How American Christianity has failed

God made you. Your life will end at some point whether you like it or not. You can complain about God, ignore him or you can know him through a relationship with Jesus Christ.

You made god. Your life is already over because of your brainwashing. I have no relationship with a myth.

Christ died on a cross for you and I. This was the ultimate of sacrificial love.
Nope. Even using the myth as it stands. An immortal being dying should not even be possible.

Then you just debunked your last post about God killing everyone.

I did not. I'm showing that the bible is a document of man's atrocities attributed to gods and devils. Get with the program son. The construct of gods is a man made construct as well.

Kick people out that are different from you is in there somewhere

TS.
I'm a follower of Jesus and I understand a lot of what you're saying. That being said.
I'm FOR bringing in the tired, hungry, poor, huddled masses, yearning to breathe free.
As far as homosexuality goes, do I think it's a sin? Yes, the Bible says so. Am I here to judge anyone or curse them? Absolutely not. I'm not going to ram my beliefs down your throat. You can judge my faith by how I live my life and how I treat people.

Case in point, my friend is transsexual and asked me to stand by him during his wedding. I said absolutely. My friend is my friend no matter what.

Has American Christianity failed? Absolutely not.
Have some American Christians failed? Absolutely. But we're human, that'll happen. Don't be upset because some people made (IMHO) a bad choice. Get up and do something that'll help FIX the situation.

I am not a Christian..

ButI will say you are a good man even though we may disagree on most issues.

But hey after you mentioned homosexuality you said you wont ram things down peoples throats makes sense as fellatio is forbiden

I did not. I'm showing that the bible is a document of man's atrocities attributed to gods and devils. Get with the program son. The construct of gods is a man made construct as well.
If it wasn't inspired by God, how did the Bible know the earth wasn't flat at a time when this was accepted as fact?

Isaiah 40:22 states that God “sits above the circle of the earth.”

TS.
I'm a follower of Jesus and I understand a lot of what you're saying. That being said.
I'm FOR bringing in the tired, hungry, poor, huddled masses, yearning to breathe free.
As far as homosexuality goes, do I think it's a sin? Yes, the Bible says so

What about these though?

691800fba76bbf8dd3fabc0adb5675e5.jpg

If it wasn't inspired by God, how did the Bible know the earth wasn't flat at a time when this was accepted as fact?

Isaiah 40:22 states that God “sits above the circle of the earth.”

Keep moving the goal posts and one day you'll educate yourself that the bible is nearly worthless.

Keep moving the goal posts and one day you'll educate yourself that the bible is nearly worthless.
I don't believe this is so. The book is supported consistently by other historical texts and history cannot disprove Biblical events. It is the only religious book that archaeologists use for knowledge on excavation sites. Not to mention Old Testament prophecies that have come to pass by historical record. At the end of this it takes faith to be an atheist just like it takes faith to be Christian. After much study, I have to go with the latter.

I am not a Christian..

ButI will say you are a good man even though we may disagree on most issues.

But hey after you mentioned homosexuality you said you wont ram things down peoples throats makes sense as fellatio is forbiden

If I ever said I was a good man, it was an leviathan sized mistake. If anything, I'm the undisputed heavyweight king of sinners.

Oh and....

i-see-what-you-did-there.jpg

I don't believe this is so.

You're entitled to that belief.

The book is supported consistently by other historical texts and history cannot disprove Biblical events.

False equivalence.

It is the only religious book that archaeologists use for knowledge on excavation sites.

Not a single credible archaeologist using any book for such purposes. Your argument is vapid.

Not to mention Old Testament prophecies that have come to pass by historical record.

Not only has there been 0 prophecies transpired from the old testament there has never been a single instance of prognostication from any book at any time in history.

At the end of this it takes faith to be an atheist just like it takes faith to be Christian. After much study, I have to go with the latter.

Atheism is the rejection of belief. No faith required only reason.

What about these though?

691800fba76bbf8dd3fabc0adb5675e5.jpg

I'm NOT saying ignore this^ But Jesus is the fulfillment of the New Covenant with God.

When the OT (Old Testament) was written, man (and this is what I"VE learned on my faith-walk) was unruly and stone's throw from being animals themselves. Think of a child. Sometimes you need to lay down tough rules to raise a child correctly. That was done in the OT.

The NT (New Testament) Via the New Covenant was the fulfillment of the OT through Christ Jesus.

Now if you want, I can counter your points one-by-one, but you'll be getting my Biblical interpretation of those. Let me know.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back