'He's Tapping' Garbrandt Trying To Cheat and Influence The Ref?

Coolidge

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I was just watching TUF and noticed Cody kept saying 'he's tapping' even though Nijem clearly wasn't tapping. Someone else on that team even shouted out 'he's asleep' while Nijem was still moving. That's such a pathetic and dirty tactic.

I stopped watching. Do you recommend I get back into it..?

The fights haven't really been great this season. Only watching for the Garbrandt - Dillashaw beef. And I loved Cody telling Bang that he has no chin.

I stopped watching. Do you recommend I get back into it..?

It's not worth your time. Go back and watch Sonnen and Jon Jones' season if you're in the mood for TUF. That's a good season to watch.

It's not worth your time. Go back and watch Sonnen and Jon Jones' season if you're in the mood for TUF. That's a good season to watch.
Oh yeah I did see that one! Was good

It probably happens a lot but TUF is quiet and you can hear what guys say better.

My favorite is Mark Coleman cornering Waterman in PRIDE and telling him it "Break it! Break it, Ronnie!" when he had a guy in a keylock or something.

in garbradnt's defence, that was an incredibly tight guillotine. i'm shocked nijem survived.

I was just watching TUF and noticed Cody kept saying 'he's tapping' even though Nijem clearly wasn't tapping. Someone else on that team even shouted out 'he's asleep' while Nijem was still moving. That's such a pathetic and dirty tactic.

I SAW NUTHIN´ WRONG !

hidehiko-yoshida.jpg

Happens all the time, fighters tell the refs he's out when there not

You watch that shit?

Bruce Lee said to be open to every tactic.

Cody act's more like a spectating fan rather than a coach.

Last edited:
Headlock

Cody: "squeeze it squeeze ' he's tapping, he's going out"

Jab

Cody: "He's rocked, he's hurt finish him finish him"

Post fight

Cody: "....didn't follow the game plan. We were telling him what to do but he just wasn't listening...."

"He's rocked!" after jabs land

"He's tapping" during scrambles

"He's out" when fighters are still struggling in submissions

Sad part is, that's the most Cody has been able to offer his team this whole season. The worst coach there has ever been by a mile.

I read it at as encouragement, more "he's going to tap" than actually saying he is tapping.

Back