Honestly i'm so hype for Ward- Kovalev 2

This fight is just as good as GGG vs Canelo or Blitchko vs Joshua. A truly historic event.
Crazy that most fans don't give a damn about it. The suckers prefer a 12 round stare contest between Floyd and Conor.

Have to go to a wedding tonight so I payed the venue to buy it and put a tv up at the bar lol

These fighters are star fighters but not superstars in the eyes of many. As outstanding of a fighter as these two are they just don't sell like they should. Ward as he was coming up to be big time had that period where he was inactive. It just seems it's been a struggle for him to gain that international following. Hope this fight does better numbers than the first fight.

You also have Dmitry Bivol on the card who's young and probably going to be fighting Ward/Kova in the next year or two. You could hype Bivol as the future heir of the division, as one of the boxings best young stars etc. (Which I believe him to be).

And then you also have Guillermo Rigondeaux on the card, yet another pound for pound great. His opponent isn't the most exciting but still.

This main card is great, it's amazing I haven't heard more than a peep about it though.

I'm still debating it. I've got a lot of work to do but it's so tempting. I figure I still have an hour to make a decision.

What did ya do?

I stayed up late trying to make something work, I dig that last min stuff sometimes..

What did ya do?

I stayed up late trying to make something work, I dig that last min stuff sometimes..

Ah I wussed out and stayed home. I was one foot out the door all morning but I decided the more responsible thing to do was just hang back. Would've been a sight though.

I'd love to go see it live but I'm on the east coast and been way too busy for the past month. I also just got done shelling out a few thousand dollars in damage that my home owner insurance didn't cover. I'm a baller on a budget right now without the balling but I will be ordering the PPV and watching it on the big screen (likely with the commentary muted if it gets too bad).

Ah I wussed out and stayed home. I was one foot out the door all morning but I decided the more responsible thing to do was just hang back. Would've been a sight though.

This would have been a perfect fight to go to, under the radar of the casuals. It's been ages since I've been to a big fight.

Lol.. my wife was frowning the whole time is was looking, she wanted to go, but she had an engagement this afternoon, so we would have to have left late in the day.

Alright suckas, Im heading to eat some Thai food with a buddy of mine, check you all later tonight.

Getting close!!

This is the fight. This is good stuff. I hope it lives up to the hype, but honestly, I thought the first fight was going to be slower and not as exciting and boy, was I wrong!

This is going to be such a good fight, we should be feeling lucky we're witnessing it. Can't wait!

I have no idea how they can't sell this fight. Great fighters. Bad blood. America vs. Russia. Race.

And yet people are talking about such low numbers. It makes no sense to me.

This fight is just as good as GGG vs Canelo or Blitchko vs Joshua. A truly historic event.
Crazy that most fans don't give a damn about it. The suckers prefer a 12 round stare contest between Floyd and Conor.

Have to go to a wedding tonight so I payed the venue to buy it and put a tv up at the bar lol
Fuck yes to all these. Big fight feels like you wouldn't believe right now.

I have no idea how they can't sell this fight. Great fighters. Bad blood. America vs. Russia. Race.

And yet people are talking about such low numbers. It makes no sense to me.

You know, I've never cared for one's origin or appearance when they get into the ring (choice and behaviour is paramount, which is why I can respect Wlad and Crawford even though they come from opposite sides of the globe). I don't care that Golovkin is from Kazakhstan, I care that he's damn good and damn entertaining. The same can be said for Terence Crawford (the good part, the talented part; the entertaining part I'm still waiting on lol),
Who gives a flying damn about race (I have skin, by the way), or nationality (I come from a place that used to be named another place, occupied by other people, does that change anything?)? A person's a person, end of story. The whole point of the ring is that once you step in there, nothing matters but what your brains and muscles can do. Skin colour isn't worn like some arcane armour and a national flag isn't donned like a cape so that one can fly around the ring. The one thing I've always loved about boxing is seeing what ability does, it reminds us, if anything, that we are all capable of being more than what we are, and in doing so, should also remind us of how much we all have in common. I mean, I guess people can get jacked up about those superficial things, but it really just separates us as a species, rather than define us for our collective merits.

Nevertheless I agree with you that this fight is very appealing, due to skill level, animosity and the intrigue that has been building between the two camps.

Back