How About Tatiana Suarez vs Gadelha/Ansaroff Winner?

ArtemV

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I would prefer this fight over the JJ fight for Suarez - but not that I think that Suarez couldn't beat JJ.

I would simply prefer this fight for more experience. Gadelha is a tricky match-up for her, Gadelha doesn't have great striking, but she has power. Her grappling is what makes this tricky. She probably isn't good from bottom position (like the majority of fighters except Maia), but she excels when on top and beating you up. This would be a big test for Suarez - a test that I am confident she would pass, and would also give her top 5 experience.

I think Joanna Jedrzejczyk provides her with the toughest challenge at 115, she has smooth striking (albeit, smooth with not a lot of power; more of a volume striker) with nice footwork. and excellent defensive grappling and wrestling. I see Gadelha as more of a stepping stone to Suarez's evolution as a fighter. I give Suarez a chance at beating Jedrzejczyk right now, but would give her an even bigger chance with a bigger name like Gadelha.

Cliffs:
Good experience for Suarez
Gadelha is a reasonably tough match-up for her (unlike Esparza)
Gadelha has fought JJ twice and has mostly always been a top 5 opponent
Fighting Gadelha gives Suarez more time to improve

You will notice that I have not once, mentioned Ansaroff. This is because I think Gadelha will just bully her and possibly submit her.

Suarez vs Ansaroff... would just murder Ansaroff - it would not be close. Nunes would cry imo.

Thoughts?

Oh my god. That's too much WMMA in one post for the forum engine... its gonna crash. We need to evacuate

I would like they start making their own wmma dedicated events.
Gadelha should fight Mr. Andrade , they have similar style and physical characteristics

Sure why not

It's either that or Joanna and that presents the possibility of killing off a contender for a woman who isn't getting a title shot anytime soon

Either Gadelha or JJ would be good but hopefully JJ fights Valentina at 125 so this becomes the logical option.

Gadelha should fight Mr. Andrade , they have similar style and physical characteristics

Man where you been? They fought already and Jessica manhandled Claudia

usa_today_10298799.jpg
giphy.gif

I'm ok with this match up! I would like to see Claudia beat Ansaroff because Tatiana would destroy Ansaroff and everyone knows it. Claudia on the other hand could pose some threats to Tatiana due to the fact she has a pretty well rounded game. I still don't think that will be enough to beat Tatiana though.. I see this fight going similarly to the Esparza fight tbh. Tatiana is a beast and I remember her kicking this shit out of dudes in my weight class in high school, but thankfully I never had to wrestle her lol

Saure, vs andrade.. see how andrade does with a non roider who is imposing.

Nobody is going to willingly sign to fight this chick....

They're going to have to be enticed to fight her. She is going to completely dominate everyone she fights. Everyone in this division.

She did. It was not fun for her.

If Gadelha wins than it makes sense because Gadelha can get very dangerous in the beginning. Otherwise she should fight JJ or be next the fight Andrade vs Rose(if that happens)

Andrade should be fighting for the title

Dont see rose fighting soon enough and honestly they both deserve it saurez looks more impressive andrade just looks roided and wild

Basically i want saurez to derail andrade cus shes obviiously a juice up brazilian

Dont see rose fighting soon enough and honestly they both deserve it saurez looks more impressive andrade just looks roided and wild

Basically i want saurez to derail andrade cus shes obviiously a juice up brazilian
The only person to beat Andrade is JJ who isn't fighting for a title for a while. Andrade is the obvious number 1 contender and it really isn't close. She's one of the few wmma fighters really worth watching.

Suarez is the uncrowned champ. The question is who deserves to fight her.

Back