News Homeless Florida Woman Found In Alligator's Mouth

deadshot138

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score

Absolutely horrific story. Woman was a drug addict living in a homeless encampment in a wooded area. They aren't sure if she was already dead before the gator got her. I see some of the comments calling the daughter a hypocrite for leaving her mother homeless and then crying that she was killed. What do you think?

Seems like something that would happen to someone living in the palmettos, that's right next to canal. Just last year, another homeless person got munched in the same area (Largo).

The body of fresh water doesn't have to be large, either. I had a small retention depression behind an old apartment. That thing would get filled with around a foot of rain water and a gator would show up.

Her mom was 41 years old, not 81, far too young for her daughter to be responsible for her mother’s wellbeing. Given that her mom would come by every single day to see her granddaughter I’m sure she would have let her live with them if it’s what the mom wanted, but given that there’s likely an addiction issue here it could be that the mom didn’t want to if it meant having to give up the drugs.

Instead of killing the gator the cop should have Will Hunting'd it.

giphy.webp

"Clever girl"

I am guessing the Alligator surprised her.
I think there’s a good chance she was already dead. American Alligators very rarely attack people actually. Less than 1 a year on average .Although looking at Wikipedia there does seem to have been a spike in them these last two years.

Absolutely horrific story. Woman was a drug addict living in a homeless encampment in a wooded area. They aren't sure if she was already dead before the gator got her. I see some of the comments calling the daughter a hypocrite for leaving her mother homeless and then crying that she was killed. What do you think?

Her mother was a drug addict what do people expect? These people will steal everything from you the minute you turn your back on them.

<{clintugh}>

Don't know what the point of adding "despite her criminal history of trespassing and drug possession" was. It wasn't some altercation that adds context.

I'd guess if she was a drug addict living in the woods, it's probably better than 50/50 that she died of an OD and the alligator just found the body and ate it, but an alligator attacking someone isn't impossible.

But the last part about being a hypocrite, that's a no from me. The daughter doesn't exactly look like she's Jeff Bezos herself, and has kids of her own, so I doubt she could afford to get the mom a place of her own, and she'd have to be an idiot to move an addict into her apartment with her kids to shoot up in front of them and have her drug buddies and dealers showing up all the time.

Her mother was a drug addict what do people expect? These people will steal everything from you the minute you turn your back on them.

We detained a junkie for stealing a woman's purse. After we brought him back to the store, he started whining it was all his mum's fault because she didn't give him any money for drugs. Police told us later that the reason his mum didn't give him money for his tatest fix was the bastard had already drained her bank account, and stole everything from her house that wasn't nailed down.

Gotta watch out for that crocodile smile…

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eltonmjr
Back