Having problems with someone I am renting a room to in my house, HELP!

ConnorMacGregod

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Okay, so on December of 2016 I rented out a room in my house to a female aged 19. When she first moved in to my home I thought it was just going to be her but in the second week her boyfriend moved in and she caught me off guard. I let him stay in the home and upped the rent from 325 to 475 a month. Then 2 months later I found out she was pregnant and not what I originally thought she was, Very Fat. So on April she gave birth and I did not say anything since I did not want to be as cruel to throw a mother and her bf out and also getting into the hassle of evicting her.

Well last month her bf moved out caused he is a player and found someone better looking. Well now I am getting into disagreements with her cause I also have another older lady who I rent a room to also and she does not like that the younger female does not clean her plates and pans. She waits a few days or a week to do them or the older lady usually cleans them for her. I keep telling her to clean up after her but she always brings up the excuse that she has a newborn baby that she has to look out for since there are very rare cases were babies have suffocated if not taken care of. I wouldnt ague that but then she has the time to go out in the back yard and smoke hookah but has no time to wash dishes.

She has also been late for this months rent because she was not working and only found a job 1 week ago. And when I text her about cleaning up after her she tells me to "Stop texting her, it is very inappropriate".

I thinking of having her evicted cause I am tired of her lazy ass not cleaning up after herself. A little more info, She did not sign a lease with me and I have not made any rent receipt because i have been too lazy to do so. Yeah I know the irony. But is there anything I can do if I decide to kick her out? How easy or hard would it be.

Thanks in advance my Sherbros.

Gonna need pics of said female to give a proper, balanced reply.

Gonna need pics of said female to give a proper, balanced reply.

I dont think you want to go there. She is about 5"2 and I would estimate about 210 pounds. When she was pregnant i had no idea, I just thought she was very fat. I found out she was very fat but also pregnant.

Sounds like you have a loser for a tenant...it's the risk you take.. These things could go either easy or become a nightmare ..get the process started..

Okay, so on December of 2016 I rented out a room in my house to a female aged 19. When she first moved in to my home I thought it was just going to be her but in the second week her boyfriend moved in and she caught me off guard. I let him stay in the home and upped the rent from 325 to 475 a month. Then 2 months later I found out she was pregnant and not what I originally thought she was, Very Fat. So on April she gave birth and I did not say anything since I did not want to be as cruel to throw a mother and her bf out and also getting into the hassle of evicting her.

Well last month her bf moved out caused he is a player and found someone better looking. Well now I am getting into disagreements with her cause I also have another older lady who I rent a room to also and she does not like that the younger female does not clean her plates and pans. She waits a few days or a week to do them or the older lady usually cleans them for her. I keep telling her to clean up after her but she always brings up the excuse that she has a newborn baby that she has to look out for since there are very rare cases were babies have suffocated if not taken care of. I wouldnt ague that but then she has the time to go out in the back yard and smoke hookah but has no time to wash dishes.

She has also been late for this months rent because she was not working and only found a job 1 week ago. And when I text her about cleaning up after her she tells me to "Stop texting her, it is very inappropriate".

I thinking of having her evicted cause I am tired of her lazy ass not cleaning up after herself. A little more info, She did not sign a lease with me and I have not made any rent receipt because i have been too lazy to do so. Yeah I know the irony. But is there anything I can do if I decide to kick her out? How easy or hard would it be.

Thanks in advance my Sherbros.
Tell her you're selling the house and make a big deal about it. Put her in panic mode

Sounds like you have a loser for a tenant...it's the risk you take.. These things could go either easy or become a nightmare ..get the process started..

Do you think me not giving her lease and not giving her rent receipts will favor me or her?

In your 3 bedroom $85k house? Maybe you should let her stay, it's going to be hard to make up another room mate.

I dont think you want to go there. She is about 5"2 and I would estimate about 210 pounds. When she was pregnant i had no idea, I just thought she was very fat. I found out she was very fat but also pregnant.

Well.. On topic, you need to look up your rights as a land lord in your state/country. With no agreement, it might be a lot more difficult than you think.

Honestly Irrelevent...the laws are really geared to protect the tenant ...if she wants to go down fighting it becomes difficult for the landlord with or without documentation.....That's why I say start the process , the sooner you do, the sooner she is out...

Well.. On topic, you need to look up your rights as a land lord in your state/country. With no agreement, it might be a lot more difficult than you think.

Without a lease doesnt it mean she has less rights than someone with a lease? I am also living there.

Honestly Irrelevent...the laws are really geared to protect the tenant ...if she wants to go down fighting it becomes difficult for the landlord with or without documentation.....That's why I say start the process , the sooner you do, the sooner she is out...

I have to write a letter telling her to move out and explaining it is due to late rent and her being a pig right? I also have to give her 30 days on the letter right? After the 30 days I need to go to a court right?

Without a lease doesnt it mean she has less rights than someone with a lease? I am also living there.

Where do you live? It's not like that in the UK. A tenancy agreement makes it easier, as once it's over, they're legally obliged to GTFO. Even then, it can be tough. It helps that you're just renting a room though and it's not a whole property for which she has the keys/ can change the locks.

Another teenage single mom destined for greatness....

And a slob

Dude, you're fairly fucked.

I have to write a letter telling her to move out and explaining it is due to late rent and her being a pig right? I also have to give her 30 days on the letter right? After the 30 days I need to go to a court right?

Yes on the written notice...everything you do after that is determined by her actions...maybe court will not be neccasary...one thing I would do, is secretly tape or film her..if she goes Physco on you It could help in court...Hopefully she decides she does not want the hassle and will just find another place..

Hahahahahaha.....

Where do you live? It's not like that in the UK. A tenancy agreement makes it easier, as once it's over, they're legally obliged to GTFO. Even then, it can be tough. It helps that you're just renting a room though and it's not a whole property for which she has the keys/ can change the locks.

I live in Allentown, PA.

Another teenage single mom destined for greatness....

And a slob

Dude, you're fairly fucked.

I feel like I am paying for what this stupid bitch and her boyfriend did. Now she brings me a kid and her fat ass.

Also tape with time stamp the mess she leaves, ask your other tenant to corabarate in writing.

Back