Herb Dean did it again (CB Dolloway vs Murtazaliev and JDS vs Cain)

You forgot Rockhold Weidman. I know it wasn't the same position but he let Weidman get beatdown from full mount for like 3 minutes while he was basically defenseless

That one is different and I actually fully agree with Herb there. Weidman, at the time, was the undefeated champion. You HAVE to give people like that every chance available, because nothing is worse than an idiot making a stupid decision adding a permanent 1 to someone's loss column, a la Jon Jones/Mazzagatti.

Who's responsibility is it to tap? CB, or Herb? There are protocols in place. Did CB verbally submit or tap?
So you don't think referees should ever stop fights? It should always be on the fighters to tap?

Rewatch the vid without sound because the idiot commentary are making every missed strike seem like its killing him .

He lands like 3 strikes and is blocked for the rest .

Did watch without sound, and was wondering what the fuzz is all about. Sure, he's done, and the fight could've been stopped, but it's not like he took a huge amount of damage there.

That one is different and I actually fully agree with Herb there. Weidman, at the time, was the undefeated champion. You HAVE to give people like that every chance available, because nothing is worse than an idiot making a stupid decision adding a permanent 1 to someone's loss column, a la Jon Jones/Mazzagatti.

True. But I would argue the first minute of unanswered full mount beat down was plenty of time to "give him every chance" the next 2 minutes was pure negligence on Herbs part.

It was 3 way complete stupidity. First Dolloway should have tapped or waved it off 2 It was obvious it needed stopping, Herb Dean needs a swift kick up the ass and suspending 3 Dolloway's corner at least should have thrown in the towel. Absolute disgrace and blatant stupidity!!

Everyone needs to calm down, I've seen much worse beatings than that Carwin vs Lesnar, Kongo vs Barry, and Frankie vs Maynard. Shields had full mount vs Hendo for 3 rounds and even his pitter patter punches were about as damaging as that ground and pound; and the fight was never even close to being stopped.

CB CLEARLY had enough and did next to nothing in regards to "intelligent defense". He gave up on the stool after that beating...what more do you want to say THAT FIGHT SHOULDA BEEN STOPPED?! Seems like you'd be dumb enough to let it go until CB was LITERALLY being killed in there before stopping the fight. Thank God you're not a ref, cuz I'd be begging for Cecil Peoples instead of you if you were.

BTW I watched without commentary because I didn't notice the volume button on the bottom. I don't use Twitter or Instagram or whatever that's from.
There was 10 seconds left when he gave up his back and ate 2 punches but he still blocked 4 of them that's intelligent defence, plus his corner were chanting get up and didn't throw the towel and he didn't tap either.

CB blocked damn near every punch, I could understand if he just sat in the same position but he was moving around even if he purposely gave up his back at one point. If CB was getting tagged and dazed it'd be different. It was clear he'd given up, he was just looking for a way out without having to tap. Also, why didn't Murtazaliev just go for a sub? Instead of beating his brains in, he could've easily grabbed his arm for a Kimura and ended that in 2 seconds.
Exactly he was actively blocking and there was 10 seconds left. People are acting like he huddled up into a ball or went into the fetal position but he didnt .

So you don't think referees should ever stop fights? It should always be on the fighters to tap?

When the fighter is conscious, yes. CB was just whinging like a kid and could easily have tapped or verbally submitted himself.

It's not Herb Dean's job to save the honour of your favourite fighters.

Last edited:
Exactly he was actively blocking and there was 10 seconds left. People are acting like he huddled up into a ball or went into the fetal position but he didnt .

He was mere seconds away from exploding. It could have easily been the first death in a UFC Octogon. We truly are lucky this didn't become crisis situation.

That was brutal. Definitely a late stoppage. And CB should have tapped, or the corner should have thrown in the towel.

That was atrocious. I dislike CB so was kinda pleased at first but then it became beyond obvious. Dude was a fucking corpse with Herb waiting for the Ressurection.

Man that was bad.

The Weidman massacre was worse. I like how Herb Dean just looks at him thinking "woops"
2F54A25000000578-0-image-a-13_1449984872926.jpg

Prolly thinking I bet I can dip some bread in that....

Has there been any word from either CB himself or Dana on this? Twitter is surprisingly quiet, hope everything is okay with CB behind the scenes.

Did not realize there were so many Sherdoggers who were protective over CB's brain health.

The worst part about Dean is he does this then stops other fights super quick like Faber vs Barao 2.

We should create a thread for each ref and compile a list of gross late stoppages and ridiculous early stoppages, along with anything else screwed up in their body of work.

Worst I have seen was Mark Munoz vs. Chris Weidman. For that, I didn't feel as bad when The Chris got it back. I still feel bad for The Chris, because I am not a bad guy. That dude had to know to stop on Munoz, even if the ref wasn't doing his damn job. Weidman has a history of pounding on obviously out opponents with no control to stop until a ref steps in.

Back