Have you ever noticed any similarities?

ArchGoat

Non Serviam
@Brown
Reaction score
Have you ever noticed something similar about two bands, two albums or two songs? For example.

I heard someone say that Urgehal stole some guitar riffs naturally I thought to myself what the hell there's no way they're just trolling I didn't want to believe it because Urgehal is one of my favorites. So I was re-listening to one of Marduk's older albums and I noticed something.

Urgehals - Mankind Murder (2003)

Sounds exactly like

Marduk - Bloodtide (1998)

Yeah That's pretty blatant guitar riff rip off....

Also

Most people know... Ahem some people know that Burzum has a song named "War" and the same guitar riff is present in Evocations "Where The Headstone Shines"

Watain - Devils Blood

Sounds Like

Mayhem - De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas

Well the riff does atleast.

It's even more impressive when a band rips themselves off

I can go on forever

There are endless amount of stolen riffs, similar intros/songs can you think of any?

Last edited:
Any time I hear it I'm usually turned off completely...

But actually I feel like this song by Bodom:

Ripped off riffs from both:

and

Cat Scratch Fever and Smoke on the Water are basically the same guitar riff.
Every Bon Jovi song sounds like Livin' on a Prayer to me.
And Five Finger Death Punch sounds exactly like my ass when I'm taking a shit.

Cat Scratch Fever and Smoke on the Water are basically the same guitar riff.
Every Bon Jovi song sounds like Livin' on a Prayer to me.
And Five Finger Death Punch sounds exactly like my ass when I'm taking a shit.

Interesting I'm gonna have to give it listen to see.

And I have to agree with you on the Five Finger Death Punch thing I don't really understand why that band is so popular but to each their own.

Interesting I'm gonna have to give it listen to see.

And I have to agree with you on the Five Finger Death Punch thing I don't really understand why that band is so popular but to each their own.
With Bon Jovi I am really just talking about Living on a Prayer and that Now or Never song he came out with like 20 years ago.

As for Five Finger, I get it. They are very pop, but sound like they could be metal. So their stuff has mass appeal because that is exactly the goal they set out to achieve.

Another case of Led Zep borrowing someone else tune...it's a folk, but Bert's arrangement is quite distinctive.

Everyone rips off everyone, not much music is truly original. I'm not really a fan but have heard Angel Witch before and sounds like Dave Mustaine pretty much ripped his guitar tone straight from them.

I think these 2 sound too close to be a coincidence.

Sounds like the Riff starting at

0:51

Everything from Led Zeppelin can be linked to someone else's work. Sorry, but it's the truth.
Most overrated rock band in history. It's all stolen.

Back