High Doses of Vitamin B Linked to Lung Cancer Increase

TheFirstEMP

Overdone and dry!
Platinum Member
Reaction score
http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/884611
Long-term use of high doses of vitamin B6 and B12 supplements has been associated with an increased risk for lung cancer. Overall, men who took these high doses over 10 years had a 2- to 4-fold increased risk for lung cancer compared with men who did not take such supplements, and the risk was particularly elevated among smokers. However, no such increase was seen in women.

These findings come from the Vitamins and Lifestyle (VITAL) cohort study and were published online August 22 in the Journal of Clinical Oncology.

"Our data shows that taking high doses of B6 and B12 over a very long period of time could contribute to lung cancer incidence rates in male smokers. This is certainly a concern worthy of further evaluation," commented lead author, Theodore Brasky, PhD, from The Ohio State University Comprehensive Cancer Center, Columbus, in a statement.

He emphasized, however, that the doses involved were well above those found in a daily multivitamin tablet.

There is no causal link shown here, but it might exist.

Responsible, scientific dieticians have said for years: don't take vitamin supplements unless you know you for a fact that you need them and never megadose.

Thats why I stopped taking vitamins and pills and supps regularly

These things do more harm than good in the long run, liver damage, kidney damage, lung damage.

Its best just to eat clean and healthy and get your nutrition from fruits and veggies and protein from natural food source.

Thats why I stopped taking vitamins and pills and supps regularly

These things do more harm than good in the long run, liver damage, kidney damage, lung damage.

Its best just to eat clean and healthy and get your nutrition from fruits and veggies and protein from natural food source.

I kind of agree. Overloading of vitamins D&E have been found to be deleterious. I take a vitamin D and CoQ capsule twice a week. the only other vitamin I take is a 1/4 pill of Mg daily as a prophylactic against gastric migraines. It doesn't totally prevent them but it sure does reduce the frequency of occurrence.

I kind of agree. Overloading of vitamins D&E have been found to be deleterious. I take a vitamin D and CoQ capsule twice a week. the only other vitamin I take is a 1/4 pill of Mg daily as a prophylactic against gastric migraines. It doesn't totally prevent them but it sure does reduce the frequency of occurrence.

I used to take Vitamin B complex and I stopped it gave me bad headaches and sleepy not to mention I hated the highlighter glow in the dark piss.

The only Vitamins I do take is like you Vitamin D3 and CoenzymeQ10

CoQ10 with PPQ is the real deal its proven to help people who take statins need to take them, because they are depleted but people over 30 should take them too great for heart health, brain function and cardio and stamina, I take 50mg one a day early in the morning it gives me lots of energy if I take it too close to the afternoon Ill be away and cant sleep.

I used to take Vitamin B complex and I stopped it gave me bad headaches and sleepy not to mention I hated the highlighter glow in the dark piss.

this is interesting. I was taking B-complex in the evening and noticed that on days I took it I had a greater incidence of migraines the next day. I'll have google to see if this is real and documented or if I'm just connecting dots that aren't there to be connected.

this is interesting. I was taking B-complex in the evening and noticed that on days I took it I had a greater incidence of migraines the next day. I'll have google to see if this is real and documented or if I'm just connecting dots that aren't there to be connected.

Never take b complex in the evening or before bed, the headaches come from the excreted b vitamins lingering in your system at night and not pissing them out, b vitamins are water soluble so whatever is not needed gets pissed away aka hilighter urine yellw color when you piss.

It takes me like three pisses to finally get rid of that bright yellow urine when taking a b complex.

I think the headache comes from too much b6 !not exactly sire but its one of those that causes headaches in some people like myself.

Back