Media HEATED face off - Aldo / Martinez (three angles, short clips - Nogueira is between them in second clip!)

Don't understand this "so he can box" thing, he's been boxing professionally since his last MMA fight..? Has 1 Win, 1 Draw professionally and 1 win in an exhibition which came before those 2.
View attachment 1042102

That's AI bro. Don't fall for it.

Really tho... DAMN WTAF?

Everyone saying Dana forced his hand... it could still be so, as in, he gave permission for those, but used his leverage now when it suited him. Would be nice to know for sure... if someone has a sourced quote or vid of explanation from Aldo etc

He even chuckles and says all is ok. It's just show for the fans.
Nobody would lead that stupid with his head, having his hands back
I took it a lil differently.

Like, he was genuinely bein a lil crazy (motions with his hands to say I won't take it further now)

If he fights with that attitude it could go really good for him (or really bad)

If you ask my opinion about this, i'll just say Nog needs to lay low on the botox, dude is looking as weird as Wand at this point.
Very puffy - fillers? I can't picture him doing so lol, so maybe just drinking a lot :)

Apparently the UFC has noone for UFC 301 and gave Aldo a lot of cash to co main, cause they needed star power, and he couldn't say no. That and him wanting to be free from the Zuffa contract so he can box like another poster said
@Jose Beehive

Maybe that's just it ^ big payday, and gets to cut ties (would feel good to be free). And enjoy a fight.

<Fedor23>

That's AI bro. Don't fall for it.

Really tho... DAMN WTAF?

Everyone saying Dana forced his hand... it could still be so, as in, he gave permission for those, but used his leverage now when it suited him. Would be nice to know for sure... if someone has a sourced quote or vid of explanation from Aldo etc
So just tried to figure it out and the promotions he's boxed professionally for are Masvidal's Gamebred(UFC connected) and Fightpass Twitter(UFC connected) ... so I would assume he can only box on Fightpass shows currently and not anything actually relevant to the boxing world.

Fun fact: Aldo is kind of identical to my mechanic of many years (and now good friend), Tho Aldo is about 35 years younger

So just tried to figure it out and the promotions he's boxed professionally for are Masvidal's Gamebred(UFC connected) and Fightpass Twitter(UFC connected) ... so I would assume he can only box on Fightpass shows currently and not anything actually relevant to the boxing world.
Great stuff bro, well done.

Yeah, so it's for his freedom I guess.

In terms of it 'hurting his legacy' - the UFC has pretty much tried to bury it anyway, so maybe he has come to terms with that, does not really give a shit and wants to be free to do as he pleases in day to day life and box. Can't fault him for that.

I like Martinez so pretty disappointed in his lack of respect for the King.
He has to do it.

he's fighting a legend in his home town this could be the signature win that makes him a star.

Yeah, thats pretty much it. He wants to be on the Tyson/Paul card:

via Forbes

When the UFC announced the former featherweight champion Jose Aldo was coming out of retirement to face Jonathan Martinez at UFC 301, it seemed as if the promotion tapped Aldo to bolster the name recognition on the ESPN+ streaming pay-per-view card. However, there might be more to that situation than that.

When Aldo retired from the UFC following his August 2022 decision loss to Merab Dvalishvili, he did so with one fight left on his UFC contract. Following that retirement, Aldo participated in one exhibition and two professional boxing matches, with the approval of the UFC.

While the UFC granted Aldo his wish and let him compete in those matchups, the UFC Hall of Famer seems to want to fight on a card the UFC would not likely give its blessing to.

The card that Aldo is eyeing is the Netflix event that will be headlined by a matchup between Jake Paul and Mike Tyson, which is scheduled to take place at AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas, on July 20.

“... There’s a big event on Netflix later this year (with Jake Paul vs. Mike Tyson), and hopefully, I can get on that,” Aldo told MMA Junkie.

With the adversarial relationship Jake Paul, who is promoting the card under his Most Valuable Promotions banner (along with Netflix), has with UFC CEO Dana White, it’s unlikely that the UFC would sign off on Aldo participating on that card because of Paul’s ties to the event.

However, if Aldo is out of his contract with the UFC following Saturday’s UFC 301 matchup against Jonathan Martinez, there would be nothing stopping the former UFC titleholder from signing on to compete on that card, or for another other promotion for that matter.

Can't wait for this. That stream of Aldo fights the other day got me hyped to see his return. Something about the way he throws shots when chasing the finish is something you don't see a lot of today.

via Forbes

When the UFC announced the former featherweight champion Jose Aldo was coming out of retirement to face Jonathan Martinez at UFC 301, it seemed as if the promotion tapped Aldo to bolster the name recognition on the ESPN+ streaming pay-per-view card. However, there might be more to that situation than that.

When Aldo retired from the UFC following his August 2022 decision loss to Merab Dvalishvili, he did so with one fight left on his UFC contract. Following that retirement, Aldo participated in one exhibition and two professional boxing matches, with the approval of the UFC.

While the UFC granted Aldo his wish and let him compete in those matchups, the UFC Hall of Famer seems to want to fight on a card the UFC would not likely give its blessing to.

The card that Aldo is eyeing is the Netflix event that will be headlined by a matchup between Jake Paul and Mike Tyson, which is scheduled to take place at AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas, on July 20.

“... There’s a big event on Netflix later this year (with Jake Paul vs. Mike Tyson), and hopefully, I can get on that,” Aldo told MMA Junkie.

With the adversarial relationship Jake Paul, who is promoting the card under his Most Valuable Promotions banner (along with Netflix), has with UFC CEO Dana White, it’s unlikely that the UFC would sign off on Aldo participating on that card because of Paul’s ties to the event.

However, if Aldo is out of his contract with the UFC following Saturday’s UFC 301 matchup against Jonathan Martinez, there would be nothing stopping the former UFC titleholder from signing on to compete on that card, or for another other promotion for that matter.
Thanks 🙏

via Forbes

Hope it's a credible opponent if he makes it past Martinez without getting hurt, and not someone like Deji Olatunji lol.. Won't look good if he starts scrapping Youtubers when he's so known for "Legacy > Money" .

He has to do it.

he's fighting a legend in his home town this could be the signature win that makes him a star.

Eh, he has the skills to take himself near the top. He can get a signature win with a violent performance without the disrespect imo.

I get it though, it’s the fight game — doesn’t mean I like it.

WAR ALDO!!!

Back