"Hecho en Mexico"

FullContact.com

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
So with the US (Ringside) version of Cleto Reyes gloves claiming they are made in Mexico; it makes me wonder if they were made in Mexico, Missouri. Ringside hasn't been exactly forthcoming with the padding contents of the gloves and as I understand, there's closer to no horsehair in them compared to their superior hispanic twin. I read somewhere in here that Ringside is the sole US distributor of Reyes, which would mean that Ringside has a monopoly of the US sale of these gloves - because GOD knows they aren't wholesaling them out for resale. Their largest competitor has been trying to get me to push their "Pro-Mex" gloves in their [Reyes] place. Title claims that they use real horsehair and is crafted in "true mexican style", but I have to know, has anyone ever used them? I definitely have to give Title their credit, they have finally started to step up in quality (of some items), but I can't logically whore out a product that I:

1) have no experience with, and/or
2) that isn't of decent quality.

So my question for you guys is, has anyone ever used said gloves and how do they compare the Mexican/American versions? Are they worth buying a bunch and keeping in stock, or should I just nix the whole idea altogether?

Input is much appreciated - thanks guys

Jameson - Full Contact Outlet

its Hecho En Mexico

do research on the search function

cliff notes...

all cletos training gloves are latex foam padding...horse hair are old school and for the FIGHT gloves.

ringside has a diffrent cut compared to the mexican market ones.

and yes they are all made in MEXICO...

they are all of the same quality!

i hope that answers your question

Why I put an 'n' in there - no clue.

But hey, there's always "that guy"; thanks for being him.

In hindsight, there was the key to the statement - FIGHT gloves. The thread I read was about training gloves - so my bad on that one. To add to that one, "horsehair is old school" - so you're saying no longer?

Full Contact Outlet

what i meant for the old school training gloves was horse hair

but the fight gloves are a horse hair /open cell foam combination.

the only place i found to sell the old school horse hair gloves are Flores boxing gloves

if you go to ebay they got some on sale right now. type in flores gloves

Check out this thread, mi amigo:

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f16/m...exico-boxing-gloves-814351/?highlight=crossdx

All modern Cleto Reyes training gloves use a latex foam padding, wheter you buy the Ringside or Mexican market version. Only the pro fight gloves use horsehair padding, afaik.

That thread above highlights the differences in design of the Ringside and Mexican market Reyes gloves. Bear in mind that while the TS. KShaft, doesn't like the Mexican version so much, I LOVE mine. It comes down to personal preference, but they're both top quality gloves.

So with the US (Ringside) version of Cleto Reyes gloves claiming they are made in Mexico; it makes me wonder if they were made in Mexico, Missouri. Ringside hasn't been exactly forthcoming with the padding contents of the gloves and as I understand, there's closer to no horsehair in them compared to their superior hispanic twin. I read somewhere in here that Ringside is the sole US distributor of Reyes, which would mean that Ringside has a monopoly of the US sale of these gloves - because GOD knows they aren't wholesaling them out for resale. Their largest competitor has been trying to get me to push their "Pro-Mex" gloves in their [Reyes] place. Title claims that they use real horsehair and is crafted in "true mexican style", but I have to know, has anyone ever used them? I definitely have to give Title their credit, they have finally started to step up in quality (of some items), but I can't logically whore out a product that I:

1) have no experience with, and/or
2) that isn't of decent quality.

So my question for you guys is, has anyone ever used said gloves and how do they compare the Mexican/American versions? Are they worth buying a bunch and keeping in stock, or should I just nix the whole idea altogether?

Input is much appreciated - thanks guys

Jameson - Full Contact Outlet

Btw, KShaft reviewed those Pro-Mex gloves your wondering about purchasing, among a few other gloves from Title. Here's the thread:

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f16/crossdx-asianvaletudo-some-gloves-way-798424/

A Mexico Missouri reference I didn't expect to see on Sherdog. And the answer is no. No boxing gloves are being made in Mexico MO. However just northwest of there in Moberly MO Everlast turns out all their fight gloves and rings. Not really important as I know the Mexico MO refernce was a joke. But any chance I have to point out parts of my world I take.

The pro-mex are not the equivalent of a Reyes glove, but for less than half the price, its not a bad knock off. I like that, made in the true Mexican style..... in CHINA! But like I said its not a bad glove at all, but I go for the real thing. For me its worth the extra dough.

If youre going to carry something from the title line up, man get their gel gloves. Those are outstanding gloves for the money. Bag glove and trainers. Bag glove feels so damn good and you can hit just about as hard as a winnings glove. Only thing is they arent quite as nice all around and are only available in 16oz (at regular size). They are heavy for a literal lightweight like my self. I usually practice in 12oz for bag and mitts and have to go to the 16ozs for sparring.

I have talked directly to Miss Gonzalez at Cleto Reyes HQ and exchanged many emails with Elizabeth Reyes. The ringside glove is definitely authentic. They are very slightly different as I have explained in my post. If you are going to use the glove for sparing then you should definitely go with the Ringside version as it has more fill in the knuckle area, a sharper curve, and less surface area on the knuckle area. Its actually pretty protective. I think however it is too spongy for bag and pad work, and the flatter MM Reyes may be better for that work. Not so much bouncy bouncy. I cant totally give a nod, as I have a freaking stress fracture in my lower left leg, and I haven't done crap for over a month and I am slowly going insane....

Back