Law House passes antisemitism bill that will target free speech and criticism of Israel

Mods gonna be conducting citizen arrests in the War Room now

Beyond the Banhammer: Behind Bars

And people were questioning who was funding the protesters (most of them aren't students at the colleges) and why.

You are free to critize the United States and any other country except Israel. The ADL and AIPAC can't be called out for having more loyalty to Israel than the United States of America.

"We're mostly frustrated about the fact that it's a bunch of bullshit that's never going to go anywhere in the Senate, and here we are wasting time and energy," said a House Democrat who voted for the bill.

<{jackyeah}>

Lumbering Senate, baby. Let's Go. Stall & Kill This.

Bleeding heart treehugger here. Which fuckin asshole rep said this? Need to know if I need to primary fools.

Trump was a symptom of how nihilistic and authoritarian the coalition already was rather than a cause of it.
That’s my point buddy, when half the country is so nihilistic & authoritarian I don’t think you’re in a position to prognosticate how political positions evolve. You’re playing with fire here, that’s why Bills like this should be unanimously voted down on principle. Part of what enabled Trump is the arrogance of the neo-liberal class who thought they could play politics and still stay safe because our systems would control any authoritian impulses. We even had many Dems engineering to help Trump win the GOP primaries on the calculus that he’d be easier to beat. It’s stupid and arrogant.

Last edited:
That’s my point buddy, when half the country is so nihilistic & authoritarian I don’t think you’re in a position to prognosticate how political positions evolve. You’re playing with fire here, that’s why Bills like this should be unanimously voted down on principle. Part of what enabled Trump is the arrogance of the neo-liberal class who thought they could play politics and still stay safe because our systems would control any authoritian impulses. We even had many Dems engineering to help Trump win the GOP primaries on the calculus that he’d be easier to beat. It’s stupid and arrogant.
OK. I think you're too dug in here, and there's a lot of background beliefs that I think are wrong that are informing your thinking.

I think you're missing that this is not going to become law. From beginning to end all aspects of it on both sides are about communication. You got played.
I get it that the democrats, and possibly some Republicans, that voted in favor of the bill know that it will not become law and they only did it so they can keep getting elected.
However it's very concerning that so many congressmen need to support a foreign entity, even if it means going against the spirit of the constitution and the right of free speech of American citizens, in order to get elected.
I also understand that it may not, in very strict terms, not violate the 1st but it certainly goes against its idea.

I get it that the democrats, and possibly some Republicans, that voted in favor of the bill know that it will not become law and they only did it so they can keep getting elected.
However it's very concerning that so many congressmen need to support a foreign entity, even if it means going against the spirit of the constitution and the right of free speech of American citizens, in order to get elected.
I also understand that it may not, in very strict terms, not violate the 1st but it certainly goes against its idea.
Well, that's the thing. If you discount the story for all the caveats in your mental accounting, you end up concluding that it's meaningless. That is, it's not going to be law; different factions have different motivations for their vote; it's only kind of potentially abused rather than an actual attack on freedom of speech; if it were to be abused, it might not survive court challenges; etc. It's just not something to get worked up about, and it certainly doesn't actually mean that Israel controls us or something. I think that the tendency of political extremists (on both sides, though this is actually something more of an issue on the left) to catastrophize is an obstacle to a real understanding of the world for them.

That’s my point buddy, when half the country is so nihilistic & authoritarian I don’t think you’re in a position to prognosticate how political positions evolve.
That seems self-contradictory. If you've determined that there's such-and-such amount of nihilism and authoritarianism you have prognosticated the evolution of political positions in effect. Why is there a hard break in when you can and cannot prognosticate based on those two factors?

That seems self-contradictory. If you've determined that there's such-and-such amount of nihilism and authoritarianism you have prognosticated the evolution of political positions in effect. Why is there a hard break in when you can and cannot prognosticate based on those two factors?
What I was saying there was just that the "pushing the Overton Window" model isn't accurate. And, yeah, whether my claim was true or not is a matter of observation and not something that gets dismissed because a lot of people have bad opinions.

But I find that when people are in "the time for reflection has passed" mode, it's not going to be possible to have further productive discussion (in my view, productive discussion is inherently about reflecting).

The bill does not restrict free speech. It criminalizes discrimination and harassment against Jewish people.

Do you reflexively defend anything Israel? You're the biggest non-Jewish Israeli cuck I've ever seen.

Even Ben Shapiro says this is a clear violation of free speech.

“To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize.”

I never said i could prognosticate, my point is chances shouldn't be taken on core principle such as 1st A.

Do you reflexively defend anything Israel? You're the biggest non-Jewish Israeli cuck I've ever seen.

Even Ben Shapiro says this is a clear violation of free speech.

Read the fucking bill, dumbfuck. It doesn't criminalize quoting parts of the Bible or making anti-semitic statements or stating conspiracy theories. What it does criminalize, however, is discrimination against Jews by using these tropes as the reason. Furthermore, this is chiefly about anti-semitism, not anti-Israel speech.

"Oh look! Even Ben Shapiro is against it!" Eat a dick and learn how to read.

This whole fucking brouhaha about the bill is just a big juicy nothingburger.

I never said i could prognosticate, my point is chances shouldn't be taken on core principle such as 1st A.
And I'm saying you in effect have with that statement, even if you didn't mean to.

Read the fucking bill, dumbfuck. It doesn't criminalize quoting parts of the Bible or making anti-semitic statements or stating conspiracy theories. What it does criminalize, however, is discrimination against Jews by using these tropes as the reason. Furthermore, this is chiefly about anti-semitism, not anti-Israel speech.

"Oh look! Even Ben Shapiro is against it!" Eat a dick and learn how to read.

This whole fucking brouhaha about the bill is just a big juicy nothingburger.

Lol biggest cuck ever. News flash, even the KKK is allowed to use racist tropes. It's called free speech.

The bill is a clear violation of free speech. You keep espousing how you're so patriotic and pro-American, but are immediately willing to throw away one of the founding principles of being American to cuck for Israel.

The bill mandates that the Department of Education use the International Holocaust Remembrance Alliance’s definition of antisemitism in enforcing anti-discrimination rules. Part of that definition includes “denying the Jewish people their right to self-determination, e.g., by claiming that the existence of a State of Israel is a racist endeavor,”

So you're legally not allowed to claim Israel is is being racist.

Last edited:
Lol biggest cuck ever. News flash, even the KKK is allowed to use racist tropes. It's called free speech.

The bill is a clear violation of free speech. You keep espousing how you're so patriotic and pro-American, but are immediately willing to throw away one of the founding principles of being American to cuck for Israel.

The bill mandates that the Department of Education use the International Holocaust Remembrance Alliance’s definition of antisemitism in enforcing anti-discrimination rules. Part of that definition includes “denying the Jewish people their right to self-determination, e.g., by claiming that the existence of a State of Israel is a racist endeavor,”
So you're legally not allowed to claim Israel is not is being racist.

Here you go again, displaying your dumbass lack of reading skills. Read the previous post. Did I say the bill is against ANTI-SEMITIC SPEECH? No. I said it criminalizes DISCRIMINATION against Jews with anti-semitic tropes as its basis.

Israel shuts down local Al Jazeera offices in ‘dark day for the media’​

Foreign Press Association decries move under new law based on claim network is a threat to national security

Israeli authorities shut down the local offices of Al Jazeera on Sunday, hours after a government vote to use new laws to close the satellite news network’s operations in the country.

Critics called the move, which comes as faltering indirect ceasefire negotiations between Israel and Hamas continue, a “dark day for the media” and raised new concerns about the attitude to free speech of Benjamin Netanyahu’s hardline government.

Israeli officials said the move was justified because Al Jazeera was a threat to national security. “The incitement channel Al Jazeera will be closed in Israel,” the country’s prime minister posted on social media after the unanimous cabinet vote.

A government statement said Israel’s communications minister had signed orders to act immediately to close al Jazeera’s offices in Israel, confiscate broadcast equipment, cut the channel off from cable and satellite companies and block its websites.

The network, which is funded by Qatar, has been critical of Israel’s military operation in Gaza, from where it has reported around the clock throughout the seven-month war.

Al Jazeera said the accusation that it threatened Israeli security was a “dangerous and ridiculous lie” that put its journalists at risk.

“Al Jazeera Media Network strongly condemns and denounces this criminal act that violates human rights and the basic right to access of information,” the company said in a statement. “Al Jazeera affirms its right to continue to provide news and information to its global audiences.”

A pre-recorded “final report” listing the restrictions placed on the network by a reporter in Jerusalem was broadcast on the network after the ban came into effect.

Al Jazeera has previously accused the Israeli authorities of deliberately targeting several of its journalists, including Samer Abu Daqqa and Hamza Al-Dahdouh, both killed in Gaza during the conflict. Israel has rejected the charge and says it does not target journalists.

The office of the UN high commissioner for human rights also criticised the move. “We regret cabinet decision to close Al Jazeera in Israel,” it said on X. “A free & independent media is essential to ensuring transparency & accountability. Now, even more so given tight restrictions on reporting from Gaza. Freedom of expression is a key human right. We urge govt to overturn ban.”

Israel’s parliament ratified a law last month that allows for the temporary closure of foreign broadcasters considered a threat to national security.

The law allows Netanyahu and his security cabinet to shut Al Jazeera’s offices in Israel for 45 days, a period that can be renewed, so it could stay in force until the end of July or until the end of major military operations in Gaza.

While including on-the-ground reporting of the war’s casualties, Al Jazeera’s Arabic-language service often publishes verbatim video statements from Hamas and other militant groups in the region, drawing sharp criticism from Israeli officials.

A campaign of judicial reform led last year by Netanyahu’s coalition government, the most rightwing in Israel’s history, prompted great opposition and accusations of authoritarianism. Recent crackdowns on protesters against the Gaza war in Israel have also raised new concerns for free speech.

The Foreign Press Association, a NGO representing journalists working for international news organisations reporting from Israel, the West Bank and Gaza accused Israel of joining a “dubious club of authoritarian governments”.

“This is a dark day for the media. This is a dark day for democracy,” it said in a statement.

There was also some political opposition in Israel to the move, or at least its timing. The National Unity party, a centrist member of the ruling coalition, said that coming as ceasefire talks appeared close to failing, it could “sabotage efforts” to free Israeli hostages in Gaza.

Qatar established Al Jazeera in 1996 to build influence around the Middle East and further afield.

The small Gulf state, where several Hamas political leaders are based, was a key mediator in the talks but has been marginalised in recent weeks, which may have encouraged the Israeli government to act.

Israel has barred foreign journalists from entering Gaza to cover the conflict, which was triggered by Hamas attacks into southern Israel on 7 October last year in which 1,200 people, mostly civilians, were killed. Israel’s ensuing offensive has killed more than 34,000 people, mostly women and children.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/a...-al-jazeera-offices-in-dark-day-for-the-media

- The mass killers dont like critics.

Back