How Chinese Colonization Will Crash the World Economy

Space

WR GOAT
Banned
Reaction score

Cliffs:

-Rich Chinese people with hot money are buying up property around the world, causing housing prices to soar to absurd heights, pricing out regular people in their own countries from home ownership in Chinese buyers' destinations.
-Because of this laundered money, many of these homes are technically owned by the Chinese government.
-Thailand, for example, has the right protectionist model. China can't exploit loopholes there.
-China is just printing money to accomplish it's neo-colonial scheme however, and is sitting on the biggest bubble of all time, according to Chinese billionaire.
-The ultimate goal is for China's rich to get out of China after making enough dirty money or in case China, which is now running on fumes, heads into recession/depression.

The home seller is selling for dollars not yuan.

so when the yuan is exchanged for dollars the bubble would be canceled out right?

Rich Chinese are just buying safe houses to run to, in case the government decided to seize their businesses, which they can do at any time.

Hard to argue with living near Vancouver BC, and I know a lot of this is going on in Australia and New Zealand. Hard to say how widespread it is globally I guess it depends on how little protections there are in any given place.

i say let them spend their cash in other countries

Well at least they are colonizing by force like some people did. Think what that will do to world economy.

-The ultimate goal is for China's rich to get out of China after making enough dirty money or in case China, which is now running on fumes, heads into recession/depression.

The Chinese economy is running on fumes? I live in that region and it seems like mainland China is a sponge for economic activity. People in the surrounding countries and territories think China is the economic hub of Asia, and there is a lot of documented business/economic activity to back that up.

China's economy is set to grow by nearly 7% this year.

I swear the War Room is where all the world's worst economists gather to share ideas.

The Chinese economy is running on fumes? I live in that region and it seems like mainland China is a sponge for economic activity. People in the surrounding countries and territories think China is the economic hub of Asia, and there is a lot of documented business/economic activity to back that up.

That was not the general forecast until the past few days, but even then the US could soon implement Bannon-esque policies regarding China:

US launches China trade secret probe
http://www.dw.com/en/us-launches-china-trade-secret-probe/a-40156385

The top US trade negotiator has described China's industrial policies as a "very serious problem." US President Donald Trump has accused China of cheating the US economy out of "hundreds of billions of dollars."

The United States is China's second-largest trading partner following the European Union. In 2016, the US had a trade deficit with China of nearly $310 billion (268.7 billion euros).

Next Stop for the Steve Bannon Insurgency: China
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/08/us/politics/steve-bannon-china-trump.html

Stephen K. Bannon, the former chief strategist to President Trump, views China as the greatest long-term threat to the United States. “A hundred years from now, this is what they’ll remember — what we did to confront China on its rise to world domination,” he said.

Mr. Bannon is taking his insurgency abroad.

Next week, he plans to travel to Hong Kong to deliver a keynote address at an investor conference, where he will articulate his call for a much tougher American policy toward China. CLSA, the Hong Kong brokerage firm that invited Mr. Bannon, is owned by a politically connected Chinese investment bank, Citic Securities.

The meeting and speech kicks off an effort by Mr. Bannon, who served as President Trump’s chief strategist, to influence his former boss on China policy as much as he does on immigration, trade or tax policy. Given the lack of strong voices on China in the administration and the inconsistency in its approach, Mr. Bannon believes he can make a difference, though his record when he was inside the White House was mixed.

“China right now is Germany in 1930,” Mr. Bannon said. “It’s on the cusp. It could go one way or the other. The younger generation is so patriotic, almost ultranationalistic.”

Mr. Bannon’s combative views on China are no secret to those who listened to his Breitbart radio show before the election. In March 2016 he declared, “We’re going to war in the South China Sea in five to 10 years.” Last month, he told Robert Kuttner, co-founder of the left-leaning journal The American Prospect, “We’re at economic war with China” — one of a number of impolitic observations that hastened his departure from the White House.

“China’s model for the past 25 years, it’s based on investment and exports,” he said. “Who financed that? The American working class and middle class. You can’t understand Brexit or the 2016 events unless you understand that China exported their deflation, they exported their excess capacity.”

“It’s not sustainable,” Mr. Bannon declared. “The reordering of the economic relationship is the central issue that has to be addressed, and only the U.S. can address it.”

Does China have oil? I smell freedom.

They do but they have a lot of demand and are importing oil like crazy.

What this boils down to is them trying to become the world's superpower. The US can either try to stop it, or not.

When the colonization goes down will I be forced to mate with Chinese women?

If only the US economy was more like thailand.

It's happening here. Sydney Australia. All the property has been sold for insane prices to Chinese. A 900 square metre place on my street went for 4+ million. Just insanity.

I live in San Diego and it's happening here too. Drives me nuts because it's tough enough just competing with other Americans in places like this. I hope the shit stops.

Chinese are the less heard undocumented immigrants. In ny they seem to be arriving in droves.
And with plenty of cash

If i was rich in yuan i would want to spend it on tangible assets abroad too.

Not much more to it than that.

Its also helped make Aussies some of the richest people in the world both mean and median.

It's happening here. Sydney Australia. All the property has been sold for insane prices to Chinese. A 900 square metre place on my street went for 4+ million. Just insanity.

Its turned.

Capital restrictions in china, increased stamp duty, local lenders being extremely strict on Chinese income verification.
Add to that a high dollar and Aussie property has increased over 30% for Chinese investors in the past year.

Back