hit friend in the ear now he can't hear!

juntjoo

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
yeah, so we were sparring and he's a bit new and suddenly dropped all technique and went swinging for a knockout and my pride wouldnt let me slow us down and i hit him good in the ear enough for him to go down and now he can't hear. it's been a couple hours. is this normal? how long should i wait to take him to the hospital? if this is normal what is the treatment? thanks.

Um, you should take him to the hospital now because you probably broke his eardrum.

It's probably a ruptured eardrum. It'll heal on it's own in 1-2 weeks, hearing should come back well before then though. Probably worth a visit to the doctor if it hurts too, in case it did any other damage.

Train responsably! And go to the doctor, if you hit him hard enough in the head to drop him its not a bad idea for him to get checked anyway.

dont fighters get knocked out on a regular basis?

sorry, i was on the phone when i made my last reply. Don't fighters get knocked down/out on a regular basis in training? I'm serious. I don't know. I"ve never been to a real gym where pros train, but I've heard of some gyms in MMA where they say they knock eachother out, like chute box and maybe others... I don't know. you guys tell me. I'm sorta looking forward to it for the experience, though I work hard on defense, but I want to condition myself for hard strikes, so wouldn't I(and pro fighters more so) have to get hit pretty hard?

how long should i wait to take him to the hospital?
Never take affirmative action. You are best to wait as long as possible. At the very least, wait it out until blood and brain matter is visible coming out on the carpet, then you will know it is time to take him to the hospital.. Or, try asking him by speaking into his other ear, his working ear, if he feels like going to the hospital, or if he feels any sort of pain or discomfort. Your next move depends on what his answer may be, and if you guys have shoes, be ready to put them on before you head outside.

what you are doing is not only stupid but very dangerous.

Try to hit him a few more times it might come back.

sorry, i was on the phone when i made my last reply. Don't fighters get knocked down/out on a regular basis in training? I'm serious. I don't know. I"ve never been to a real gym where pros train, but I've heard of some gyms in MMA where they say they knock eachother out, like chute box and maybe others... I don't know. you guys tell me. I'm sorta looking forward to it for the experience, though I work hard on defense, but I want to condition myself for hard strikes, so wouldn't I(and pro fighters more so) have to get hit pretty hard?

wow. . . This is. . . I don't know what to say!

Think about it this way, if you fuck up your training partner, then that's one less person you have to train with. This is a team sport. kindof.

Wow, this is so fucking stupid. I'm a grappler and we don't even use full power in training. Why in hell would you try to knock someone out in training?

Kick him in the balls as hard as you can, his hearing should come back.....If that doesn't work, poke him in the eye.

Screw up his other ear so he wont feel like such a freak.

Wow, this is so fucking stupid. I'm a grappler and we don't even use full power in training. Why in hell would you try to knock someone out in training?

what are you training for? tennis?
i dont understand mentalities like this. if you want to learn how to fight, you need to fight occasionally. if all you ever do is go 50%, how the fuck are you going to deal with somebody who goes 100%? you dont even know what thats like?

When I first read this, I thought it said hit girlfriend in ear. I kinda laughed.

you don't want to go 100% all the time, maybe couple times a month. going full contact everytime you spar will shorten your career.

what are you training for? tennis?
i dont understand mentalities like this. if you want to learn how to fight, you need to fight occasionally. if all you ever do is go 50%, how the fuck are you going to deal with somebody who goes 100%? you dont even know what thats like?

if you fuck up your training partner, then that's one less person you have to train with. Go to a smoker if you want that shit. don't wail on your training partners.

I try to believe belt color doesn't make a difference, then this thread pops up. I'm becoming a beltist.

Back