Hendricks said something interesting

I just had the most random thought about TUF that would be awesome.... imagine if they split the show in half, or did 3/4th's of it

and then took 3 or so months off (kinda like how they do those mini-seasons for burn notice)

but here's the thing...the first half or 3/4ths happen BEFORE the coaches fight, and the 2nd half happens AFTER they fight.

So the beauty of it is, you get to see one of the coaches basically nutered, walking around with his head down, while the other is all smiles and ****yness.

Imagine if half the season where Koscheck was like "I'm gonna touch that chin georges. hur hur" got cut in two and the other half was after Kos lost terribly and he has to actually sit there and talk to his guys and be around Georges, in what would be the most humbling experience of his life. And georges could even say things like "i thought you were going to touch my chin"

Yea and Kosh would have to turn his head to the right all the way just to see someone cause his softball size eye would be swollen shut

I just had the most random thought about TUF that would be awesome.... imagine if they split the show in half, or did 3/4th's of it

and then took 3 or so months off (kinda like how they do those mini-seasons for burn notice)

but here's the thing...the first half or 3/4ths happen BEFORE the coaches fight, and the 2nd half happens AFTER they fight.

So the beauty of it is, you get to see one of the coaches basically nutered, walking around with his head down, while the other is all smiles and ****yness.

Imagine if half the season where Koscheck was like "I'm gonna touch that chin georges. hur hur" got cut in two and the other half was after Kos lost terribly and he has to actually sit there and talk to his guys and be around Georges, in what would be the most humbling experience of his life. And georges could even say things like "i thought you were going to touch my chin"

Fuckin' A, that would be hysterical. Koscheck having to walk around without an eye telling his fighters that "they need to not lose to no French guy" while he looks like an extra from a zombie movie. It would go against all the rules of building a fight up, marketing, etc, but lordy lord would that have been a hilarious season.

Because he earned a title shot beating three top five fighters in a row, while Nick Diaz is coming off a lose and a suspension

Nick earned it 2 times already. First, when he joined UFC but then was forced to fight BJ for not going to the Press Conference. After that fight, he earned the shot again but UFC made him take one more fight. He could have just said no to Condit fight and waited for GSP to get ready.

I think your right that he is just terrified of Hendricks....the guy who just squeaked buy Koss(I actually thought Koss won). Yes GSP is avoiding Hendricks by asking for a fight he has wanted the past couple of years.

I am really starting to dislike Hendricks and his whining. I hope GSP keeps ignoring Hendricks just to see him break down and cry.

arlight bud, you gotta reread what I wrote. I didn't say I was impressed. I say maybe GEORGES wasn't impressed.

Considering he hasn't even mentioned johny in any interview that I know of. I don't think he cares at all about Johny. (while johny seems to think gsp not talking about him means he's scared of him, and that's hilarious)

also I never said anything about johny flailing wildly, I just say that an early cold ko doesn't tell as much about a fighter as something like the koscheck fight. Anyone with power can catch someone early in the 1st round. That's the beauty of having great power.

Well that is because GSP has clearly shown he is about making as much money as possible. That is not a bad thing, but this idea we should let the champion pick he wants to fight when we have a clear number one contender is silly.

Nick Diaz is the bigger money fight, and Nick Diaz is probably the easier fight, so GSP wants to fight Diaz. This does not mean he should, or that it even should be seriously considered

And as for Johnny Hendrick's KO, at least against Kampmann, it was beautifully set up with the right hand, so it was not like he 'caught' Kampmann. He outstruck him

GSP has wanted to kick Nicks ass for close to 2 years now. Hendricks has a punchers chance and thats it. Rest assured there's not a single WW that GSP is ducking or will duck

For a guy that everyone gives a punchers chance, he's KTFO 3 of his last 5 in brutal fashion, and rewatch the pierce and kos fights. He put hits on those meatheads that would have serra'd gsp. Im still amazed that Kos ate that left hook.

GSP has been waffling on silva for years. Clearly, he's mapping out his "legacy". I don't blame him. And diaz is the safer and more financially rewarding. There is approximately zero chance he loses to diaz, but hendricks? Methinks it's a measurable chance.

Nick earned it 2 times already. First, when he joined UFC but then was forced to fight BJ for not going to the Press Conference. After that fight, he earned the shot again but UFC made him take one more fight. He could have just said no to Condit fight and waited for GSP to get ready.

He didn't earn the shot after BJ Penn. GSP got injured and the UFC made the best of what they had left. Which, incidentally, was not Diaz in the end. He's the best guy Georges hasn't tooled yet which they're going to correct soon.

If that's the case with Johny, then I hope he keeps fighting. From where I stand I personally don't see Johny beating GSP at this moment and if he gets his shot and loses it could be a long, long time before he reaches that pinnacle again. So take 2 more fights and go into the championship bout with a 7 fight win streak, give the champ a reason to perk up and say "this guys no fluke". With that said I wish Mr Rig all the best in the future.

And then he lost the fight, and got a suspension to top that off. It sucks for Nick Diaz, it sucked for us because I want to see him fight again, but that does not mean he deserves it.

Fighters coming off a lose should not get a title shot. Nick Diaz lost, Johnny Hendricks has torn through the WW division and emerged as the number 2 guy in the division.

Hendricks is an easy fight for GSP. He wants Diaz for the paycheck and to shut him up.

Diaz is a bigger draw than Hendricks

but neither of them present a difficult fight for GSP.

Georges wont get caught by that big left, he'll take Jonhy down and batter him for 25 minutes

Diaz is even less of a challenge, same slow plodding striking and refusal to adapt to change in a gameplan. GSP beats daiz standing and on the ground.

The only thing Diaz can do is piss GSP off and make him train harder and bring a bigger ass beating

For the first couple complaints he said I could understand completely .
He wanted his shot . He's up there for it .
But I was just reading mma fighting and he was complaining again . Please stop now .
Dude, feel lucky you have a job and making MMA fun with your 1rst round KO 's .
And just take the next fight and show why you really deserve that shot.
Show the people why they want you up to the plate next more than everyone else .

I may be wrong, but hasn't Hendricks said that he doesn't want to fight again till its against GSP?

He didn't earn the shot after BJ Penn. GSP got injured and the UFC made the best of what they had left. Which, incidentally, was not Diaz in the end. He's the best guy Georges hasn't tooled yet which they're going to correct soon.

Are you kidding me? This is exactly what Dana said at the UFC 137 Post fight press conference "Nick needs motivation, He's got it.. He'll fight GSP next". Watch this video (starts at 35:50 mark).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4-5LMAID5w

Nope, definitely not. Well, he'll probably make more money. Diaz is much more dangerous than Hendricks. Hendricks is an EASY fight for GSP. Been there, done that.

Hendricks is just another wrestler who will look just like a turtle on its back against GSP. Hendricks should just admit that all he wants is the paycheck. Not to mention GSP has a 7 inch reach advantage and that he is coached by Zahabi/Jackson. No way he'll fall for that stupid reverse punch from Hendricks.

Hendricks will get his title shot in 2013. After GSP beats Diaz. GSP has done virtually everything the UFC has asked of him. He makes millions and makes the UFC tens of millions. He has fought everyone in his WEIGHT class and ducked no one. He wants to fight Diaz first, rightfully so. Anyone who suggests GSP is ducking JH is utterly stupid and ignorant.

Does JH pose a threat to GSP, absolutely. Anyone with two hands who hits as hard as he does poses a threat. The reality is GSP is much better than JH in every area with one exception, one punch KO power. That is the ONLY area in MMA that JH has an advantage over GSP. Thats one punch KO power is easily negated by putting JH up against the cage, putting him on his back, and circling away from the power shot.

JH KO power shot is telegraphed and GSP will keep the distance to avoid that punch. Once GSP takes JH into rounds 3,4,5 Hendricks ability to end the fight dramtically decreases as the fight goes on.

Rightfully so what? Diaz lost to Condit, doesn't matter if you think he should have won or not, he didn't. Johny Hendricks is the legitimate number 1 contender and has been the number 1 contender since he beat Fitch in my opinion. Johny deserves this shot at GSP so much more than anyone, even Anderson Silva.

Nope, definitely not. Well, he'll probably make more money. Diaz is much more dangerous than Hendricks. Hendricks is an EASY fight for GSP. Been there, done that.

diaz dangerous for GSP!???! HA! HA! More dangerous than hendricks?! LOL!!!

THanks, I needed that. Nick is an EASY fight for GSP. Hendricks has a much better chance, he's not gonna win, but he has a FAR better shot.

Hendricks will get his title shot in 2013. After GSP beats Diaz. GSP has done virtually everything the UFC has asked of him. He makes millions and makes the UFC tens of millions. He has fought everyone in his WEIGHT class and ducked no one. He wants to fight Diaz first, rightfully so. Anyone who suggests GSP is ducking JH is utterly stupid and ignorant.

Does JH pose a threat to GSP, absolutely. Anyone with two hands who hits as hard as he does poses a threat. The reality is GSP is much better than JH in every area with one exception, one punch KO power. That is the ONLY area in MMA that JH has an advantage over GSP. Thats one punch KO power is easily negated by putting JH up against the cage, putting him on his back, and circling away from the power shot.

JH KO power shot is telegraphed and GSP will keep the distance to avoid that punch. Once GSP takes JH into rounds 3,4,5 Hendricks ability to end the fight dramtically decreases as the fight goes on.

I wouldn't be surprised if Hendricks gassed in the third. He cuts crazy weight. GSP only his to avoid a. telegraphed power shot. I'm sure GSP could handle jh easy. He fights anyone the ufc puts in front of him he doesnt need to duck anyone

Again, I kinda marvel at the double standards necessary to justify Diaz over Hendricks. Especially along the lines of 'Hendricks needs to take another fight and not be scared of losing it, but Diaz needs to fight NOW because god forbid if he got a different fight and LOST!'.

But then again, I continue to think the idea of Diaz the super-ultra-megadraw is horribly inflated.

Back