Honestly, McGregor is Nate's best friend and best thing to ever happen to him

You know he does, but he has a part to play. Thinking that Nate actually cares about wins and losses or what people think is odd.
The only thing that matters to him at this point, and since the "needle mover" comment, is getting paid and getting out.

Don't take my word for it. Other fighters, from Rousey to Edgar, Rashad, and Cruz, have described him as some sort of idiot savant. Socially the guy's pretty much handicapped by his anxiety and speech impediment, but that doesn't mean he's a moron.
He just can't speak very well, and rather than work on it, he just plays it up, because haters gonna hate. He understands that this is all a game, and he's trying to play it to his advantage. The biggest equalizer is that now he can truly say he doesn't give a fuck if he ever fights again, and it is believable.

He might look at it or try to make it seem like he was playing Conor, but it was obviously mutually beneficial.
Nate played the underdog in the first fight and won it. Conor played the redemption angle pretty well.
If they want, a third fight, once again outside of Conor's division, will prove to have little risk for either fighter.
I don't need to hear his words to think he's not intelligent. His actions speak volumes. Vaping CBD oil at a press conference where he knew he'd get caught for it? Is that your idea of being smart?

But it's paid off for him, so good for him. Still doesn't mean that he appreciates Conor for the role he played in Nate making all that money.

To make it an official bro-friendship, they gotta share a blunt like true homies

Nate did it all by himself via beating MJ and putting on one of the greatest post fight call outs ever - on FOX.

... making Colin realize what the real money fight was.

.. motherfuckers.
Exactly. He earned that money the same way McGregor did - by being entertaining in what is essentially the entertainment industry.

Nate did it all by himself via beating MJ and putting on one of the greatest post fight call outs ever - on FOX.

... making Colin realize what the real money fight was.

.. motherfuckers.
this is just retarded. take conor out of the equation and there isn't a snowballs chance in hell that nate is making even half the money he did vs conor

that doesn't mean conor deserves 100% of the credit either. one thing is for sure, nate 100% earned the rematch. if conor ko's nate in the first fight theres just never going to be a rematch

Forget the useless "scrap pack" who seem to only specialize in getting in random useless brawls, Conor took Nate from like $20k paychecks to what ? $12 MILLION plus in the span of half a year ?

If that's not a best friend and best thing to ever happen to Nate I don't know what is. I guess he owes RDA a beer too for getting injured and pulling out of his fight with Conor.

Bottom line : Nate is one of the most incredible chsnge of fortune stories I've ever seen short of someone winning the lottery.

Your thread deserves 10 thousand likes. Why are people so easily fooled? Conor's a huge fan of the Diaz bros.

And what film is this from?
Fuck yes!
200.gif

I could look at her for ages

Her name is Vica Kerekes. Enjoy! :]

Actually Conor took away everything he worked for

Nate recognizes this. All the talk between then is for the fans. They respect the shot out of each other and realize the money they are making fighting each other.

Forget the useless "scrap pack" who seem to only specialize in getting in random useless brawls, Conor took Nate from like $20k paychecks to what ? $12 MILLION plus in the span of half a year ?

If that's not a best friend and best thing to ever happen to Nate I don't know what is. I guess he owes RDA a beer too for getting injured and pulling out of his fight with Conor.

Bottom line : Nate is one of the most incredible chsnge of fortune stories I've ever seen short of someone winning the lottery.

Yeah, he won the lottery even though he sold the shit out of the 1st and 2nd fight.

I'm sure Conor would have sold 1.5 million PPVs if he fought Siver again...

Lol, had Nate gotten the hype and love after each of his exciting wins his paychecks certainly would have reflecTed it. If you didnt hear the crowd overwhelming cheer diaz than I guess you dont know he's had a big fanbase since conor was a plumber.

I'm glad Nate finally got paid, but if his fanbase was that big, he wouldn't have been 20/20.

I don't need to hear his words to think he's not intelligent. His actions speak volumes. Vaping CBD oil at a press conference where he knew he'd get caught for it? Is that your idea of being smart?

But it's paid off for him, so good for him. Still doesn't mean that he appreciates Conor for the role he played in Nate making all that money.

That's the whole point. He's getting paid. If you listen, that's really the only reason he ever started fighting.
Who did he want to fight after he beat Conor?

At a surface level, yeah, doesn't seem like a good idea. After a little thought and some research, doesn't seem to be any issue.
CBD is not a banned substance by USADA, and it was obviously a marketing ploy.
But yeah, if you can cash out of something that fits your image, and you are OK with that image, I fail to see how that is stupid.
We make celebrities out of whores that put out sex tapes, but we bash a fighter who gets punched in the head for $$ for smoking weed, like somehow that is worse than making a living out of getting beat up. That seems pretty fucking stupid to me, IMO.

I'm glad Nate finally got paid, but if his fanbase was that big, he wouldn't have been 20/20.
Well define fanbase because real fight fans like to see the Diaz bros fight usually. Conor has a majority of fans that don't know anything about mma they just like his shtick and that he's irish. I like Conor because he is an exciting fighter but no more exciting than Nate for me.

Honestly, I don't know why Mac is wasting his time going life and death with a guy who never won a UFC title...he should be defending his title or trying to win the belt at 155lbs. This reminds me of Gatti/Ward...fun but pointless
Pointless to whom? Why do people care about belts? I just want to see the best fights. This was a great fight for both fighters, and it didn't need a belt to be great. And it sold well, so clearly fans don't need belts on the line in order to buy the PPVs.
Shit, most of my favorite fights of Champions happened before they had belts, or when belts werent on the line. Silva vs Forrest is probably his most iconic win. No belt necessary.

Honestly, I don't know why Mac is wasting his time going life and death with a guy who never won a UFC title...he should be defending his title or trying to win the belt at 155lbs. This reminds me of Gatti/Ward...fun but pointless

Most of what people remember Gatti and especially Ward for are those fights though

Legendary fights can actually do more for a fighters career in the long run than a string of title defenses. Casuals like to see guys they remember and legendary fights is the best way to mae sure they never forget you

Well define fanbase because real fight fans like to see the Diaz bros fight usually. Conor has a majority of fans that don't know anything about mma they just like his shtick and that he's irish. I like Conor because he is an exciting fighter but no more exciting than Nate for me.

That's tricky, but safe to say the larger the fanbase, the more views/PPV sales/ etc. So when the UFC sees that you can move the needle, this gives the fighter leverage for better pay. Dana once said Nate was not a needle mover, which I expect is no longer the case. A lot of belt holders can only sell 3-400,000 PPVs. GSP used to do 7-800k. My point is if they were only willing to pay 20/20, he probably wasn't adding a lot to the bottom line at the time.

Most of what people remember Gatti and especially Ward for are those fights though

Legendary fights can actually do more for a fighters career in the long run than a string of title defenses. Casuals like to see guys they remember and legendary fights is the best way to mae sure they never forget you

People need to listen to this guy ^

People shit on GSP all the time for just sitting out and defending.

If he had went up and had an intense competitive fight vs Silva, win or lose, his legacy would be stronger

That's tricky, but safe to say the larger the fanbase, the more views/PPV sales/ etc. So when the UFC sees that you can move the needle, this gives the fighter leverage for better pay. Dana once said Nate was not a needle mover, which I expect is no longer the case. A lot of belt holders can only sell 3-400,000 PPVs. GSP used to do 7-800k. My point is if they were only willing to pay 20/20, he probably wasn't adding a lot to the bottom line at the time.
Fair enough but Nate has always been a top 10 lw and when he went up to fight Rory there was no hype backing him up and that was a huge weight difference vs conor/nate. Conors being irish was the biggest factor in his hype job.

Back