Heavyweight is the most improved weightclass in the UFC. Agree?

Pretty sure this is a troll job

No its not a troll job...
Not sure why a couple of you have suggested that is the case? The thread isn't saying the weight class is the best weight class, it is saying that it is the most improved.

If you think its a troll thread what weight class do you think is most improved?

I'll ignore the trolling and say that BW has come much the farthest IMO in the last 5 years. The division is so exciting, and I can think of tons of match-ups I would love to see

Most improved I think is the men's 135, but heavyweight is at the very least fun now, and filled with interesting matchups. I could come up with like four fights I'd want for just Overeem, but 205 has none of that. The top four guys is literally all it has ( and all those fights we've already seen ) after Jones bullied every legend but Shogun out of the division and now that the prospects were unceremoniously culled by WME.

I'll ignore the trolling and say that BW has come much the farthest IMO in the last 5 years. The division is so exciting, and I can think of tons of match-ups I would love to see

It is good. Garbrandt has a fun style and got to the top of the mountain without beating a ton of the contenders on his way up so he has fresh matchups waiting for him.

Garbrandt is much much much better than I expected.. Not sure of who excites me that hasn't had a chance to prove himself at 135 though.

With that said if Garbrandt can hold onto the belt I've got a bunch of people I want to see him challenge starting with TJ.

HW: Miocic, JDS, Cain, Werdum, Overeem, Ngannou, Lewis, Rothwell, Struve ... it's just a fun division to watch.

<{Joewithit}>

It is good. Garbrandt has a fun style and got to the top of the mountain without beating a ton of the contenders on his way up so he has fresh matchups waiting for him.

Garbrandt is much much much better than I expected.. Not sure of who excites me that hasn't had a chance to prove himself at 135 though.

With that said if Garbrandt can hold onto the belt I've got a bunch of people I want to see him challenge starting with TJ.

Obviously the top 3 are great, but I think a match between him an someone like Dodson could be absolute fireworks.

I thought Dodson handily beat Linekar, and I'm not sure how Cody would react to his speed.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Munhoz go on a run, he's always been talented.

Jimmie Rivera has continued to surprise me, and I feel like he is a good example of a fight style that seems to contradict most of the top fighters.

Lastly, the thought that MM could jump up at some point leads to an infinite number of additional matches.

the fact that derrick lewis is top 10 show just how fucking terrible the division is

bw is the most imrpoved division, cruz, dillishaw and cody should all be in the top 10 pfp list

Lewis vs Browne was simply mma technical brilliance!

Womens MMA has advanced more than HW division. That's how shit it is.

It is crazy to see how quickly things can change; just a year ago the division felt completely dead but now....

HW has a champion who has challengers that aren't all rematches.

We have Francis Ngammou, Curtis Blaydes, and Derrick Lewis as prospects.

Vitaly Minakov probably joins this summer

Bilyal Makhov - the super athlete russian heavyweight will probably fight someone in his mma debut this summer.
feels like this was just your long way of saying fu Cain

Compared to the whole Brock show and stupid Cain rematches it is shaping up pretty well. There's the champ. Alistair, Cain, JDS, Werdum thereafter. Then there is Hunt, Big Ben, AA + Ngannou and Lewis as upcomers and the influx of Russian and Polish guys + Blaydes, Harris and a few guys at the bottom.

Love these threads where everyone starts hating on the "unskilled, over the hill" heavyweights.

If they were that unskilled, slow, easy to beat, then guys from LHW would just go up and finish them easily and take the belt, of course.

Why do you think Jones(possible GOAT) hasn't done it?

Back in 2005 your up and coming prospect was Werdum, just to give comparison to today's MMA and MMA a decade ago.

Werdum in 2005 wasnt better than Ngannou of today. Current AA would KTFO that Werdum.

The fact that 30 year old fighters, with no particular skill set, such as Derrick Lewis and Francis Ngannou are considered prospects really shows the state of the division.

Racist......Woodley will read this.

If heavyweight is such a shitshow, why doesnt a 205er just come up and clean house?

Because they cant. Heavyweight is, and always will be, the most prestigious division. The true 'baddest man on the planet' is the hw champ.

Im pretty sure DC could be HW champ if his boy cain was not loosely active at HW.

Cain hasnt been champ for a while. Why doesnt he just go up and beat stipe??
because he is focused on his 205 belt and only has a few fights left in him, and cain is still active just injured most of the time. He weathered a rumble storm and his excellent wrestling suggests could beat stipe.

Back