Hello can a fighter with tiny hands be a UFC champion

If the amount of force put into a punch(generated at hips/core) is the same, I would think it would create a powerful strike, if anything.

Having said that, it’s entirely possible that bigger hands is correlated with higher testosterone, and higher testosterone = more likely to be a good fighter/athlete. So it is possible correlative relationship exists between hand size and success as a mixed martial artist.

I shook hands with Muhammad Mokaev and I was shocked how small and thin his hands were

e3001cba5716bf717d90fc2bf17cb546ba81b501.jpg

Was that actually a thing?

There has been a notable instance in the UFC where a fighter's hand size was mentioned, specifically involving Conor McGregor. Michael Chandler, a fellow UFC fighter, mockingly commented on McGregor's hands, describing them as "disproportionately small" and comparing them to a newborn baby's hands. This observation was made during their interactions on the show "The Ultimate Fighter," where Chandler noticed the size of McGregor's hands.

There has been a notable instance in the UFC where a fighter's hand size was mentioned, specifically involving Conor McGregor. Michael Chandler, a fellow UFC fighter, mockingly commented on McGregor's hands, describing them as "disproportionately small" and comparing them to a newborn baby's hands. This observation was made during their interactions on the show "The Ultimate Fighter," where Chandler noticed the size of McGregor's hands.
That must explain why that girl was PMSing on me in the 2nd page when I was just joking about DJ's size.

Khabib grandpa would have been the goat

EwVwbglU8AQUACJ.jpg
Eh par the course for that generation.

In the era before microplastics and other estrogenic compounds flooded our daily lives those old men always had some gnarly big hands.

Really though I remember with the Luke Rockhold vs Perry fight they did a hand size comparison in a face-to-face they did and Luke's hands were way bigger than Perry's. didn't mean shit in the end.

There are studies suggesting a correlation between the ratio of the index and ring fingers (the 2D:4D ratio) and various physical and biological traits, including penis size. This correlation is thought to be related to prenatal exposure to hormones like testosterone. The 2D:4D ratio is a marker for the balance between testosterone and estrogen levels in the womb, and it's hypothesized that higher testosterone levels lead to a lower 2D:4D ratio and might be linked to a longer penis size.

Well, pretty sure my wife would love for me to have bad circulation then.
It's never too late to have poor circulation, your wife might be happy when you get older. Drink lots of booze and arm wrestle a lot, you will get there pal. A happy marriage is in your future.

In theory, a punch delivered with the same amount of force by someone with small hands should create a bigger impact. It doesn't seem to be that way in practice; I'm guessing it's because guys with small hands don't punch with the same force, or some other explanation that makes sense mathematically.
The physics behind impact areas suggest that a impact with same strength, but less area have more power.
A needle certainly can cause more damage than a baseball, but Consider this: a needle has about 1000x less area than a baseball.
But i think the smallest hand in the world probably has at most 5x less area than the largest hands in the world, not a significant enhancement.

But talking about hands, I think tiny hands have fragile bones.
Its like being hit by a baseball bat (dense) and a tiny dry brunch, I think people with tiny hands broke their hands very often too, its very discouraging hit someone's head with full power with such fragile bones.

In theory, a punch delivered with the same amount of force by someone with small hands should create a bigger impact. It doesn't seem to be that way in practice; I'm guessing it's because guys with small hands don't punch with the same force, or some other explanation that makes sense mathematically.
It's because guys with smaller hands generally have smaller bodies/frames.

If he’s still got big feet then he’s got a chance

I guess the way I've always looked at it is like this:

Say you have a sledge hammer, 10 lbs, and then you have a pick axe, also 10 lbs. And you swing both with a force of 100 lbs. Which one does more damage? Sledge hammer has more of a surface area, so it would spread the force over that area, almost evenly I would imagine (assuming it lands true). Then you got the pick axe with has a very small area at the point of impact, so all that force is delivered in a smaller area. So which would leave more damage?

Back