Henderson vs. Machida

1. I'll never understand the time required to be put in to do, what? Mildly annoy people? Seems like an actual waste of your life, and that is coming from a guy with so many so-called time wasting hobbies I hardly have time for life!

2. Anyways...

3. Good breakdowns of the fight. I didn't think Dan was going to be able to land the big one on Machida unless Lyoto got caught coming in, so I had to assume he was going to wait and counter himself, most likely winning. But then again, I couldn't imagine Rampage winning a decision against him either...

1. It's pretty easy to understand if you read the copy.... Got an important project that went astray, now looking to be 'righted,' so I have some downtime amidst all the ups & downs....

2. Anyways.......

3. One pertinent observation is that Machida did ramp-it-up compared to the 'Page fight.... do you agree...??? At least, that seems to be the consensus here.... and a theme of the T.... :icon_excl

Cheers,

TheKarateStylist

Karatestylist: And Im talking to the real person behind the screen, and not the gimmick. What is the point of carrying on your gimmick for so long? What are your aims? What do you hope to achieve?

Karatestylist: And Im talking to the real person behind the screen, and not the gimmick. What is the point of carrying on your gimmick for so long? What are your aims? What do you hope to achieve?

Lunch with SINISTER... Now only a pipe dream.... :icon_neut Actually, I hate Vegas & never plan to go there, so that should ease HIS mind....

Hey, and and I'm still working on Big D's writetup re Hendo / Machida.... though the TSF has rapidly moved on to a zillion new topics....

The T was a very interesting piece of work.... we'll continue the relationship....

TheKarateStylist

P.S. Try PM'ing me with something else than official dubs... :icon_surp

For example, what is TSF? "The striking forum?" Why would you say that instead of simply saying "the striking forum?" And why would you say "the TSF" if one of the Ts already stands for "the?" Or if you want to abbreviate, then why wouldn't your acronym represent the actual name of the sub-forum, which is "Standup Technique?" So you should be saying "ST has already moved on, etc."

I mean, come on man. It truly is baffling.

For example, what is TSF? "The striking forum?" Why would you say that instead of simply saying "the striking forum?" And why would you say "the TSF" if one of the Ts already stands for "the?" Or if you want to abbreviate, then why wouldn't your acronym represent the actual name of the sub-forum, which is "Standup Technique?" So you should be saying "ST has already moved on, etc."

I mean, come on man. It truly is baffling.

OH, Pleeeaaasssseeeeee..... :icon_lol:

Honestly, I should give "the striking forum" a break and hop over to your blog :confused: Right?

EDIT: Counselor, I think you're losing your case..... :icon_idea

EDIT2: Better yet, jump over to the latest Allison Brie post and 'cool' off. It's a bit raunchy, but good Sherdoggian Fun..... and I spelled Sherdoggian out!!!

EDIT#3: Thread Bump / ttt: One of you best gifs was that baby Hendo / Bisping KO.... Speaks volumes about Machida's performance.... Is that a contribution worth noting????

TheTrulyBafflingStylist

I sometimes wonder if KS isn't Payak... I hope not, the internet would probably self-detonate if that became known.

Honestly, I should give "the striking forum" a break and hop over to your blog :confused: Right?

EDIT2: Better yet, jump over to the latest Allison Brie post and 'cool' off. It's a bit raunchy, but good Sherdoggian Fun..... and I spelled Sherdoggian out!!!

EDIT#3: Thread Bump / ttt: One of you best gifs was that baby Hendo / Bisping KO.... Speaks volumes about Machida's performance.... Is that a contribution worth noting????

TheTrulyBafflingStylist

Strong autism is strong

TheTrulyBafflingStylist

Let your guard down Karatestylist. You can be yourself on this forum. What are you afraid of? Everyone is anonymous anyway. Remove the gimmick and come on out. We want the real Karatestylist. Right guys? Right?

**yeah thats right!**
**Come on out!**
**We want the real karatestylist!**
**Clapping**

KarateStylist's first post:

KarateStylist ("KS") on "GSP's kARATE & kNIFE dEFENSE *VID*"

KS notes that a number of the comments critical of GSP's kata rendition 'hold water.'
But, in KS's opinion, that is not the lesson offered by GSP's kata video.

The point is that GSP, as an MMA champion, stood up and harkened back to his Kyokushin karate training & performed a traditional martial art kata. How many MMA fighters, successful MMA fighters at that, are willing or able to attempt such a demonstration?

KS studies a traditional style of karate similar in many respects to Lyoto Machida's Shotokan Karate base. KS can also say that GSP's kata performance is uninspiring.
But what is inspiring is that he can do the kata with some semblence of skill.

The real issue is that kata is the comprehensive traditional karate exercise. Doing kata to a high standard is extremely challenging. While many observers fault GSP's performance from its physical appearance, its physical action; kata is really a mental exercise.

Kata is designed to build a certain type of physique; more importantly, the development of mental discipline that leads to a host of other other mental powers.. The physical form of kata is actually the physical expression of a high level of physical & mental development--integrated together.

To KS, GSP's kata shows he can certainly execute the physical steps--it's the mental discipline & control & precision that need attention. In his defense, most reditions of kata that you see anywhere, from dojos to tournaments to youtube, all suffer from the same problem. That is why (one big reason) kata practitioners fall short in competition & any subsequent real-time application of kata.

KS thinks GSP deserves much credit for his demonstration. GSP correctly demonstrated the kata. Critics should attempt traditional karate training and kata; KS believes most MMA competitors would fall flat on their face. For all his top-notch MMA prep & track record, Jake Shields came away the loser in the recent bout with GSP.

KS says anyone can be a critic. Being a critic takes zero effort, those knowledgable aside. Very few, a small percentage of marital artists can do kata, in all its dimensions, 'perfectly.' You can't fault GSP for standing up and trying. GSP did both traditional martial arts & MMA a favor by bringing this misunderstood & under-utilized training method to the MMA public's attention.

Kudos to GSP.

The same complete bullshit information, but in a totally different gimmick

Let your guard down Karatestylist. You can be yourself on this forum. What are you afraid of? Everyone is anonymous anyway. Remove the gimmick and come on out. We want the real Karatestylist. Right guys? Right?

**yeah thats right!**
**Come on out!**
**We want the real karatestylist!**
**Clapping**

rofl x ............. infinity.... :icon_surp

TheKarateStylist

KarateStylist's first post:

The same complete bullsh*t information, but in a totally different gimmick

Here's Jukai, our resident karate 'expert:' DIDN'T READ LOL // THEN I DID READ // DIDN'T READ LOL // THEN I DID READ // DIDN'T READ LOL // THEN I DID READ, etc. ................................................................................................................................... AND FELL FLAT ON MY FACE.... :D

TheKarateStylist

P.S. JUKAI's replies are responses to macho-fanbois gym customers.... $$$$$$ :icon_conf

^^^ And yes I do stand out.... no 'gimmicks' to be found here @ the 'Dog.... :icon_conf

TheKarateStylist

Here's Jukai, our resident karate 'expert:' DIDN'T READ LOL // THEN I DID READ // DIDN'T READ LOL // THEN I DID READ // DIDN'T READ LOL // THEN I DID READ, etc. ................................................................................................................................... AND FELL FLAT ON MY FACE.... :D

P.S. JUKAI's replies are responses to macho-fanbois gym customers.... $$$$$$ :icon_conf

302.gif

^^^ it's no wonder cute girls pay attention to guys who can dance like that, instead of academics like me :icon_cry2.... tnk gawd for Hollywood movies about dorks who get the girl....

bump: now on that itty bitty Hendo KO of Bisping gif.... I did get to review / watch round 1 of the fight, and from a fan view,,, incredibly boring.... Machida's goal to avoid being Bisping-ed, achieved.... at the expense of fan displeasure.... :icon_sad:

TheKarateStylist

Back