Hick Diaz decking Amirkhani after all those taunts

Christ, what a trash performance from both guys, aside from the first round. This does nothing for Makwan's stock, thankfully. It was Knight's fight to lose, and he did everything he could to give it away.

Makwan continues to prove that his hype is unwarranted.

Except that ones that the athletic commissions use.

Laying on top of a guy while he attacks you doesnt show aggression or effective grappling imo

Knight should've won and the 30-27 guy was right.

Knight fucked up. Hunting for subs when he had his opponent rocked over and over. Fight was correctly scored IMO.

Guard pulling is cancer and should only be used in extreme circumstances.

Why did Knight's coaches not just SCREAM "stop pulling guard ffs!"
It was their job to make him understand he was winning the stand up.

Laying on top of a guy while he attacks you doesnt show aggression or effective grappling imo

This just shows that neither of you understands the unified rules. Not saying I agree with the criteria...

Amirkhani got a gift, and he'll get royally fucked up by Swanson.

I though Knight won the fight. Tongue dude did nothing any time he had top position. During most the grappling knight was attacking with subs.

I agree with the fact that the guy on top shouldn't get a round for laying and praying but Knight didnt do shit/no damage of his back
Miguel Torres/Mighty Mouse was a good example of a guy doing work of his back. Knight trying to use rubber guard and working for a submission isnt enough to win the round in my opinion.

These are the same commissions that gave us Bisping beating Hamill and Pearson/Sanchez.
And? For the vast majority of fights, the criteria works fine.

Although if you are arguing they should change the scoring system, I'd agree with you.

I don't know wtf Knight was doing there. Had Amirkhani rocked twice then decided to lay on his back the entire fight not landing a single significant strike or having any real submission attempt in rounds 2 and 3. Guess he just wanted to lose. Also wtf was the 30-27, Knight did literally nothing in rounds 2 and 3.

Not sure why Knight went for some sloppy looking groundwork and let that clown recover.

I don't know wtf Knight was doing there. Had Amirkhani rocked twice then decided to lay on his back the entire fight not landing a single significant strike or having any real submission attempt in rounds 2 and 3. Guess he just wanted to lose. Also wtf was the 30-27, Knight did literally nothing in rounds 2 and 3.

Couldnt agree more.
Dont know what the fuck Knight was thinking. Some of the worst fight IQ i've seen in a while.

Why are people calling it a lay and pray performance from Amirkhani? Knight was literally sitting in rubber guard, is that "going for submissions" or "being aggressive off the bottom" to you guys or what?

What it achieved was freezing all action on the ground, so if you gotta blame someone for the lack of action on the ground, blame Knight.

Back