Media HEATED face off - Aldo / Martinez (three angles, short clips - Nogueira is between them in second clip!)

Don't understand this "so he can box" thing, he's been boxing professionally since his last MMA fight..? Has 1 Win, 1 Draw professionally and 1 win in an exhibition which came before those 2.
View attachment 1042102

That Stephens draw was a joke. Rumor is the UFC won't let him with a fight on his deal.

Maybe Jose if fighting out of his contract.. dude had to ask permission to box and IIRC he wanted to be on the Georges vs Nathan card.

I also would like to see Aldo cripple and beat the shit out of Cruz too.
I hope this is the case because Martinez isn't a good matchup. Big shame it's not Cruz.

Comment implies Aldo was instigator - but I am not sure about that?

What are your thoughts?

My thoughts is that I wish Aldo was fighting someone a little less skilled than Martinez, I don't want to see him lose. 🫤, hopefully he doesn't get beat up and Aldo does the beating up. They should have matched Aldo up with an older guy like himself imo for his return.

Don't understand this "so he can box" thing, he's been boxing professionally since his last MMA fight..? Has 1 Win, 1 Draw professionally and 1 win in an exhibition which came before those 2.
View attachment 1042102
I think he has to ask permission from the UFC every time he wants to box.

Getting a farewell fighting in Brazil and getting rid of his contract sounds pretty good.

I think he has to ask permission from the UFC every time he wants to box.

Getting a farewell fighting in Brazil and getting rid of his contract sounds pretty good.
No doubt, wonder why he didn't do it sooner.. Hopefully he's not too injured for the 2 month turn around for the Jake Paul red panty payday.

My thoughts is that I wish Aldo was fighting someone a little less skilled than Martinez, I don't want to see him lose. 🫤, hopefully he doesn't get beat up and Aldo does the beating up. They should have matched Aldo up with an older guy like himself imo for his return.

Word. Dom would have been perfect :(

Oh well.

If he wins will can celebrate all the more!

I hope he wins quick by liver shot KO and sticks it to Dana lolol

No doubt, wonder why he didn't do it sooner.. Hopefully he's not too injured for the 2 month turn around for the Jake Paul red panty payday.
Maybe finally said no to one of the boxing fights he wanted to take, and at that point just wanted to get the UFC contract out of the way? Only thing i can come up with. Or maybe he's just bored, who knows?

Hope Aldo doesn't hide behind his jab. He uses more of his boxing and fires first, he'll win and possibly get the finish.

Maybe finally said no to one of the boxing fights he wanted to take, and at that point just wanted to get the UFC contract out of the way? Only thing i can come up with. Or maybe he's just bored, who knows?
I've pieced it together I think, he's basically wanting to box on Jake Paul vs Tyson's card, the boxing cards he's fought on thus far in the last couple years have all had ties to UFC(Dana)..
For a guy with so many 'I don't need money i'm all about Legacy' quotes, it's a little bit of a shame imo as he's already been boxing(which he wanted to do), granted this fight gives him the freedom to fight in/for other promotions, and a chance to probably make more $ without Dana's Pink nose being involved, which is super fair enough, but personally I don't think it bodes well for his mentality for his next MMA fight, and kinda contradicts what he's been saying throughout his career.. Unless of course Jake Paul has some amazing once in a lifetime matchup for him.. Maybe the freedom from the UFC means more than i'm giving credit for, but I always thought he didn't have many qualms with his treatment, I suppose it also gives him the chance to end his career in Brazil(but could be nasty if his focus is on a boxing match 2 months later).

I figured Aldo would want to leave UFC with a win, one of the reasons I wasn't convinced he was really done after Merab.

Can't pick against The King of Rio in Rio. Interested to see Aldo's hands since he's been focused on boxing lately. As long as he can still check kicks, he has a good shot at beating Martinez imo. There's also age and octagon rust to consider, but I have to roll with Scarface here.

Agree with most of that! :)

Regarding retirement, I mean, he always wanted to box, and needs to get this done to do so. Dana always tries to give a kick in the arse on last fight on contract, All I can do is pray that vintage Aldo shows up and gets the win.

As for the Fedor shrug, I am disappoint. :( You need to nurture your Shookologist spirit.
He should have hit him with the:

<WhatItIs>

First time i've wanted Aldo to lose in a long long time.. Pass the torch n that.

Jonathan-Martinez-Leg-Kick-2.gif
His leg is going to snap one day.

Only seen a few gif of this guy but it feels like watching renan barao.

Back