Homegym MEGA Thread

Quick shot after workout today . It's chalk & dog hair filthy and my coonass music was still playing. This is an exploded view. The floor is usually open style, pulled everything out at once.

<{jackyeah}>

Rogue SML-2 with safety arms and custom half rack add on *
I think I may have seen you post a picture of this before, but I can't remember the specs. Did you use the 90" uprights from Rogue or something else? I have the SML-2 and I don't really want to convert it into the 390F. I'd rather do a half rack, but they only have the shorter back posts in the kit they sell.

I think I may have seen you post a picture of this before, but I can't remember the specs. Did you use the 90" uprights from Rogue or something else? I have the SML-2 and I don't really want to convert it into the 390F. I'd rather do a half rack, but they only have the shorter back posts in the kit they sell.
I’ll post a picture of my rack again.
I used equal height 3x3 posts (I forget the height but 90” sounds correct). Have you looked into purchasing individual posts? You should be able to create what you want with individual pieces.
If I were to do it again, I’d forgo the second chin-up bar at the back and mount a proper header. My rack is fairly stiff but it could be a lot better side to side with additional support at the top.

You do metal work or Ever think of fabbing and selling your own style of equipment? The pics you post look really good.
I sold a bunch of axles early on (about 15 of them) but nothing else made sense. Anything difficult takes me too many hours and I can’t be competitive on sale price.

E68E5AFC-9A2E-4638-82AD-55A9C2BC1527.jpeg

I really just wanted to say that I was gifted an Iron Neck Pro for Christmas, but I figured it was time for an actual homegym thread instead of using the cheap plate thread. Maybe we can get some pictures of what people are working with and questions/answers for any homegym related stuff in here.

As for the Iron Neck I can't imagine a world in which I would pay what that fucking thing cost, but since it was gifted to me I will give it a shot and get my neck fucking JACKED. Also got a copy of 5/3/1 Forever so that should be a cool resource. @Fahcough can load the thread up with pictures of an elite homegym set up if he chooses. I will share the one older picture I have taken of my space.

upload_2022-7-28_0-21-37-png.934424
Please show more pics. I have some weird fascination of looking at pics of home gyms.

Thanks for showing me that. It is pretty much exactly what I would be going for. I emailed Rogue to see what they say, but I also checked out Bells of Steel. It looks like you could swap out your second pull up bar with one of their Hydra crossmembers for less than $100 shipped. I know Rogue's quote will be hefty so I may end up with a Rogue/BoS frankenrack.

Thanks for showing me that. It is pretty much exactly what I would be going for. I emailed Rogue to see what they say, but I also checked out Bells of Steel. It looks like you could swap out your second pull up bar with one of their Hydra crossmembers for less than $100 shipped. I know Rogue's quote will be hefty so I may end up with a Rogue/BoS frankenrack.
I didn’t know BoS had 3 x 3 components

I didn’t know BoS had 3 x 3 components
It’s a new line called Hydra. 3x3 with 5/8 inch holes so it should fit monster lite. Good prices for the attachments, but it looks like it will be over a month or so before they are fully back in stock

Can't tell them apart after the crossmember branding. Would much rather build your own from ordering just parts you need over paying Rogue's jacked up price for same thing. There has to be 6 or 7 companies making 3x3 with 5/8 holes now.

Last edited:
I bought a cheap ass lifting wheel for my pull-up bar so I could do some pushdowns for dem gainz but the thing rolled so unevenly and it sounded like I was strangling a cat using it so I threw that shit away.

Might just get some resistance band so I can pump my tri's with pushdowns.

I bought a cheap ass lifting wheel for my pull-up bar so I could do some pushdowns for dem gainz but the thing rolled so unevenly and it sounded like I was strangling a cat using it so I threw that shit away.

Might just get some resistance band so I can pump my tri's with pushdowns.
I thought I would save money by buying a pulley, chain, and cable from Home Depot. It works fine, but I think I spent the same or more than buying a premade setup on Amazon. I am sure the attachments that come with those sets are cheap shit though.

I thought I would save money by buying a pulley, chain, and cable from Home Depot. It works fine, but I think I spent the same or more than buying a premade setup on Amazon. I am sure the attachments that come with those sets are cheap shit though.
There's a fine line between going cheap and doing it cheaper. Many of failed projects, some of them you see it before it happens. Other times you drop a 150lb wrecking bag from soft metal bolts breaking the heads off and releasing the cable. Always buy bigger than the max load you expect in hardware. Especially if it is holding something that moves.

Really pushed my DIY skills to the limit today. Had Home Depot cut a 2x4 into four pieces for me and then I screwed those together to make a calf raise block. Even went extra fancy and put some non slip tape on it for footing. Grabbed a China Marker so I could label the holes on my uprights since using magnets became a little annoying. Picture below isn't mine, but it illustrates the complexities I am capable of.

homemade-calf-block.jpg

Going out with new feats attained! DiY pro level 5

Last edited:
May have committed sin and telling it to the priesthood.

This place is deader than grandmas vibrator so I ventured out looking for another forum with at least 2 active threads a day. Ended up making a redit account after much debate and have big purchase regrets. It has no flow, the screen is cluttered, can't find way around. Posted a reply to someone and it vanished. Some chick was sending messages saying I had 3 minutes to reply if wanted to fuck. It's like being the new guy at work. Came back for air.

May have committed sin and telling it to the priesthood.

This place is deader than grandmas vibrator so I ventured out looking for another forum with at least 2 active threads a day. Ended up making a redit account after much debate and have big purchase regrets. It has no flow, the screen is cluttered, can't find way around. Posted a reply to someone and it vanished. Some chick was sending messages saying I had 3 minutes to reply if wanted to fuck. It's like being the new guy at work. Came back for air.
I check out their homegym page often to see what people have created or reviewed. Usually pretty run of the mill, but every so often I will see something interesting. I never bothered creating an account. Not a fan of most of it.

I check out their homegym page often to see what people have created or reviewed. Usually pretty run of the mill, but every so often I will see something interesting. I never bothered creating an account. Not a fan of most of it.
Def not a fan. The layout is horrible, endless scrolling to read 1 topic. Maybe you can't comment on 1st day? Have to drop some votes before you can open your mouth.
Either way, the day after new years should have brought a bunch of Resolutioners in with the How's my routine threads or can someone recommend...
Let's do like Nordic Lifting and host a free giveaway, have a bunch of people follow and share then never mention winners and ignore every comment asking what happened.

Back