How about this one

clivers

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
My girl broke up with me about 4-5 days ago we've been on and off for about 4 years now but i've known her about 10 or so. She has a son who was 4 months when we got together, the dad wanted nothing to do with him so I raised him as my own doing my best to be there for him.

Anyway to cut the long story short my ex's son accidently videocalled me on messenger last night. When I answered there was a guy in bed behind him. He asked who the hells that? Hi i'm his Dad nice to mee you.

He's always excited when we video call shouting Dom dom it's dom! and then taking the phone to his mum excitedly to show who's on video call who was in the other room getting changed for a bath, she saw me looked shocked and hung up immedietly.

Your woman is a whore and you have made a terrible mistake getting emotionally involved with a kid thats not yours.

Disconnect immediately and entirely

Your woman is a whore and you have made a terrible mistake getting emotionally involved with a kid thats not yours.

Disconnect immediately and entirely

If only it's that easy to decide to start or stop having affection for someone.

Shitty situation for sure, but she sounds like a pretty shite mom if she's letting the kid call you still
I get that you have basically been this kid's father for the past few years, but he's still really young, he's not related to you by blood, and the mother has moved on and seems to have no interest in keeping any connection. So prolonging a relationship doesn't do you, or the kid any good.

I know need to move on now it wasnt the best relationship in the first place but you know how it is when you've been with someone so long its like coming off a life support machine. she said I can still see the son and though I know it may be best to just leave it now I'm not sure I can do. life throws some shit sometimes.

So your ex probably had this other relationship ready to go when yours ended, which is shitty, but understandable from an evolutionary point of view.

Re the boy, do you want to keep a relationship with him? You could be another role model for the kid. If you're not interested then you have little to offer but if you are, you could be another foundation for him to build upon.

I know need to move on now it wasnt the best relationship in the first place but you know how it is when you've been with someone so long its like coming off a life support machine. she said I can still see the son and though I know it may be best to just leave it now I'm not sure I can do. life throws some shit sometimes.
The kid clearly still needs you.
Be a father figure remotely, someone he can come to when he needs support. He doesn't want to lose what you provide yet.

When I answered there was a guy in bed behind him. He asked who the hells that? Hi i'm his Dad nice to mee you.
Can u clarify a bit in this part?

The guy in bed said he's the kids father?
Is it really him?
Don't you know what the kids father looks like?

Can u clarify a bit in this part?

The guy in bed said he's the kids father?
Is it really him?
Don't you know what the kids father looks like?

When i answered the call the guy in bed was like who the hell is that? Probably surprised from my exs sons reaction to me since she wouldnt have mentioned me to him. So i replied hi ive been his dad the past 4 years

she said I can still see the son

I bet she did. I bet she says you can still spend your money on him too, and take him out and shit so she can have some adult time with the other guy.

You need to be careful here. REALLY careful. Non biological "fathers" can be ordered to pay child support for someone else's kid on the grounds that they have assumed parental responsibilities. (your state law may vary)

How would you feel if you're not able to financially support your biological children in the future as well as you would like to, because of this?

It's rough, but I would advise you strongly to stop referring to yourself as this kids dad.

At the very least I would look into the family law situation in your state to protect yourself and by extension any future children of your own you may have.

Last edited:
She has been banging this guy for awhile.

I'd cut ties entirely, not your kid.

I realize this is easier said than done, but it's the best thing for you... good luck

I knew before i got with her she was trouble but i always had a crush on her. She convinced me having a child changed her. Obviously not

Thanks for the support guys

You seem to be a good person, God bless you for taking care of that kid. But the bitter truth is that you should never involve yourself with a woman like that. She's looking for a guy who will fill the role of a father, because the one she really wanted didn't want to. You deserve better.

The allways classy English girls... cut ties immediatly.
As for the kid, if you invest in him you´ll end up having to deal with awkward situations when theres really no necessity for it, so in your shoes, i wouldnt.
Good luck

So she has another dude in bed around her kid, 4-5 days after breaking up with you? Classy lady and great role model for her kid. She is a piece of shit, move on.

Oldboy her son to his mom.
What?

The funny part is if he hadnt accidently called me then id still be begging for her back and she would be leading me along for god knows how long. It fucked her plans up completely.

It wasn't an accident...kids are craftier than we give them credit for.

Back