Law House passes antisemitism bill that will target free speech and criticism of Israel

What's going on on the left is that there is a good mix of antisemitic nuts among the protest movement, and a lot of the mainstream left is trying to police the coalition boundaries by signaling opposition to that. That's a good goal. The mainstream right hasn't done that to the same extent (and is trying to play up the interfactional conflict on the left), and the antisemitic right is comfortably part of the broader coalition as a result. But when even people who voted for the bill are calling it out as bullshit, I think there's no chance at all of it actually passing.

I think really following what is going on here requires a level of attention that most sane people just don't want to pay to politics. But the upshot is that it's nothing that really matters.

And yeah, Evangelicalism is an absolute cancer on the planet.
I can't tell if this is naivete, or simply blind establishment left MSNBC/CNN bias. The establishment left is trying to stifle descent on the question of Israel and an anti-semitism moral panic is a useful cudgel toward that end. The protests had been almost entirely peaceful and the purported antisemitic nature of the chants both overblown and misrepresented. "From the river to the sea" being a perfect example. Establishment Dems are terrified of being branded as the anti-Israel party by AIPAC and major donors. AIPAC is spending upwards of $100M this election cycle to unseat anyone who's remotely voiced even the slightest opposition to Israel's conduct in Gaza. So it's not about "policing" anyone, it's about signaling to the pro-Israel special interest groups.

Last edited:
I can't tell if this is naivete, or simply blind establishment left MSNBC/CNN bias.
This opening suggests a mind that is closed shut. No point in trying to communicate with fanatics.

You should know this level of satire will never be appreciated by the Sherdog WR.

Also, his affiliation doesn't mean his claim was wrong. Hitler could have stated "Water is wet.", and it would still be true.
The statement is silly also. But it's very interesting how popular it is in certain circles.

Nice duck lol
"The only possible reason anyone would disagree with the position that my group holds is (personal attacks)" is not something that a person seriously interested in understanding an issue would say. I correctly noted that you're a brick wall with no ability to have a good-faith discussion. Why would a serious person want to engage with someone like you?

"The only possible reason anyone would disagree with the position that my group holds is (personal attacks)" is not something that a person seriously interested in understanding an issue would say. I correctly noted that you're a brick wall with no ability to have a good-faith discussion.
Nice strawman, i didn't say it was the "only possible reason" we'd disagree, i merely gave an observation as to why i think you would write something so blatantly wrong. You could've availed yourself of that opportunity to counter my point but you decided to get all sensitive and pretend i personally attacked you lol. Imagine being so sensitive that you think implying that you might be biased or naive is a personal attack, yikes.

Nice strawman, i didn't say it was the "only possible reason" we'd disagree, i merely gave an observation as to why i think you would write something so blatantly wrong. You could've availed yourself of that opportunity to counter my point but you decided to get all sensitive and pretend i personally attacked you LOL. Imagine thinking that someone implying that you might be biased or naive is a personal attack smh.

Dont get sucked into his trolling.
AIPAC is spending upwards of $100M this election cycle to unseat anyone who's remotely voiced even the slightest opposition to Israel's conduct in Gaza.
Jack thinks money has no power in politics so you’re going to get nowhere with this argument

Nice strawman, i didn't say it was the "only possible reason" we'd disagree,
That was clearly signaled from the start. You feel utterly certain of your position and that childish personal attacks are the appropriate response to disagreement. That's fine. Lots of people just come here to virtually yell at people they see as not being in their tribe. But it's not interesting to a more thoughtful person.

Dont get sucked into his trolling.

Jack thinks money has no power in politics so you’re going to get nowhere with this argument
I'm not getting sucked into his trolling is the thing. But the fact that a person of your caliber is defending him says it all.

It says quoting the bible is antisemitic.
I have not even glanced at the link but I'd take a guess they mean using biblical text to insinuate or perpetuate antisemitism is not allowed.

I have not even glanced at the link but I'd take a guess they mean using biblical text to insinuate or perpetuate antisemitism is not allowed.
I believe the idea there is referencing the whole" Jesus was crucified by the Jewish leadership, Pilate was just the means to get it done." thing. Although in this day and age to use that as a means to stir up antisemitic hatred is kinda laughable. However, some Jews may find it offensive I guess.

I believe the idea there is referencing the whole" Jesus was crucified by the Jewish leadership, Pilate was just the means to get it done." thing. Although in this day and age to use that as a means to stir up antisemitic hatred is kinda laughable. However, some Jews may find it offensive I guess.
well bible quotes:

So when Pilate saw that he was gaining nothing, but rather that a riot was beginning, he took water and washed his hands before the crowd, saying, "I am innocent of this man's blood; see to it yourselves." And all the people answered, "His blood be on us and on our children!"[9]

So, because Jesus was doing these things on the Sabbath, the Jews began to persecute him. In his defense Jesus said to them, "My father is always at his work to this very day, and I too am working." For this reason they tried all the more to kill him; not only was he breaking the Sabbath, but he was even calling God his own Father, making himself equal with God.[12]

For you, brethren, became imitators of the churches of God in Christ Jesus which are in Judea; for you suffered the same things from your own countrymen as they did from the Jews, who killed both the Lord Jesus and the prophets, and drove us out, and displease God and oppose all men.[28]

Funny how whites have been targeted in college universities for well over a decade now and no one did anything. But now that it impacts Jews, we move heaven and earth, even going as far as to bend the Constitution for them. Who exactly holds more power in this country I wonder, the white majority or 2 percent of the population?

I'm not getting sucked into his trolling is the thing. But the fact that a person of your caliber is defending him says it all.
Imagine being so thin skinned that the inclination that you’re naive or biased sends you into a tantrum

Last edited:
That was clearly signaled from the start. You feel utterly certain of your position and that childish personal attacks are the appropriate response to disagreement. That's fine. Lots of people just come here to virtually yell at people they see as not being in their tribe. But it's not interesting to a more thoughtful person.
Sir, this is Sherdog not a state dinner at the white house, calling you naive isn't a personal attack lol. Beyond absurd

Imagine being so thin skinned that the inclination that you’re naive or biased sends you into a tantrum
Not a tantrum. I took the time to educate the guy about something he apparently doesn't follow too closely, and his response was a childish personal attack. I just said I'm not interested in discussing things with someone who acts like that. What would the point be?
Sir, this is Sherdog not a state dinner at the white house, calling you naive isn't a personal attack lol. Beyond absurd
And now you're denying you did what you did. OK. Like I said, if your think is just coming online to vent at people who aren't in your tribe like Rob likes to do, whatever. If you really want to understand what's going on, I explained it to you.

I gave substantive arguments (which you ducked) and you accused me of personally attacking you. Who's the one trolling?
You responded to an explanation with a childish personal attack. You're the one trolling.

well bible quotes:

So when Pilate saw that he was gaining nothing, but rather that a riot was beginning, he took water and washed his hands before the crowd, saying, "I am innocent of this man's blood; see to it yourselves." And all the people answered, "His blood be on us and on our children!"[9]

So, because Jesus was doing these things on the Sabbath, the Jews began to persecute him. In his defense Jesus said to them, "My father is always at his work to this very day, and I too am working." For this reason they tried all the more to kill him; not only was he breaking the Sabbath, but he was even calling God his own Father, making himself equal with God.[12]

For you, brethren, became imitators of the churches of God in Christ Jesus which are in Judea; for you suffered the same things from your own countrymen as they did from the Jews, who killed both the Lord Jesus and the prophets, and drove us out, and displease God and oppose all men.[28]
239.jpg

Back