How about Vyacheslav Vasilevsky in Bellator?

trustno1

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Watching Alexander Shlemenko dispatching Kendall Grove, I thought that Bellator would enrich their middleweight division by signing guys like Vasilevsky. I watched his fights with Shlemenko in M-1 (Alexander was competing there while he was serving his suspension for elevated testosterone levels, but he was allowed to fight in Russia).

Vasilevsky lost both fights, but he was very competitive. The first one was a split decision in a closely contested fight. The second - he lost via guillotine choke in the third round, but from what I remember he was dominating quite a bit and might have won the decision had they gone the distance.

What do you think?

IMO Storm beat Slava convincently the two times. Besides that, yeah Slava is a good fighter but I think he would lose against Kato, Manhoef and Carvalho
I'm looking forward to see Emeev vs Tokov though, I think the winner of that fight could be a strong contender in Bellator (too bad Storm vs Emeev didn't happened)

Vasilevsky will fight Albert Duraev for the ACB middle weight title in december

he already fought in bellator... although imo he arguably beat falcao.

Well any MW would be good for Bellator right now... they desperately need depth for that division its like a puddle

Shlemenko was getting bested in there second fight convincingly until that guillotine, hopefully slava can pick up a few more skills and I think he matched up well with manhoef and Kati and carvalho

Back