Heavybag Critics

When your left hand drops from your chin, you are going to throw with that hand.

When your left hand drops from your chin, you are going to throw with that hand.

Normally I'm a little hesitant to critique bag work because it depends on what you're going for, but I not only noticed what Bob points out, but also that your hands loop on the way back you bring your hand back to guard but your hand falls before it gets back there. That and when you go for a body jab you don't lower your base at all, which means that your face is very open.

That being said I do like your transitions into kicks, it's all pretty smooth, seems like you know what you're doing.

I agreed, your hand dropping is a huge telegraphed movement, I would practice no dropping the hand at slow motion to maximize the results

nice pop in your punches, nice kicks aswell. maybe try out that switch kick. for the lead leg.

Constant dropping of the guard hand before striking. Even when leading with a rear leg kick, you drop the rear hand first.

I can only speak from a boxing perspective, but your punches are telegraphed and you have a bad habit of reaching out and pawing at the bag with your left hand.

Stop touching the bag with those feelers (you might be steadying the bag though just try not to do it as often.) You'll find yourself putting out feelers in the fight and a good opponent will send you and overhand for it. Add a bit of head movement and lateral movement and you're looking pretty good :)

Haven't read the responses, but your lead shoulder is definitely not protecting your chin when you jab.

Generelly you should build in more defensive moves post-punching. Your defense is basically stepping back after each punch, which is, well ...not even a defense - you're straight in the line of your opponents offense, plus it becomes predictable when you do it repeatedly.

First off, nice work. Respect for putting your vid up for feedback.

One thing I noticed you could focus a bit more on is driving your punches forward. To improve this the place to begin is with your footwork (what are you wearing on your feet, btw?). You want a powerful drive off that back foot, transferring a lot of energy smoothly up through your legs and into your hips. Bend your knees and hips also, you're standing tall much of the time while punching.

You also want to throw your fist forward via torquing your torso and firing from there like your fist is the bullet ejecting out of it. More twisting of the midsection and use of the torso muscle groups to fire out your hands, will increase your power and will also keep your arms fresh longer.

Anyway, props for getting it in. Keep it up sherbro.

Thanks a lot ! For BearGrounds, i'm wearing socks... The ground is very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rank Wang
Back