here's your Volkov KO gif

zu8rq97.gif

Volkov did a great job of not hesitating when he dropped Werdum. Going straight in there before Fabricio could establish a guard, a few seconds could have been enough to clear the cobwebs. History has surely shown the danger of following Fabricio to ground.

All these Cain salty fans celebrating <45>
Can't wait until your boy is back, Blaydes outclasses him in the wrestling area and Volkov probably finishes him on the ground
Werdum was just one more victim of father time..
Blaydes beating Cain at his own game? Nah

Werdum was winning the first round or two because Volkov couldn't stop his single leg takedowns. Volkov survived on his back while taking a bit of damage including a hairline cut. By round 3 Werdum seemed to be gassing and got a nasty shiner on his eye as Volkov began hitting him with his long strikes. Werdum started flopping around to get it to the ground again. Volkov just backed away. Werdum said fuck it and started throwing haymakers. Volkov countered and got the KO.

This. It was shocking to see how sloppy, almost amateurish, was Werdum's striking before the KO.

I thought you could be right, but I disagree after watching it again.

Werdum didn't try to drop and square up to play guard. Volkov almost went straight to knee-on-belly/side control, since Werdum just dropped like a sack of shit.
yeah i'm not saying he was 100 % there, but it looked like he kinda half dropped on his own like he's done in the past, obviously very hurt but volkov followed up with an accurate shot that finished it.

Werdum was winning the first round or two because Volkov couldn't stop his single leg takedowns. Volkov survived on his back while taking a bit of damage including a hairline cut. By round 3 Werdum seemed to be gassing and got a nasty shiner on his eye as Volkov began hitting him with his long strikes. Werdum started flopping around to get it to the ground again. Volkov just backed away. Werdum said fuck it and started throwing haymakers. Volkov countered and got the KO.

thank you! totally agree.

i bet Werdum would've gotten the decision if this were a three rounder.

Back