Hooligans

salamander

Promethium Belt
Banned
Reaction score
Russia is not exactly a bastion of freedom and acceptance, but FIFA (which is not a corrupt organization, at all) saw fit to allow them to host the World Cup.

In view of the current tensions between Russia and England, and the alleged thrashing the russian hooligans (Ultra's) gave English fans last Euro cup, how bad do you think things will get?

Will certain players be subjected to "ape noises" and racist chants by certain fans while playing?

Will the russian authorities take honest measures to protect the visiting fans? How do you guys think things will turn out?

At the request of French sports minister Laura Flessel, FIFA is investigating reports that fans targeted French stars Ousmane Dembele and Paul Pogba with monkey chants during the Bleus' 3-1 friendly victory over Russia in St. Petersburg on Tuesday.

Flessel asked for "European and international" action after fans imitating ape noises could be heard by photographers on the field.

Authorities have been slow to accept that the World Cup host has a problem with racism, but the anti-discrimination inspector Alexei Smertin, a former Russian international, said a Russian federation probe was already underway.

As recently as three years ago, the former Chelsea midfielder told the BBC that "there’s no racism in Russia because it doesn’t exist."

Racist chants and problems with right-wing fans have been a problem in Russian club soccer for two decades after teams began to import players from Africa and Latin America.

Brazilian great Roberto Carlos walked off the field after a banana was thrown at him in 2011 and countryman Hulk complained that no one was addressing the problems -- neither referees or federation officials -- after another incident in 2015.

FIFA president Gianni Infantino said that his organization will take a hard-line approach to racism at the World Cup, promising to stop games if problems arise.
https://www.socceramerica.com/publi...-countdown-russia-under-microscope-after.html

Sad to say but I honestly see fans dying at the World Cup

We're told by the Russian authorities fans have nothing to worry about. They said no violence will be tolerated and safety is their utmost importance.

They also said they had nothing to do with the recent attempted murder of two russians living in England.

I have less faith in the russian authorities to protect football fans than i have in a sieve shielding me in the rain.

Why not have an alternative soccer tournament at the same time?

Invite all countries.
Single elimination.
Host in stadiums around the UK

They should go full South American 80s style security. Water canons, separating fans with fences in the stands, barbed barriers between the stands and field, a moat around the field, military personnel, beatdowns from cops with shields and sticks, and rubber bullets.

TBH i'm more afraid of Chechen terrorism than anything else. Those people be crazy.

If english fans go there it will be a bloodbath. Otherwise it will have quite a few fuck ups but mostly containers.

Back