Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
From the manufacturer:

Hayabusa Pro Training Micro Mitts

hayabusa-pro-training-series-micro-mitts-4.gif

Once you experience Hayabusa

Last edited:
Damn if these mitts ever hit a sale, it's a definite cop.

Great review

Thanks for the nice review. Now I'll have to get these too... :wink:

Already have the Pro Training thai pads, kick shield and body protector which I'm pretty happy with . Good quality and good looking stuff but a bit pricey.

I agree with what you say about (incidental) Hayabusa quality issues. I have a pair of Kanpeki 2.0 gloves that look like they were manufactured in a rush. Retired them and am happy with Cleto's and Winnings now.

Rgds,
RG

Last edited:
Great review, not a fan of the colour scheme but they sound brilliant.

Thanks for the compliments GB, RG and GMH, much appreciated.

RG, you might as well add these to complete your collection. If your happy with everything else you won't be disappointed in these.

GMH, I agree completely on colors, I think this is my first review where I've actually adjusted the score based on a color scheme.

Those are badass, if otm fight shop in Albuquerque has these I'm taking a pair back to china.

Thanks for the review, Mega!

I like the idea of a micro air mitt, but at that price range they should be all leather.

Thanks for the review, Mega!

I like the idea of a micro air mitt, but at that price range they should be all leather.

I totally understand where your coming from and I would normally agree with that for a punch mitt. However, these still met my expectations quality wise. I honestly don't believe the fabric will ever be a problem because it is so thick, especially since I take care of my gear quite well.

I was going to try the Boon's, but I bought these because I knew they performed well. I think the weight of the mitts is one of the main high points. It really works well in a training session, though with your skill of leather work I admit these might not look satisfactory to a trained eye like yours.

Don't get me wrong. They look perfectly constructed and I'm sure they'll hold up fine. I just would have preferred all leather.

I've been eyeing these and the Boons for a while. Boon because of the size and color. With the Hayabusa I was curious about the zipper and the air pocket.

The zipper is completely cover up a leather shell. The air pocket seems to work as advertised, because my hands aren't sore afterwards.

Let me know how you like the boon's if you like them. They look awesome.

You can get these for less than 80 bucks (supposed to be free shipping). I almost did. Except I screwed up my shipping address, and then had to pay extra to have it rerouted (I'm an idiot).

This is how I did it:

Link:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hayabusa-Pr...pt=Martial_Arts_Equipment&hash=item2c81ec5e94

I think that the seller is just looking to get a little over cost for its MMA gear. Also has some boxing gear. For the MMA gear, there is a best offer feature.

I offered 65? I think. Counter was 80 I think. Then I slowly moved up, then settled at less than 80. Free shipping, no tax unless you're in NY. I'm looking forward to these.

Just got a pair of these in the mail yesterday. I paid more than 80bucks though. It's hard to get hayabusa stuff here in Asia. I'll use them tonight and see how they are.

Back