Help selecting Muay Thai bag

noumanmemon

White Belt
Reaction score
Hello,

This is my first post here and I am really looking for some guidance from experience folks here... I am getting ready to purchase a good Muay thai bag and I have shortlisted Fairtex 6ft banana bag HB6 and Fairtex Angle Bag HB12. I like the making of the angle bag and it seems to be great for almost everything viz Low-high kicks, upper cuts, boxing, knees etc... The 6ft is the classic and I find that in almost every gym here... I have never personally seen the fairtex angle bag... Can somebody having experience with these bags share their experience? Also my other constraint is that I have very limited space in my room...

Thank you!

I have both the Fairtex angle bag and the 6ft bag at my gym. I would't buy either one again. Just buy a normal Twins bag. There is a reason why you don't see all of the specialty bags in Thailand. Just the basic leather/nylon Twins/Windy/ThaiSmai bag.

Hello,

This is my first post here and I am really looking for some guidance from experience folks here... I am getting ready to purchase a good Muay thai bag and I have shortlisted Fairtex 6ft banana bag HB6 and Fairtex Angle Bag HB12. I like the making of the angle bag and it seems to be great for almost everything viz Low-high kicks, upper cuts, boxing, knees etc... The 6ft is the classic and I find that in almost every gym here... I have never personally seen the fairtex angle bag... Can somebody having experience with these bags share their experience? Also my other constraint is that I have very limited space in my room...

Thank you!

if you can afford it then KO Fightgear. i love mine and its is built like a tank. feels great to kick and punch. unfortunately i haven't used it in 6 months since i moved out of my old place :icon_sad:

What country are you in???

If you are in the USA, then check out KO fight gear Thai bags as well as the Ring to cage angle bag.

I have the fairtex angle bag in my gym and its ok, its hard but sort of breaks in after a bit. I think the R2C is nicer though.

I have both the Fairtex angle bag and the 6ft bag at my gym. I would't buy either one again. Just buy a normal Twins bag. There is a reason why you don't see all of the specialty bags in Thailand. Just the basic leather/nylon Twins/Windy/ThaiSmai bag.

In general I prefer fairtex to twins however with bags, twins all the way.

Cool I had this question too l, I'm going to replace my heavy bag soon.

Thank you very much guys... I am currently in USA and will be moving soon and would need an unfilled bag... I have really heard great stories about Fairtex but your comments actually changed my mind... I want something that will last longer and feels great during workout and I believe Twins / Windy / KO is the way to go over fairtex based on the comments...

Where can I get a better deal on these bags unfilled?

Last edited:
where are you moving too??? unfilled bags are a dime a dozen here in china...

What country are you in???

If you are in the USA, then check out KO fight gear Thai bags as well as the Ring to cage angle bag.

I have the fairtex angle bag in my gym and its ok, its hard but sort of breaks in after a bit. I think the R2C is nicer though.
So you do prefer angle bags to banana bags?

Back