How can you sell punk as a badazz? How do you have punk hang with Lesnar?

Pro wrestling fans who can admit it is fake will have no trouble. The subhuman form of WWE fan might be breaking down right now because their fake hero got wrecked by a total pudball.

The subhuman form? That's a better description of UFC fans than WWE fans. People who pay their hard earned money to watch a sport where the objective is to hurt your opponent so badly that the the contest comes to an end when one guy quits, gets knocked out, is bleeding too badly to continue, or it goes to the time limit. WWE fans are mostly children and that's the demographic it's been aimed at ever since going to the PG rating and adopting a no blood, no scantily clad women, no foul language policy.

Even though it's been aimed at children ever since they adopted all those rules to water down the TV show and make it suitable for children to watch, they still must have some adult fans. I don't know what the reasoning is behind watching for an adult since WWE makes no effort to present it as a sport and treats "wrestling" as a dirty word. Maybe to able to enjoy WWE requires someone's I.Q. to be fairly low. I'm not sure about that. Even if it does, it's still preferable to being subhuman.

I used to like pro wrestling but the last pro wrestling I liked was ECW which ended in 2001 and had nothing or almost nothing in common with today's WWE. ECW was not meant for children to watch and was a promotion that specifically went after a more mature demographic. It literally was an extreme form of pro wrestling. Today's WWE is something that Vince McMahon vehemently insists isn't even pro wrestling at all and so he refuses to refer to his entertainers as "wrestlers." Whatever the reasoning someone may have for watching something as far removed from pro wrestling as WWE today is, they're certainly not watching to see people hurt each other on purpose as UFC fans watch that product to see. They even show women beating each other up now. That's about as tasteless as it gets. They'll show whatever they think will make them more money.

Simple answer: You don't.

We all know Phil Brooks sucks. CM Punk on the other hand has super powers and is a bad ass.

Punk has said he has absolutely no interest in wrestling anymore. He can’t even watch it. That goes for WWE and all other wrestling organizations.

As for money, punk made good ass money when he did wrestle, and apparently has been very wise with his spending, so I doubt he’s hurting for cash, or will be any time soon. AJ is still making dollars too so if he needs to he can mooch off her lol.

Tho I’d like to see punk do commentary somewhere. He’s a very good speaker and I enjoyed him while he did commentary in the WWE.

They could always just have him come back as CM Punk the wrestler. He's good enough at promos and working matches that folks will be onboard. There will always be trolls, but I feel like they would be minimal in the audience. As others have said, if he delivers, people will welcome his return. Besides, look how they are handling Rousey, she got KTFO in her last 2 fights, broke down, had no prior pro wrestling experience, can't cut a promo, and yet people are onboard with her for some reason

He'd do a lot of weasel Punk stuff.

Brock got his ass kicked a couple of times and people still buy the beast hype.

They could always just have him come back as CM Punk the wrestler. He's good enough at promos and working matches that folks will be onboard. There will always be trolls, but I feel like they would be minimal in the audience. As others have said, if he delivers, people will welcome his return. Besides, look how they are handling Rousey, she got KTFO in her last 2 fights, broke down, had no prior pro wrestling experience, can't cut a promo, and yet people are onboard with her for some reason
Rousey Successfuly defended her title 6 times and is an Olympic medalist. Bad comparison.

CM Punk goes to Rizin. That mma organization has biased matchmaking. He fights a few bums there and regains some of his "badass" status.

CM Punk goes to Rizin. That mma organization has biased matchmaking. He fights a few bums there and regains some of his "badass" status.
Yes but who could he actually beat? I mean... A random salaryman?

Rousey Successfuly defended her title 6 times and is an Olympic medalist. Bad comparison.
and Punk already has a reputation has one of the top pro wrestlers in the world. The point is you sell different people different ways.

Reputation for a worked environment?

That'd be like thinking Vin Diesel could walk in and be a champion.

In wrestling bad blood carries over forever. He has directly insulted HHH in a humiliating public fashion and he will never be able to make peace with the man. They may have destroyed their physician's livelihood and embarrassed their company eternally just to suck a couple of legal fees out of him in a lawsuit. Ryback can't appear on a muscle fitness magazine but HHH can advertise his UFC matches out of spite.

To put it like this Bruno Sammartino didn't make the WWE HOF until 2013 despite most oldtimers being dead, them having no huge names, and him pushing 80 years old based on a minor dispute over creative in the mid 80's. Randy Savage (the second biggest name in one of the two biggest eras) didn't get in until four years after his death for very personal reasons. Tito Santana and Greg "the Hammer" Valentine, just as a side note, were inducted in 2004 which was eleven years earlier.

Unless Steph gets a divorce we won't be seeing him.

If anything is for certain, Vince will welcome him back with open arms. The laundry list of talent that left WWE on horrible terms that has been allowed to come back with no issues is long. Vince forgives all when he sees money.

Back