How did a past his prime Cro Crop beat the No. 6 ranked heavyweight boxer in the world twice?

I think that's just the case of a good style matchup, Crocop still has excellent takedown defence and has developed a good clinch game as well so is well suited for a fight like that, I could imagine him testing Blaydes a lot as well.
I agree. It's also undeniable that Cro Cop's semi final was a easier one compared to Aliakbari's, but to say that Cro Cop hasn't been fighting anyone that isn't a can it's just stupidity. It's outrageous shit. GTFO with that.

Miller's nothing special as a boxer either from what I've seen. He's not a big one punch guy nor is he fast or technically good but he's huge, relentless, and has a great chin. He gets most of his stoppages from wearing his opponent out due to his mammoth frame and constant pressure. The 3x3 minute rounds of kickboxing certainly don't suit his style. He'll get exposed in boxing when he fights somebody good or who has a big punch but he'll still be an awkward fight for anybody.

People can say it was a weak tournament but he has two wins over Jarrell Miller
Jarrell Miller, now thats is not a top class fighter isn't it. K-1 already was weak as hell back then.

In his true essence, Cro Cop was always a Kickboxer. He cant properly execute his skills without taking care of takedowns. It is a limiting factor for Standup magicians like him. Also Horsemeat tbh. It seems almost always to be the case when a fighter has success late in his career. He doesnt get tested like in the UFC. Whatever it is, im happy for him. A true legend, not only in fighting but also in his manners and spirit.

I don't agree with that at all, I think Mirko's success in MMA was partly because he wasn't your standard kickboxer depending a lot on combos and misdirection, he was always about focusing on powerful counters, the LHK, the left straight, the mid kick and even his lowkicks were often picked out one at a time and he went further in this direction in MMA.

The problem was his style was very dependant on speed/reflexs and as those declined he couldn't pick out his big counters anymore nore defend himself as well. Latter day Crocop returning to "K-1" actually reinvented himself as a very different fighter focusing more on a tight defence(allowed by the big gloves) and strong clinch work and close in boxing.

Miller's ranking is a joke, his best win is a washed Johann Duhaupas

because Jarrell Miller fucking stinks and his ranking is a hoax. He beat a decrepit Adamek and a decrepit Wach and is signed to Eddie Hearn so he's ranked super high. He's not good.

He was in the prIme of his MMA career.

No he wasn't, he already had multiple major knee and ankle injuries and surgeries. Cro Cop's MMA prime ended around the Hunt fight.

That's like saying Shogun was in his prime after he blew out his knees.

Cro Cop is just a beast man plus its two different sports.

I don't agree with that at all, I think Mirko's success in MMA was partly because he wasn't your standard kickboxer depending a lot on combos and misdirection, he was always about focusing on powerful counters, the LHK, the left straight, the mid kick and even his lowkicks were often picked out one at a time and he went further in this direction in MMA.

The problem was his style was very dependant on speed/reflexs and as those declined he couldn't pick out his big counters anymore nore defend himself as well. Latter day Crocop returning to "K-1" actually reinvented himself as a very different fighter focusing more on a tight defence(allowed by the big gloves) and strong clinch work and close in boxing.

Yeah, when Cro Cop went back to K-1 he fought more like Sergei Kharitonov than what he was like years ago before he did MMA.

Experience is a huge advantage older guys have. Should not be surprising CroCop beat him he has tremendous experience

Jarrell Miller, now thats is not a top class fighter isn't it. K-1 already was weak as hell back then.

Undefeated as a kickboxer apart from the Cro Cop fights, undefeated as a boxer. He is and was absolutely top class.

How did hisaki kato beat joe schilling twice?(one in mma, another in kickboxing)
Schilling was the #3 kickboxer in glory at the time and Kato had no kb record.

Miller's nothing special as a boxer either from what I've seen. He's not a big one punch guy nor is he fast or technically good but he's huge, relentless, and has a great chin. He gets most of his stoppages from wearing his opponent out due to his mammoth frame and constant pressure. The 3x3 minute rounds of kickboxing certainly don't suit his style. He'll get exposed in boxing when he fights somebody good or who has a big punch but he'll still be an awkward fight for anybody.

Sounds like the poor man's version of Tyson Fury.

Aliakbari is a top 3 heavyweight prospect (#2 for me) to the ones that follow HW worldwide, that win is more impressive than most of UFC top 10 best wins. Also Roque Martinez isn't a can. Do you follow any MMA outside North America? If not, shut the fuck up and leave this sub forum.

Yes leave this forum and checkout my world cup of mma.

I've broken down both aliakbari and martinez.Crocop is able to use "vitamins" in Japan helping his recovery and allowing better training.crocop has had alot of injury but has had a solid run recently.

There are indeed UFC hws Crocop could body Hw is not deep anywhere in the world.He won't win any titles but he could be successful in north america.

Aliakbari is a top 3 heavyweight prospect (#2 for me) to the ones that follow HW worldwide, that win is more impressive than most of UFC top 10 best wins. Also Roque Martinez isn't a can. Do you follow any MMA outside North America? If not, shut the fuck up and leave this sub forum.

You should get your pink belt back for this dumb ass post.

Back