How Darren Till feels about Covington

Covington is an obnoxious prick, but a decent fighter.

I find it weird that people actually seem to like his persona though.
I don't like Colby's persona at all, but I do like the reactions that he creates in the MMA bubble and on these forums.

To me, he's obviously acting and has been for a long time now, and the entertainment he provides is very akin to reading a troll thread on Sherdog filled with serious responses. In short, he provides a platform that outs all the emotionally charged simpletons out there so I can go full Nelson mode.

Picture0003.jpg

Till is one of those the nerds and born again virgins that Colby is talking about.

Too scared to call Colby out because he knows that would embarass hin in the octagon if he could at least make weight.

Needs to lay off the Tillamisu.

This is basically the rough equivalent of subtweeting. Till's a good fighter and seems earnest enough but he really needs somebody to handle his social media shit, he's really bad at it and inadvertently comes across like a gaping pussy online. Not good.

Darren Salty due to the fact that he isn't the real champ, isn't getting threesomes daily with 7's and up, isn't invited to the White House and can't make weight.

In addition to the fact that Colby would beat this Euro fraud within an inch of his life.

what is "complete wrestling"? Looks to me like whatever they've been doing is working.. Wrestling isn't just takedowns it's handfighting and digging underhooks , etc.

It is working, for sure. They win fights because UFC rules praise pushing forward and basic grappling so much. Usman and Colby dont use wrestling to inflict damage. They just hug a guy for an entire fight, mostly against the cage. Thats the only thing they can do, since both are terrible with anything not named wrestling.

Thats a difference between shitty wrestlers like them and guys that use wrestling to actually fight, like Cormier, Khabib or Gillespie.

While true, Till knows he wants NO part of Colby OR Usman.

He has openly admitted that wrestlers are his biggest challenge.
Doesn't he relish the idea of a challenge though?

That style may give him problems but he's clearly not one to shy away from any opposition.

It is working, for sure. They win fights because UFC rules praise pushing forward and basic grappling so much. Usman and Colby dont use wrestling to inflict damage. They just hug a guy for an entire fight, mostly against the cage. Thats the only thing they can do, since both are terrible with anything not named wrestling.

Thats a difference between shitty wrestlers like them and guys that use wrestling to actually fight, like Cormier, Khabib or Gillespie.
Idk why you're mentining Gillespie when he hasn't fought anything close to the comp Cov and Usman has. And Khabib has walled and stalled in plenty of fights especially the Tibau fight where he went 0/17 on takedowns and landed next to no strikes in the clinch. Colby landed 87 strikes in the clinch against RDA. Also , Khabib's opponents have shit defensive wrestling. Michael Johnson got his guard passed and submitted by Darren Elkins. Barboza can't handle pressure and gets mauled by any grappler he's faced. You have no clue what you're talking about when it comes to wrestling btw.

While true, Till knows he wants NO part of Colby OR Usman.

He has openly admitted that wrestlers are his biggest challenge.
Yeah he probably doesn't but it would be interesting to see cause I feel like till has a much larger frame and is heavier, so maybe Colby wouldn't be as effective

Colby looks like he fights close to his weight thats a true warrior Till doesnt and isnt

Those shitty wrestlers in Usman and Covington wont do shit on Darren Till. They have 0 striking and both rely on being heavier than their oponents to stall against the wall or lay and pray. That wont work against the Gorilla.
Wonderboy took Till down on his first and only takedown attempt. And the guy has what, 3 takedowns in his entire career? Lol

Idk why you're mentining Gillespie when he hasn't fought anything close to the comp Cov and Usman has. And Khabib has walled and stalled in plenty of fights especially the Tibau fight where he went 0/17 on takedowns and landed next to no strikes in the clinch. Colby landed 87 strikes in the clinch against RDA. Also , Khabib's opponents have shit defensive wrestling. Michael Johnson got his guard passed and submitted by Darren Elkins. Barboza can't handle pressure and gets mauled by any grappler he's faced. You have no clue what you're talking about when it comes to wrestling btw.
Usman and Covington do that shit to anyone. Its not about level. Its about the only thing they know how to do.

Wonderboy took Till down on his first and only takedown attempt. And the guy has what, 3 takedowns in his entire career? Lol
And he couldnt even hold him down for a second. Its sad to see so much people wanting Colby or Usman hug Till for 3 rounds.

Hey dont get me wrong. I love wrestling, but what Usman and Colby is not complete wrestling. Its just stalling and using your size to get points. Guys like Gillespie and Khabib are better examples of good mma wrestlers that want to fight and inflict damage.
what size, he's far from the biggest WWs. he cuts only a tad bit. far from a monster like till, for example

And he couldnt even hold him down for a second. Its sad to see so much people wanting Colby or Usman hug Till for 3 rounds.

Till dies of exhaustion before he sees round 3 against either.

Usman and Covington do that shit to anyone. Its not about level. Its about the only thing they know how to do.
So then all one has to do is prevent the take down, and disengage from the clinch. Sounds simple enough. Seems like your dislike should actually be towards the people who are unable stop someone from "hugging" them.

So then all one has to do is prevent the take down, and disengage from the clinch. Sounds simple enough. Seems like your dislike should actually be towards the people who are unable stop someone from "hugging" them.
It is not simple at all brother. They are really good huggers.

giphy.gif
Till telling it how it is....

I think Till would be a dangerous match up for Colby Covington honestly.

Covington is an obnoxious prick, but a decent fighter.

I find it weird that people actually seem to like his persona though.

There is humor in it but you just have to find it. The people I watch with and I think of it as "what dopey, cringey thing is he going to say" kind of thing. And we always find it so hilariously stupid he stutters and misses words on already badly written material it's actually hilarious.

It is not simple at all brother. They are really good huggers.
Actually it is that simple.

Prevent the hugging. Crying about it after the fact is only conceding that that style is superior in MMA.

Back