

I just wish it didn't take a full month to get the results back.

Jones has the money to hire steroid experts to beat usada. Only problem is this time the good guys were half a step ahead of him. Tbh Jones probably fucked up his cycle because he was distracted sandblasting some prostitutes.

USADA is next level shit. They don't test for everything, every time. Since they test so often they can systematically break you down, find clues, and point them in the right direction.

The chemists that do this work must be ecstatic. UFC is basically funding a huge science project for these guys.

I just wish it didn't take a full month to get the results back.

This is a problem but it does not seem to really be anybody else's problem but Jones. Just about every other prominent fighter is passing and he is not. I can't defend it anymore. I spent like five years defending him.

When you are dehydrated, PEDs are easier to detect.

Jones has the money to hire steroid experts to beat usada. Only problem is this time the good guys were half a step ahead of him. Tbh Jones probably fucked up his cycle because he was distracted sandblasting some prostitutes.
Savage!

Back