hey. guys... didnt this forum used to...???

Ive been around since 2006 and people talked about GSP juicing the whole time.

You could criticize a fighter but you couldnt call him a queer. Mods have never been that strict, some had fragile egos and thats what you had to watch out for
-Edit-

PB was sensitive about BJ iirc but thats about all i can remember

People got carded or banned left and right for even suggesting UBEREEM might not be clean.
Posts had to be constructed super carefully.

There were lots of clowns who genuinely believed he was clean, always ready to argue. To say nothing of the trolls that would try and bait you into getting the hammer.

Reactions: HHJ
i thought that this forum didnt allow cursing or even negative criticism of the fighters. is my memory wrong? dont get me twisted... i like the edginess and believe in free speech. i just remember it not being a place i didnt want to hang at when i made this profile. what happened?

toodles.

Cunt.

There you go, you can swear!

I once had a 07 account and I lost it when I made a thread laughing at the UFC for just airing a single fight on Fox(Cain v JDS). I guess the mod was upset so many people made the same thread.

Back in the day, the mods were like Gestapo, they went looking for any troublemakers or etc. a bunch of nerds on a power trip, lol.

It was way more chill now.

Mods used to enforce the fighter bashing rule but it seems they gave that up a while ago.
Honestly, thank god. Perhaps it was cuz the fighters are getting more flamboyantly vulgar themselves.

I'm sure the mods are hoping I dont remember me calling the 4 Whoreswomen penalty, but people dont forget.

People got carded or banned left and right for even suggesting UBEREEM might not be clean.
Posts had to be constructed super carefully.

There were lots of clowns who genuinely believed he was clean, always ready to argue. To say nothing of the trolls that would try and bait you into getting the hammer.

Must have been during my hiatus

I forgot i took a 10 year break in there lol

it's now thread jack territory
giphy.gif

i thought that this forum didnt allow cursing or even negative criticism of the fighters. is my memory wrong? dont get me twisted... i like the edginess and believe in free speech. i just remember it not being a place i didnt want to hang at when i made this profile. what happened?

toodles.
This forum isn't what it used to be. Nowhere near as many posters. Some people (me included) used to sit here for much of the night conversing with others. But mods used to use the ban hammer for fun, and many posters took it personally and never returned. I had my original account banned for 'post whoring'. No warning, no card, just banned. They have obviously been given more guidelines now on what constitutes a banning offence. They took their user base for granted before.
The popularity of platforms like Instagram and Facebook etc has also taken its toll.

However I doubt you'd get away with calling a fighter certain names, or saying particularly nasty slurs about them. It just is a lot lot harder to be banned now.

toodles.

Yeah you couldn't even imply someone took PEDs. Or acknowledge Pride allowed PED use. Thats why I got my cards back in the day. And I suspect thats the big change because that was a huge point of emphasis back in the day. It was this forums "golden rule" of sorts.

The Jones haters kind of made that unenforceable given how many of them there are making up stories about Jones taking PEDs. Now that I think of it the change might have coincided with the UFCs parnership with USADA.

I don't believe cursing was ever against the rules.

The mods are better in some ways worse in others. Its complicated.

Back