Law House passes antisemitism bill that will target free speech and criticism of Israel

I think the idea that trans people don't exist or that people who think they should be treated respectfully don't realize there is a difference between biological males and transmales is what is crazy.

What you mean is against people who want to have sex-segregated spaces segregated by gender instead. That's a legitimate debate (and I agree that there is a strong majority against it in most cases). But compare it to what we were just talking about. Trans people exist, and no one thinks that they are physically identical to cis people. That's a strawman.

I haven't seen that, but I think you're still missing the point, which is that the guy's post suggested that people are being fooled because they think transpeople exist. "social media has made thousands think women can have a penis." Um, no. Some people just think that transpeople should be treated respectfully. And they're not fooled into getting something objectively wrong; they just have a different opinion.

And everyone on all sides of the discussion is aware that they are not biologically identical to ciswomen.

No, no one thinks there is no difference biologically. People will argue about the relevance of biological differences in different contexts.

I implore people generally to understand that just because people are on the other "side" doesn't mean they're not people.

Transmen do, in fact, menstruate. And transwomen who haven't had surgery do have penes. Are you not aware of that?

Probably for transmen who still menstruate.

I have understood them. The first statement, for example, means that we should treat transmen as a class of men. Obviously. Like, you really thought all this time that people don't see any physical differences?
<{vega}>

Here's that definition from the IHRA, tell me exactly what is wrong with this definition?

“Antisemitism is a certain perception of Jews, which may be expressed as hatred toward Jews. Rhetorical and physical manifestations of antisemitism are directed toward Jewish or non-Jewish individuals and/or their property, toward Jewish community institutions and religious facilities.”

For starters it excludes all semites other than Jews. Putting that aside it includes as anti-semitism "targeting of the state of Israel, conceived as a Jewish collectivity". It conflates criticism of Israel and Zionism as criticism of Jews. It also includes any comparison of Israel policy with those of the Nazi regime. Meaning that regardless of how many people Israel kills, if you believe they are committing a genocide you are anti-semitic.

Federal law already deals with discrimination so the only purpose of this bill is to restrict Americans free speech on behalf of a foreign government.

My brother, they literally want to change language to birthing person and chest feeder. Literally the entire movement is around the fact that men can menstruate and women can have a penis.

Are you just being willfully ignorant?

In my workplace men’s room they have tampons.
Ummm....willfully ignorant? Have you never communicated with jack? That's his entire spiel

I only offered my interpretation of the text, I never took any political stance, but it is interesting and telling you and so many others ITT did without reading the bill first.

I'm sorry, I thought you were implying this law may have nothing to do with the current protests of Isreal's ongoing actions.

I think the manner in which this law was passed clearly shows it is a direct response to those protests.

Like I said, I wish this was true. You have biologists out there claiming they can’t tell if a skeleton is male or female because we didn’t know how they identified.

It’s all a sham.

I have understood them. The first statement, for example, means that we should treat transmen as a class of men. Obviously. Like, you really thought all this time that people don't see any physical differences?

Why the hell are you guys derailing this thread with trans stuff?
There’s a thread for it.

Why the hell are you guys derailing this thread with trans stuff?
There’s a thread for it.

The most hilarious part of this is that Jack has been radio silent on the Israel situation and refuses to talk about it. He's been pretending he doesn't care but suddenly he randomly intercedes in the middle of this thread to respond to a post bringing up gender.

So he's been silently reading the Israel discussion all along and a random comment about gender is like the bat signal for him to come derail the thread. Then he'll vanish again without ever addressing the thread topic.

Jews literally are the far left lol. Why do you think the left doesn’t attack Jews but attack Christians. Jews definitely aren’t right wingers.

Literally everything woke you see today is because of Jews. They control the media and entertainment.
Tell that to the orthodox jews

US govt has full of “those” dual citizens leading in those positions…

anyone-else-find-this-extremely-concerning-v0-oyq1vh12s7yc1.jpeg

Jordan's a brainwashed retard. Some of his points are valid as they coincide with common sense. But that is just that, a coincidence.

He was purchased years ago is playing a role.

Also, he's insane and chemically imbalanced.

You are standing by the comment that there are no people arguing that there is no biological difference between those two kinds of people?

Do you live under a rock?

The WR is pretty extreme compared to the general population when it comes to these discussions.

Can you point to someone saying there is no biological difference?

Trans men and cis men are biologically different. This is a fact.

I suspect you're saying that the gender/biological sex discussions Jack mentioned don't matter and lefties are just insane people that don't think there's a biological difference.

But you're attributing beliefs to people that no one does or would actually think. And that's because you see the other side on the issues as not requiring plausible motives or beliefs.

I'm not attributing beliefs. I'm going by actual people all over social media and in news articles saying stuff like that.

Last edited:
Back