Here is what I saw as a boxing guy

XThe GreatestX

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
ok so last night was fun. Drinking, watching the fight whatever the fuck

Anyways.

I saw conor come out really hard the first threeish rounds. Throwing a ton of punches ( a few blatantly illegal but eh, he was trying to win).

In those three rounds i watched floyd do, what he has done to every opponent he has ever had. Analyze. Sit back and let his opponent do his thing until floyd goes on the attack. I had conor up 2-1 after three ( i believe the judges had floyd ahead 2-1 on the cards)

Than.......it got embarrassing.

First off all I kept hearing was conors un-orthodox technique and how it was gonna give floyd problems.......I dont want to talk shit to much but cmon......he was god awful from a technique standpoint.

Second we all know about conors gassing problems but he looked fucking done in the middle of round 4. His technique was already pretty terrible but it was getting worse and worse as the fight went on.

Arms flailing, mouth open, chin up. And than from about rounds 4-10, floyd beat the absolute living shit out of him.

And than conor got stopped..... yes floyd is the best boxer since sweet pea, but still. He hasn't been considered a knockout artist since his days as a super featherweight, is 40 years old and has been retired for two years.....and conor looked about 20 pounds heavier.

Conors un orthodox technique....absolutely non existent. He looked awful.

Speaking as a conor fan in mma..........

Sorry guys. I see no moral victories here. As soon as floyd turned it on it was embarrassing and the skill gap was lunacy......waste of time imo

Inb4 McHuggers try to convince you Conor was impressive

<{cruzshake}>

Floyd let Conor punch himself out.

Then, Conor punched himself out.

Then, Floyd turned it up a notch and won.

took him 10 rounds to do what he should have done in 5.

For the p4p best of this era, that's pretty embarrassing

Great to hear at least one logical person not trying to give props for Conor's heart. He doesn't give a shit about the fans. He did it all for himself. And he wasn't winning the fight at first on his terms. It's like none of his fans watch any other fighter. It was clear that Mayweather was doing a feel-out period. If Conor's power and technique were throwing Floyd off, he wouldn't have kept moving forward. It was a clinic the moment that fight started. I don't see why anyone's saying that Conor was impressive and represented MMA well.

Take Connie's micro penis out of your mouth and breathe a deep breath.

Lol he's 40 and coming off a 2nd or 3rd retirement... while I agree he could've done it quicker I think he also "sold" it to the crowd a bit.

ok so last night was fun. Drinking, watching the fight whatever the fuck

Anyways.

I saw conor come out really hard the first threeish rounds. Throwing a ton of punches ( a few blatantly illegal but eh, he was trying to win).

In those three rounds i watched floyd do, what he has done to every opponent he has ever had. Analyze. Sit back and let his opponent do his thing until floyd goes on the attack. I had conor up 2-1 after three ( i believe the judges had floyd ahead 2-1 on the cards)

Than.......it got embarrassing.

First off all I kept hearing was conors un-orthodox technique and how it was gonna give floyd problems.......I dont want to talk shit to much but cmon......he was god awful from a technique standpoint.

Second we all know about conors gassing problems but he looked fucking done in the middle of round 4. His technique was already pretty terrible but it was getting worse and worse as the fight went on.

Arms flailing, mouth open, chin up. And than from about rounds 4-10, floyd beat the absolute living shit out of him.

And than conor got stopped..... yes floyd is the best boxer since sweet pea, but still. He hasn't been considered a knockout artist since his days as a super featherweight, is 40 years old and has been retired for two years.....and conor looked about 20 pounds heavier.

Conors un orthodox technique....absolutely non existent. He looked awful.

Speaking as a conor fan in mma..........

Sorry guys. I see no moral victories here. As soon as floyd turned it on it was embarrassing and the skill gap was lunacy......waste of time imo
I just said this in my thread but idk man sherdoggers go hard for other men lol it's common sense even Floyd sr said it

Floyd decisions average boxers. It's his style to go the distance or close to it. He's known for NOT knocking people out. It's more embarrassing for a bigger, younger man like Conor to get knocked out by a smaller 40 year old man who hasn't fought in 2 years, and is considered by boxing standards to not have knock-out power anymore.

I dont think Mayweather was just giving rounds away for free. Conor genuinely did well in the first 3-4 rounds and was giving Floyd all he could handle

It took the self proclaimed best ever 10 rounds to put away an amateur.

Boxing purists were trying to say crazy shit like Conor wouldn't land a single punch.

Yes, Conor got schooled like virtually everyone assumed he would, but I think he did better than most thought he would.

As a "boxing guy", you should know that you can't just get 12 round boxing shape overnight against the GOAT without having dozens of amateur fights.

You realize that Floyd looked like the size of a BW compared to Conor's LW right? Floyd is not a power punching KO machine and he KO'd Conor. Floyd is also a terrific salesman and let this fight go on long enough to let Conor save face. Why would he do that you ask? Who do you think will promote Conor's opponent should he box again?
images

Paulie vs Conor is already being floated by Floyd and Conor.

TS what fight was you watching?

It took Floyd 10 rounds to beat a first time boxer

Give Conor his props

It's clear to anyone with two eyes and a basic knowledge of boxing. But Conor nuthuggers will come here saying he had a very good performance, it was a competitive fight and Conor was beating him before he gassed.

You realize that Floyd looked like the size of a BW compared to Conor's LW right? Floyd is not a power punching KO machine and he KO'd Conor. Floyd is also a terrific salesman and let this fight go on long enough to let Conor save face. Why would he do that you ask? Who do you think will promote Conor's opponent should he box again?
images

Paulie vs Conor is already being floated by Floyd and Conor.

he stopped conor. Don't say he KO'd him.

Don't be triggered bro.

A man with 0 boxing matches went 10 rounds with Floyd Mayweather JR.

Boxing showed a :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: in its armor, whether purist admit it or not.

Im not saying this is Sapp vs Hoost level exposure, but boxing has lost some of its aura.
I thought mma included boxing

Back